Fan Art

Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:39 AM

A friend suggested I post some of my drawings. I'd love to see what you've done as well!

My drawings were signed by the guys (inculding Sebastian) at a show this past March.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Fan Art

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Sussi wrote:
    Nice images Belle.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments!
    "I keep my friends close, and my enemies closer."

2. Re: Fan Art

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Well, I´ve been working on my portrait of JD and now I´m feeling quite pleased with it. I have drawn and redrawn everything several times. But it has been a lot of fun. And always with KoRn in my headphones :-)

Jonathan Davis take 3

3. Re: Fan Art

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Absolutely beautiful Sussi! Wonderful work!

4. Re: Fan Art

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Feronea wrote:
    Absolutely beautiful Sussi! Wonderful work!

Thank you so much! :-)

5. Re: Fan Art

Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Very nice work all!! Keep it up.

6. Re: Fan Art

Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I downloaded Painter 12 yesterday and made my first portrait of JD with it tonight. And I can tell you I love that program! In combination with photoshop it´s outstanding! I used photoshop to draw the hair and facial hair.

What do you guys think?

Jonathan Davis

7. Re: Fan Art

Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Very nice work! :-)

8. Re: Fan Art

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Was bored today!

9. Re: Fan Art

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Kornered wrote:

Was bored today!

Oh, wow! I love that eye Kornered. Amazing detail! You´re good!

10. Re: Fan Art

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM

@Kornered: incredible
    ~Demon to some. Angel to others~ (Hellraiser)

11. Re: Fan Art

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:58 AM

awesome

oktoberwolf wrote:
    Here's a few bits and pieces of mine too...although not finished yet:

Photobucket

Photobucket

a little possible tattoo design for myself:

Photobucket

I really need to do more, and have some ideas for portraits but I should get these finished first lol

oh and kick ass art work of yours too!!!

Oz ...be yourself, let you come through...

12. Re: Fan Art

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM

great artwork everyone. don't want to spam the thread by responding to every picture, but they are all great

13. Re: Fan Art

Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Kornered wrote:

Was bored today!

JD has very unique and interesting eyes, they are extremely hard to capture but you've done the job. I admire your work so much. Do you have any pointers when it comes to shading and finer details such as hair?

14. Re: Fan Art

Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Epic is the only word to describe those drawings!

I've got some work inspired by the songs of KoRn here http://facingtheplasticlife.deviantart.com/gallery/ :)

15. Re: Fan Art

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Twist wrote:
    Kornered wrote:

Was bored today!

JD has very unique and interesting eyes, they are extremely hard to capture but you've done the job. I admire your work so much. Do you have any pointers when it comes to shading and finer details such as hair?

Sorry Twist, I didn't see your comment...Thank you for the complement... you can always catch me on FB if you want to talk art or anything else. For Shading, I tend to build it up in layers and work the shading out into the image until I feel it forms the right effect. When it comes to shadows, many people will just black out the whole thing when they first start drawing.. but there are still shapes and light working in the shadows. I may use my eraser to bring them out or draw them in deeper. I would love to do tattoo work, but I erase too much!
    Hair is a pain to do... for JD's dreads... i kinda stylized them... cause they're hard to frizz up and still have some dimention, so I gave the suggestion of dreads rather than drawing each the way they appeared. One trick with drawing regular hair, is to not draw it much at all, except for a few fly away strands. Use light and dark shapes to give the flow and wave of the hair over the head. Like Ray's hair, I only drew in the shadow areas on the top and left the rest white. Hard to explain... I draw animals too, and you have to address hair... lots of it! maybe that would be a good way to practice... try horse manes... and dogs/cats with long coats. But, I think you did a heck of a great job on Fieldys hair in your drawing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/W-S-Hutchison-Studios/358153815399

I'm gonna toss up the JD drawing I submitted last year to his fan contest... I haven't done much drawing lately, other than farting around with a design I wan for a large tattoo. Maybe I should do a line of flashes.. ;) Keep practicing!

16. Re: Fan Art

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:30 AM

I was thrilled to be in the top 10, though I knew I would not be picked, it was an honor to be voted up there by fans and to know JD saw my work. So thanks again to everyone who voted on this one.

BTW: I'm Kornered, just forgot my info to log in so I did a new account.

17. Re: Fan Art

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Very nice pictures, all of you.
    What happens when you quote Eminem lyrics during Skype conversations: people congratulate you and ask when Bonnie is due.

Newsletter Signup