1. WR avatar

YOUR HAIR IS COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

2. Figure09 avatar

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Figure09 said:

dreads look cool

3. eva avatar

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM, eva said:

MindFreakOnALeash was right, minus the dread shampoo part. You just need residue-free shampoo, not the overpriced Dreadhead HQ or Knottyboy shampoos. Neutrogena has a great residue-free shampoo for around $6. It makes your hair smell like men.

4. MindFreakOnALeashBlakelyRachelle avatar

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM, MindFreakOnALeashBlakelyRachelle said:

well, if your going to get them, you need to be commited. from what i've seen it's like having a pet on your head. lots of mainainance at first, but as they mature (tighten) it gets easier. and contrary to popular belief, you CAN wash them as often as you like, though deffinetly not with conditioner (as eva said) and i wouldn't reccomend using your regular shampoo. it's too thick, and will leave residue in your dreads, which could lead to dread rott (your hair will get reeeeal stanky) you can get speacial dread shampoo for this. anyways, the point is, if you want clean dreads DO YOUR RESEARCH. or you could go natural. i wantsd to get dreads, and i had it all planned out, but my mom ended up mentioning it to my dad one night (he's deployed in korea) and he said if i did it he'd shave my head bald T_T

5. eva avatar

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM, eva said:

You're welcome! Always here to share da knowledge.

6. ZackaryVS avatar

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM, ZackaryVS said:

Oh yeah I wasn't straightening and washing for dreadlocks I was just trying different styles. I was using dreadlocks as a last resort if I don't like these other styles. Thanks for the info though!

7. eva avatar

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM, eva said:

I was going to give myself dreads, since I have incredibly short hair already so shaving them off wouldn't be much of a change.

Do you brush your hair? If so, stop. Also, DO NOT use conditioner when you shower. And don't straighten it either. All that smoothes out the hair and takes out the knots, and you definitely want knots. The drier your hair, the better.

You know that shaving off your dreads isn't the only way to get rid of them right? You have to dip your head in a tub of deep conditioner and it undoes all the knots.

You're lucky there is a hair expert on here!