Warfield (SF)

Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Two questions...

1) What does one do with the guitar in that VIP package? (Let's assume putting it in the car isn't an option, but if it is, then re-entry wouldn't be a problem?)

2) Any other problems/solutions those who have attended via VIP can add? No one likes a crushed autographed poster/litho!

It's the only option I can think of since I suspect there is no VIP locker to make the most of that $600 investment (Guitar VIP + Ticket)

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM

The day has arrived!

2. 9er avatar 9er

RE: Warfield (SF)

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Sitting in the lot sip'n vodka rockstar - it's so predictable - 9th korn show, 4th solo - see you all on the floor - and good luck at work 2morrow -

Y'all want a single?

3. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM

George! Where you at, buddy? I tried doing a user search, but couldn't find you. Hit me up!

4. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM

The show absolutely insane! I absolutely enjoyed myself and so did my family!! The boys did an amazing job as usual!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

5. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I had a blast! was great seeing Korn at the Warfield.
    give details later, but had a blast. Love Korn always. Always amazing live.
    Glad everyone else had fun.

6. 9er avatar 9er

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM

This was the 9th Korn show I've been to. It was by far the best! The venue was insane! The Warfield's max capacity is 2,555. The energy from the crowd was amazing. Props to the pit and the whole floor; INCREDIBLE! I still can't believe I was there. I can't help but keep wondering why Korn played to such a small audience. God I hope it happens again.

7. RE: Warfield (SF)

Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Wish I could relive it!!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

8. RE: Warfield (SF)

Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Tammie wrote:
    Wish I could relive it!!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

Truth!

I had so much going on, I almost didn't get to enjoy it the way I should have. Hopefully, once we get our recordings of the show, I can really appreciate it.

9. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Was at the show.

It was all right, but too short. They only played for a little under 1 hour, 25 minutes, and had a 16 item setlist. It felt like the bare minimum. I was disappointed.

In 2006 in San Jose, they had a 21 item setlist and played for 1 hour, 50 minutes.

I did like how their setlist was organized though, that was neat.

10. 9er avatar 9er

Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Where did they play in San Jose? I'm sure it was a much larger venue. Were you on the floor or what? I've been to 9 shows starting from 2000 on. I'm think'n this was the best.

11. RE: Warfield (SF)

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

It rates up there as one of my favorite shows as well! My first time at the Warfield and I admit when I walked onto that floor, I was scared shitless! The smallest floor I've ever seen! Thought I'd be killed, but it was freakin fantastic!!! My feet are still sore from dancing ;)
    "DEAL WITH IT"

12. 9er avatar 9er

Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Here is the one that closed out the show. This video is great quality (as far as boot leg concert videos go).

Alright - copy, pate and enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7yDV-U7mPQ

I've watched it about 15 times now. I think this vid does a great job of summing up the night. Last song of the night and the crowd is more amped than ever. Not that anyone but me cares, but you can catch a glimpse of me at 2:16 just to the left of the big head with a black hat. I turn and face the camera singing along with devil horns in the air, "what if I should die."

KOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!

13. RE: Warfield (SF)

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Were you on the floor? I was to the right, (Munks side) looking at the stage. Way in the corner by the trash can lmfao!!! I had my family with me. My son sat on the trash can cuz the pit kept trying to push us up against the wall, or balcony, behind us, and my husband kept pushing them back over hahahah!!! It was fun times for sure!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

14. 9er avatar 9er

Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Yes - I'm always on the floor. Every Korn show I've been to. One time in Oakland at the Oracle arena I didn't have general admission floor tickets and was suppose to sit upstairs. I paid the usher $40 and he let me slip in. It was classic. How old is your kid? I've got two, girls is five and boy is three. I couldn't imagine there. I think it's cool you brought yours.

I Like my life insane

15. RE: Warfield (SF)

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM

HA! My son is almost 12 and my daughter is 20 llol!!! They've been to a few shows with us. Nice to make it a family affair
    "DEAL WITH IT"

16. RE: Warfield (SF)

Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM

The show was a lot of fun. And to update anyone who is curious about the guitar, I received mine at the show (I had read about people not getting them at the show and waiting for them to be sent out). It had no scratches or chips out of it. We (only 2 of us did Guitar VIP) received the guitar after the show. I walked it to the BART afterwards, and survived.

The signed poster/setlist was in front of us pre-show. I put mine in the coat area. Much better than carrying it around getting it smashed up and it cost me only 2-bucks to do that.

It was quite clear in SF that people still weren't understanding the dubstep in the opening acts stuff. However when it got to Korn, well, it's not the same sound as traditional dubstep. The tempo is much different. I think the fans weren't sure what to do with the very very slow pace that dubstep has, but lets face it, the demographic is more into head banging/moshing. People questioned the use of a smaller venue...to me it felt smaller when it was completely empty compared to when filled with people.

For me though, the end (as seen at the end of the Blind video) it felt like it might have been a bit of a farewell tour (and if not, an appreciation tour because we were willing to see their experimentation with musical styles. Anyone else get that feeling? Perhaps my opinion also comes with the amount of interaction band members had with their kids between songs. I don't know if they usually travel with the band or not (since this is California, it made sense they might go to the gigs closer to home, and this was the last one before heading OS).

17. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 5:58 PM

9er wrote:
    Where did they play in San Jose? I'm sure it was a much larger venue. Were you on the floor or what? I've been to 9 shows starting from 2000 on. I'm think'n this was the best.

They played at the San Jose State University Events Center. That's the basketball gym. I was on the floor both at San Jose, and at the Warfield.

The floor area at the SJSU Events Center is bigger, but the arena crew purposely space you out a little more, they use masking tape to indicate how much space a person should have. It's not a lot of space, still probably about 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet, but people are spaced out a little bit more before the show starts.

I just expected a longer setlist, especially considering the previous experience.

This is the setlist I had in 2006:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/korn/2006/san-jose-state-event-center-arena-san-jose-ca-3d24963.html

It's On!
    Clown
    Divine
    Love Song
    Falling Away From Me
    Souvenir
    Here to Stay
    Dirty
    Liar
    Counting on Me
    Somebody Someone
    Throw Me Away
    Shoots and Ladders / Need To / Lies / Make Me Bad / Thoughtless / A.D.I.D.A.S.
    Twist
    Coming Undone
    Got the Life
    Tearjerker

Encore:

Twisted Transistor
    Hypocrites
    Freak on a Leash
    Blind

18. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Tammie wrote:
    HA! My son is almost 12 and my daughter is 20 llol!!! They've been to a few shows with us. Nice to make it a family affair
    "DEAL WITH IT"

That's really cool.

19. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Mega_SF wrote:
    The show was a lot of fun. And to update anyone who is curious about the guitar, I received mine at the show (I had read about people not getting them at the show and waiting for them to be sent out). It had no scratches or chips out of it. We (only 2 of us did Guitar VIP) received the guitar after the show. I walked it to the BART afterwards, and survived.

The signed poster/setlist was in front of us pre-show. I put mine in the coat area. Much better than carrying it around getting it smashed up and it cost me only 2-bucks to do that.

It was quite clear in SF that people still weren't understanding the dubstep in the opening acts stuff. However when it got to Korn, well, it's not the same sound as traditional dubstep. The tempo is much different. I think the fans weren't sure what to do with the very very slow pace that dubstep has, but lets face it, the demographic is more into head banging/moshing. People questioned the use of a smaller venue...to me it felt smaller when it was completely empty compared to when filled with people.

For me though, the end (as seen at the end of the Blind video) it felt like it might have been a bit of a farewell tour (and if not, an appreciation tour because we were willing to see their experimentation with musical styles. Anyone else get that feeling? Perhaps my opinion also comes with the amount of interaction band members had with their kids between songs. I don't know if they usually travel with the band or not (since this is California, it made sense they might go to the gigs closer to home, and this was the last one before heading OS).

I thought the venue was fine. I've been to the Warfield for a ton of concerts, it's usually good.

I hope it's not a farewell tour.

Question: What did the different VIP packages include, and how much were they?

20. RE: Warfield (SF)

Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Mega_SF wrote:

It was quite clear in SF that people still weren't understanding the dubstep in the opening acts stuff. However when it got to Korn, well, it's not the same sound as traditional dubstep. The tempo is much different. I think the fans weren't sure what to do with the very very slow pace that dubstep has, but lets face it, the demographic is more into head banging/moshing.

I thought the dubstep was better live than I expected. I liked the pace.

Get the latest from Korn!