Warfield (SF)

Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Two questions...

1) What does one do with the guitar in that VIP package? (Let's assume putting it in the car isn't an option, but if it is, then re-entry wouldn't be a problem?)

2) Any other problems/solutions those who have attended via VIP can add? No one likes a crushed autographed poster/litho!

It's the only option I can think of since I suspect there is no VIP locker to make the most of that $600 investment (Guitar VIP + Ticket)

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM

The regular VIP was ~ 130 and included the meet & greet, which included signed poster and setlist (there in front of you), and if allowed photo ops (JD didn't allow pics that night).

Every other VIP was $350+ and included being on stage (to the side) for a few songs

This is where it differs

$350
    Drum VIP, includes drum session one-on-one
    Gaming VIP, includes gaming with JD in the bus after the concert one-on-one
    Listening VIP, includes (I *think*) listening to tunes with JD? up to 4-on-one

$550
    Guitar VIP, includes guitar with Korn insignia, signed by the band

None of the above counted concert ticket prices.

2. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Mega_SF wrote:

Totally stoked to be able to go. Last time I saw Korn was at the Big Day Out in Adelaide, Australia in 1999.

Wow, what a long time ago! Glad you enjoyed it.

3. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Mega_SF wrote:
    The regular VIP was ~ 130 and included the meet & greet, which included signed poster and setlist (there in front of you), and if allowed photo ops (JD didn't allow pics that night).

Every other VIP was $350+ and included being on stage (to the side) for a few songs

This is where it differs

$350
    Drum VIP, includes drum session one-on-one
    Gaming VIP, includes gaming with JD in the bus after the concert one-on-one
    Listening VIP, includes (I *think*) listening to tunes with JD? up to 4-on-one

$550
    Guitar VIP, includes guitar with Korn insignia, signed by the band

None of the above counted concert ticket prices.

Thanks. The regular VIP seemed like a good deal, I would have been 50/50 for it. I'll watch out for it next time.

Drum session sounds fun too, I would hope it would be about 45 minutes, but they probably can't do that for everyone. It's probably about 20 minutes per person.

4. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Mega_SF wrote:
    The show was a lot of fun. And to update anyone who is curious about the guitar, I received mine at the show (I had read about people not getting them at the show and waiting for them to be sent out). It had no scratches or chips out of it. We (only 2 of us did Guitar VIP) received the guitar after the show. I walked it to the BART afterwards, and survived.

Was the guitar in a case, or were you carrying it by itself?

5. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Guitar is without case.

And there is only one drumming session for one person. I heard it goes for about half an hour, but I don't know for sure. in SF it was at about 4:30. You get a cell phone number to call and be sworn to never give it out.

6. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Anybody know when we are supposed to get our download of the audio from the show?

7. RE: Warfield (SF)

Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I hope they do soon, or at all. The don't release every show it seems. I've been waiting for them to release the audio for the show in Medford, OR I went to in June 2010, but it's still not released. But it was the end of that leg of the tour, so hopefully it will be released, and soon.

8. RE: Warfield (SF)

Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM

So, here's the guitar, well part of it...fingerprints and all...

9. 9er avatar 9er

RE: Warfield (SF)

Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:52 PM

That guitar is str8 sickness! Do you sleep with it or what?

It just fuels the comedy

Newsletter Signup