1. hylianux avatar

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:38 AM, hylianux said:

also, that one-off quote you used(which is clearly the attitude of blizzard, not me) cant possibly convince you that the entire article was about that. thats what you chose to focus on rather than actually reading and understanding the subject of the article: diablo 3 is watered down with too much greed from blizzard. THATS what the article was "basically" about.

2. hylianux avatar

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:23 AM, hylianux said:

second of all, the quote youre pointing out is my impression of blizzard's attitude towards its customer... not my personal opinion about anyone who hasnt played diablo 1, 2, or hell any other rpg for that matter. they're the ones trying to make money by luring the gaming-illiterate into their product. their way of doing so gives off that attitude to me.

WoW is the most successful RPG in the business, but it's not a good RPG experience. it was successful because anybody could pick it up and play it. the standard is dumbed down. is that a bad thing? only when it involves "helpful tips" and directions for everything on the maps. those features in and of themselves are not bad ideas, but turn them off by default. instead, they're turned on, almost expecting the gaming-illiterate to be playing it. they assume you've never played a video game before. i find it insulting.

3. hylianux avatar

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:23 AM, hylianux said:

alright, allow me to elaborate. not all WoW players, in my mind, are gamers. simply playing a video game does not make you a gamer, any more than watching star wars makes you a nerd or sitting in church makes you a christian.

or look at the thousands based on this meme >> http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/idiot-nerd-girl

yeah. they're "gamers" alright. Good luck striking up a good conversation with 'em... like how the official zelda timeline is still confusing, or that the legacy of kain series needs to complete their cliffhanger ending.

4. ZackaryVS avatar

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM, ZackaryVS said:

"Then you state "If you don't like it, don't play it and play another game." such sound advice..."

-Sorry for not being Dr. Phil, because helping people like you is definitely my career choice in the future. lol

5. ZackaryVS avatar

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM, ZackaryVS said:

Now I am amazed at your lack of understanding, and not even understanding what you wrote. lol

6. ZackaryVS avatar

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM, ZackaryVS said:

Also, "so that every non-gamer moron who played WoW" if you play video games, you are a gamer, no matter what game it is.

7. ZackaryVS avatar

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM, ZackaryVS said:

Quote:
    "Nowhere did I bash anyone that didn't play Diablo I and/or II, nor did I say that there was any glory in "playing it before it was cool.""

"we want you to put the all-too-fucking-familiar exclamation point over "quest givers'" heads, so that every non-gamer moron who played WoW will be able to see the familiarity to play the game rather than actually having to use their damn brain."

8. hylianux avatar

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM, hylianux said:

so to answer your question as to whether or not that was "pretty much what i was saying", no, that's not what i was saying.

what i WAS saying was that i think you should save your money, and that i felt cheated by blizzard.

9. hylianux avatar

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM, hylianux said:

I am amazed at your lacking in basic skills of reading comprehension. Nowhere did I bash anyone that didn't play Diablo I and/or II, nor did I say that there was any glory in "playing it before it was cool." In fact, I just reread my entire article, and can't even figure out how you were able to glean any of that whatsoever.

Then you state "If you don't like it, don't play it and play another game." such sound advice... I hadn't thought of that when I said "you're not getting my dollar ... i'm gonna go buy torchlight 2 when it comes out". you know, i can dish out advice about the obvious that people intend to do anyway, like "hey, if you're tired, go to sleep! and if you're hungry, go eat some food!"

10. ZackaryVS avatar

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:37 AM, ZackaryVS said:

And I agree with you that WoW is a crap game, but whatever makes people happy I guess.