NU Metal Kings

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Okay... we all know KoRn are the mother fuckin undisputed kings of this metal sub-genre. I would love to see them take credit for that and try an bring someone back for that time period.

Coal Chamber is going to playing soundwave and be active again for the first time in like 10 years or something. Then tour south america/mexico after devildriver is done touring metalliance..

By that time im thinking that the dubstep thing isnt gonna be so fresh anymore and KoRn can throw us a heavy album again!

In support of that take COAL CHAMBER out on the road! too much nu metal for one tour, the bass would rattle the venue to the ground. And we can get the old school jump pit back, I mean blind just isnt the same live whithout it.
Look at you all I see, Is a man to afraid to really be

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: NU Metal Kings

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM

totally agree with korn365

Look at you all I see, Is a man to afraid to really be

2. Re: NU Metal Kings

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I don't see how it's sad. It's up to the band to define themselves however they want as musicians. Some of the members embraced the term, others (JD, for one) did not. In any case, I was under the impression they were widely credited for having pioneered the genre, if not being the first band to bring groove and aggression together.

They seem to have disassociated themselves from the scene, the way the Deftones did much earlier in their career. In any case, I doubt they'll want to relive the past... that is, until the coming album's inevitable attempt to 'get back to the roots'. As the OP said,

By that time im thinking that the dubstep thing isnt gonna be so fresh anymore and KoRn can throw us a heavy album again!

By the way, this is not a remark on how good of a touring match Korn and Coal Chamber would be. Just some thoughts on Korn's role in nu metal, since you brought it up.

I'm new to Coal Chamber, but have heard good things about them. Any recommendations for a starter album for the uninitiated?

3. Re: NU Metal Kings

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I think Limp Bizkit is probebly the second biggest nu metal band (in my opinion, well besides Disturbed), and i'd love to see Korn w/ Limp Bizkit, but Bizkit doesnt really tour anymore:(

4. Re: NU Metal Kings

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Just becuase KoRn were one of the main influences in the cliche Nu-Metal sound doesnt mean they have to stick to it, they lost the hiphop vibe and alot of the slap bass as early as issues, KoRn are most famous for changing their sounds and experimenting, you can pick up any album KoRn have made and not 1 sounds the same as the other, that has been the key to their sucsess
    in the sea of life, your just a minnow,
    you live your life, insecure,
    i feel the pain, of your needles,
    as they shit, into my brain..

5. Re: NU Metal Kings

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:15 PM

And yet oddly enough, their deterrents fault them for sounding the same ever album. I understand and somewhat agree with a lot of criticism against Korn, but I call bullshit against that point.

6. Re: NU Metal Kings

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM

The song structures and time signatures are usually the same, with exceptions like "Faget" and "Deep Inside," but to say all of their albums sound the same is ludicrous. Those people aren't really listening... perhaps too busy shoving bananas and syrup up their butts. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

7. Re: NU Metal Kings

Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Heeeey, don't compare close-minded people to people who enjoy being sodomized by syrup-covered bananas. It's unfair to the latter.

8. Re: NU Metal Kings

Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM

stuff like nu metal & grunge aren't really genre's. bands like korn, deftones etc are just slightly heavier alt rock bands so they are alt metal

9. Re: NU Metal Kings

Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
    Heeeey, don't compare close-minded people to people who enjoy being sodomized by syrup-covered bananas. It's unfair to the latter.

²

Newsletter Signup