1. Old Fart avatar

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Old Fart said:

Okay kiddies, here goes...

While it's true that Bakersfield is in Kern county, CA, most of ya'll are probably way too young to remember a very lame '70's TV comedy that should've been cancelled after the first 2 seconds of broadcast called Hee Haw. That show had a short radio news sketch that broadcast from a fictional station with the call letters "KORN". Johanthon's dad, Rick Davis was Buck Owen's keyboard player and also later ran Buck's studio in Bakersfield. Buck Owens was one of key creators & co-hosts of that torturous one hour TV show, & I would imagine that Johnathon grew up with a fair amount of having to put up with his dad being connected with that.
    Studying the microphone with the "KORN" spelling on it was about all that could hold my attention during that show, as I was forced to endure many Saturdays of this poor programming until something better came along later in the evening.

2. EricaJones avatar

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM, EricaJones said:

I remember reading the story in one of their books and it was so nasty! :D

3. Kelleaf avatar

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Kelleaf said:

Duuuuuude, I was going to ask JD himself, but I had to get all girly and shy:( sorry bro.

4. Xusi avatar

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Xusi said:

Um ... I believe it derives from a party that JD attended in his youth. He gives a full account in an interview. It's not for the weak stomached ;D

5. kfan78 avatar

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM, kfan78 said:

hey you cheated lol!! you looked it up! I like my story better!! let's see which version theband likes better lol!!

6. MrCakeBubbles avatar

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM, MrCakeBubbles said:

here is something i found that will help. Korn achieved its name after a fan suggested the name "Corn". At first, the group rejected the idea, but later, with no alternate names, the group selected the name "Corn". Later, Shaffer suggested spelling their name with a "K" instead of a "C", and Shaffer came up with the idea to reverse the "R", so the band's name would appear as "Ko?n".[17] The logo was designed by lead vocalist Jonathan Davis.[1] Silveria explained, "the music makes the name, because Korn's a dumb name. But once we get established, it makes the name cool."[18]
    i found it on some site. im not sure if its true though

7. kfan78 avatar

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:08 PM, kfan78 said:

I can't remember 100% but here goes... The members of Korn are from Kern County in Bakersfield, Ca (45 min from me) and it's in the middle of no where just like the movie "Children of the corn" so if you take the work "corn" from the movie title and change the "C" to a "K" to represent Kern County= KORN lol
    I'm sure they have a simple version of this story but I hope this helps !