what made u happy 2day

Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Did ur gf accept ur marriage proposal? Take a nice dump? Let us know !

I got called off work today! Yesss

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: what made u happy 2day

Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Happiness today: Being told by a road worker, "Just be careful not to fall down any holes." That was cool.

2. Re: what made u happy 2day

Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 3:28 AM

Happiness today: an awesome lecture at uni... with a deaf guest lecturer, signing and having an interpreter speak. Taught me a lot about seeing past peoples' disabilities, to the people themselves. Something a lot of us don't think about often enough.

3. Re: what made u happy 2day

Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Happiness today was coming home and winding down in time for the weekend.

4. Re: what made u happy 2day

Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 12:28 AM

That sounds nice. :)

Happiness today was listening to the rain outside, from my bedroom.

5. Re: what made u happy 2day

Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Happiness today was getting fist-bumped by a student I'm teaching over the next few weeks. I guess that's progress?

6. Re: what made u happy 2day

Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 1:25 AM

Happiness today was seeing tacky "mud, sweat and beers" sticker on a muddy ute (pickup truck). Very country.

7. Re: what made u happy 2day

Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM

It would indeed. It has beer in the title, it should suffice.

Happiness today was going home after teaching almost a full day of classes.

8. Re: what made u happy 2day

Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM

A nice way to spend the afternoon. Over here, we're enjoying the warmth while it lasts.

Happiness today was a development in my teaching placement. Yesterday, I gave an English class on context in writing. Our context for the unit is Environment and Landscape; how people relate to their surroundings. I had the students analyse some Australian songs that related to this context, and one student pointed out that there were no songs from Indigenous Australians included. I thought he had a really good point, so today, I did the class a solid by playing 'Treaty' by Yothu Yindi on the screen, and began the class that way. That kid deserves credit for calling me out on that, and I felt like I did the class a disservice. Today, I feel like I rectified that, and it feels good.

Teenagers are sharper than a lot of people give them credit for. I hope to teach them, but I also think I'm going to learn a lot from them.

9. Re: what made u happy 2day

Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:56 AM

Happiness today: getting halfway through my teaching placement.

10. Re: what made u happy 2day

Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:34 AM

Happiness today was a student calling me a buzzkill. Looks like I'm starting to get the hang of this whole teaching thing.

11. Re: what made u happy 2day

Sat, May 2, 2015 at 5:58 AM

Three times... what a buzzkill.

12. Re: what made u happy 2day

Tue, May 5, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Happiness today: getting a lift home. Free rides are awesome.

13. Re: what made u happy 2day

Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:32 AM

Happiness today: running into an old friend I hadn't seen in three years. A pleasant surprise.

14. Re: what made u happy 2day

Wed, May 13, 2015 at 5:58 AM

Happiness today: Finding out my questions were used in the Korn Booster Pack contest!

Follow The Path Of KoRn, Where Life Is On The Other Side Of The Mirror, Issues Are A Paradigm, And Untouchables Remember Who You Are Inside

15. Re: what made u happy 2day

Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:31 AM

Happiness today: receiving an awesome farewell card made and signed by the students in one of my classes (it was my second last day of my teaching placement; last day with this class):

"Dear Mr. Deveney,

Thank you for teaching us during this term. You have been a great teacher & we hope you become an even better one. Thanks for assisting us with reading [the novel] Trash & with our work. We hope you have a great future in teaching,

From 8F."

Day. Made.

16. Re: what made u happy 2day

Thu, May 14, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Kaji wrote:
    Happiness today: receiving an awesome farewell card made and signed by the students in one of my classes (it was my second last day of my teaching placement; last day with this class):

Aw that's awesome! Gotta love that kind of respect

Happiness today: Not waking up in a pool of sweat, and being able to eat substantially last night (don't ask)

Follow The Path Of KoRn, Where Life Is On The Other Side Of The Mirror, Issues Are A Paradigm, And Untouchables Remember Who You Are Inside

17. Re: what made u happy 2day

Fri, May 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM

It feels great to get that kind of feedback from the students themselves.

Happiness today: sleeping in after finishing my placement. It's over... until next semester.

18. Re: what made u happy 2day

Tue, May 19, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Happiness today: Finally getting my new phone, an LG Leon - my first smartphone!!

19. Re: what made u happy 2day

Tue, May 19, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Welcome to the mould of smartphone users. We have cake.

Happiness today: one of my classes finishing early. I do like an extended break.

20. Re: what made u happy 2day

Sat, May 23, 2015 at 6:04 AM

Kaji wrote:
    Welcome to the mould of smartphone users. We have cake.

Thanx dude, and now I can eat it too

Happiness today: Making good food: chicken, avocado and tomato on toast and omelette with garlic. Mmmmm