Reason for ur username

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Whats the reason behind the username you've chosen? Some are obvious while others aren't so clear.

I took mine from the Bene Gesserit, female super-beings, in the Dune Chronicals by Frank Herbert. They are so cool! They can control every single mechanism in their bodies as well as other peoples minds.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

  "Humans live best when each has his place to stand, when each knows where he belongs in the scheme of things and what he may achieve. Destroy the place and you destroy the person."
        -Bene Gesserit Teaching

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: Reason for ur username

    Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM

    One of my multiple middle names is Meike, and I feel a lot of the times like I want to get away from myself or my life
    There is no sound more
    beautiful than the tenor
    of a troubled man

  2. Re: Reason for ur username

    Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM

    Dandelion is a childhood nickname. It was a corruption of how my family name is pronounced, and a description of my demeanor.
    ...

  3. Re: Reason for ur username

    Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM

    ADandelion wrote:
    Dandelion is a childhood nickname. It was a corruption of how my family name is pronounced, and a description of my demeanor.
    ...


    description of your demeanour? please explain.
    I have never heard dandelion ever used as a description.
    In some north italian dialects 'dandelion' is known as 'dog pisses'. Awesome.

    I just checked the dictionary to see if it can be used as an adjective, but it's purely a noun.
    noun
    1. a weedy composite plant, Taraxacum officinale, having edible, deeply toothed or notched leaves, golden-yellow flowers, and rounded clusters of white, hairy seeds.

    Are you suggesting that you are weedy or dog pisses?

  4. Re: Reason for ur username

    Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 3:38 AM

    Perhaps she is referring to the blithe nature of the seeds of Taraxacum officinale?

  5. RE: Reason for ur username

    Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:53 PM

    Well, those that know me here as Luke, know it's my middle name. M and C are the first and last name initials of my full name. Also, the rap name is Luke the MC. Ah ha!!!!
    mlukec

  6. Re: Reason for ur username

    Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM

    I chose Kornwish because my wish is to see Korn as many times as I can and to meet the guys. I've only seen them once and that was years ago. Now that my career is taking off I know I'll make my wish come true soon

  7. Re: Reason for ur username

    Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM

    misanthrope wrote:
    You're the one who judged it important enough to mention, ergo you're the one who has to qualify that statement. But just for future reference, and so you're not confused, I'll make it clear; I don't care what you Internet nobodies think about me. You are just pixels on a screen, and have no more standing than that.

    Have fun being an insignificance.


    No, I will not have fun being an insignificant, I am far from insignificant but nice try. I am also much more than pixels you see on your screen. I actually breathe, think, talk, listen and feel many feelings. What a surprise this must be for you! I thought you knew that people on the other side of the screen are actual humans and not insignificant nobody's that you would like to believe we all are. Just remember, it takes a mind, fingers to type, a body to go and work for the computers we are on (some of us who have computers) and thought to be able to type it all out to you so you then can state what insignificant nobody's we all are to you.

    I thought you were actually smart. I suppose we all must learn some time.


    "Sometimes, I hate, the life, I made
    everything's wrong every time"

  8. Re: Reason for ur username

    Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:52 AM

    d1rtytr@sh wrote:

    No, I will not have fun being an insignificant, I am far from insignificant but nice try. I am also much more than pixels you see on your screen. I actually breathe, think, talk, listen and feel many feelings. What a surprise this must be for you! I thought you knew that people on the other side of the screen are actual humans and not insignificant nobody's that you would like to believe we all are. Just remember, it takes a mind, fingers to type, a body to go and work for the computers we are on (some of us who have computers) and thought to be able to type it all out to you so you then can state what insignificant nobody's we all are to you.

    I thought you were actually smart. I suppose we all must learn some time.


    Look up the word pedant.

    Then realise that as far as I'm concerned you might as well be CleverBot. Except CleverBot actually says intelligent things sometimes.

  9. Re: Reason for ur username

    Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 8:16 AM

    I am indeed, weedy and dog pisses.

    I also pretend to be garden material, when I'm really not. And I taste fucking great in a tangerine salad.

    ...

  10. Re: Reason for ur username

    Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM

    I thought you were actually smart. I suppose we all must learn some time.

    Look up the word pedant.

    Then realise that as far as I'm concerned you might as well be CleverBot. Except CleverBot actually says intelligent things sometimes.


    No. I will not look it up and I will only realize what you say if -I- want to, not if YOU want me to.
    I am far from a BOT. Sorry to let you know, I am a human being and I can say intelligent things sometimes too although I am not like you and believe I know everything there is to know about everything.
    I'm happy for you that you made a friend though. Good for you. It does not surprise me that your new friend is a bot. Priceless.


    "Sometimes, I hate, the life, I made
    everything's wrong every time"

  11. Re: Reason for ur username

    Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

    I can only assume you have taken a crushing blow to the head at some point in the past.

  12. Re: Reason for ur username

    Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

    ADandelion wrote:


    I also pretend to be garden material, when I'm really not. And I taste fucking great in a tangerine salad.

    ...



    Ahaha, awesome.

  13. Re: Reason for ur username

    Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

    definition

    anomaly [əˈnɒməlɪ] - a person who is unusual

  14. Re: Reason for ur username

    Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:32 AM

    IDK
    _____________________________
    Dead Bodies Everywhere

  15. Moderator

    Re: Reason for ur username

    Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM

    It's my name.


  16. Re: Reason for ur username

    Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM

    Josie wrote:
    It's my name.



    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

    If you don't listen to the words you're only hearing half the music!

  17. Moderator

    Re: Reason for ur username

    Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:40 AM

    pfloydmaster wrote:
    Josie wrote:
    It's my name.



    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

    Best reason EVER!






  18. Re: Reason for ur username

    Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

    mine is g.marie. gmarie. first name initial and my middle name.

  19. cdu avatar cdu

    Re: Reason for ur username

    Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM

    Munky "C" Munky "DU"

  20. RE: Reason for ur username

    Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM

    Fairynuff cos I'm always saying fair enough and 1979 cos that's the year the world got better cos i was born.

    xxx

Get the latest from Korn!