Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:31 PM

OMG...Korn are playing NYC a week before MY BERFDAY!!! 4/Nov/11

I'm going to make my travel arrangement to try and hit this show! ;)

Below are details on the contest for a trip to see Korn at the Roseland Ballroom!!

Your text to link here...
Josie

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 3:11 PM

deadsy666 wrote:
    What's the guitar like ?

Dunno yet. I have that package for tomorrow night. I just heard from them it is a 6 string (surprised not a 7 string but then again I could use another 6 string LOL)

I just again hope it is not like painted on autographs and they really sign it. Just wondering because u get the guitar at the end. So like do they sign them ahead of time or after the show?? The setlists and posters were signed on the spot at the M&G. So I wonder what the deal is. They sign them before the show or you meet them again after (doubt it) and they sign it. We'll see. Hoping for the best.
    www.seanydiesel.com
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

2. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 9:32 PM

sean106ESP wrote:
    deadsy666 wrote:
    What's the guitar like ?

Dunno yet. I have that package for tomorrow night. I just heard from them it is a 6 string (surprised not a 7 string but then again I could use another 6 string LOL)

I just again hope it is not like painted on autographs and they really sign it. Just wondering because u get the guitar at the end. So like do they sign them ahead of time or after the show?? The setlists and posters were signed on the spot at the M&G. So I wonder what the deal is. They sign them before the show or you meet them again after (doubt it) and they sign it. We'll see. Hoping for the best.
    www.seanydiesel.com

I saw the guitars last night. They are awesome (in my opinion) all black says korn in the bottom and they are presigned in gold. def actually signatures bc the one i saw had a silver munky signature then gold over it.

I did the listening session last night i was effing awesome!

3. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 10:33 PM

LisaCCN wrote:
    sean106ESP wrote:
    deadsy666 wrote:
    What's the guitar like ?

www.seanydiesel.com

I saw the guitars last night. They are awesome (in my opinion) all black says korn in the bottom and they are presigned in gold. def actually signatures bc the one i saw had a silver munky signature then gold over it.

Wheeewwww u just cured my anxiety about the guitar LOL. That is awesome. Did they come with gig bag or case?

How was the listening session?

www.seanydiesel.com

4. Moderator

Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Sean there is no case of bag with the guitars. I don't think they are "real" though...Sebastien was carrying 4 of them all with just his hands...so I think they are SUPER light.

5. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:28 AM

Josie wrote:
    Sean there is no case of bag with the guitars. I don't think they are "real" though...Sebastien was carrying 4 of them all with just his hands...so I think they are SUPER light.

Nice either way. Yeah Ibby 6 string guitars tend to be light as they "usually" use bass wood. So hope they are real or that would be kinda lame, but Vanessa from GC said they were real 6 string guitars. So we'll see. The package said they were an official Ibanez guitars so i (hoping) can't imagine they would be fake. How do ya make a fake guitar/ LOL

Too bad they were not giving 7 string guitars that would be bad ass. Was he giving them out did u see at the M&G? I know u had the back stage pass and not M&G (Jealous!) but curious. Thanks!

Safe flight back to AK!
    www.seanydiesel.com

6. Moderator

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I saw them handed out after the show...helps so you don't have to carry it around with you!

7. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Hey just asked Sebastian and he said they are indeed real 6 string guitars legit signed by the band.

Can't wait the 3 songs we get to see from the side are the openers! But loose our spots at the barricade. No biggy. Small venue for sure and got seats stage level. Should be killer.

www.seanydiesel.com

8. Moderator

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Awesome Sean!!! I'd still like to see a photo posted...that would be nice! You'll love watching from stage right!! Have fun!!

9. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM

sean106ESP wrote:
    LisaCCN wrote:
    sean106ESP wrote:
    deadsy666 wrote:
    What's the guitar like ?

The Listening Session was amazing. We got a lil added bonus and got to hang at this VIP after party for a bit and get a pic with the entire band. Then we went on the tour bus and just hung with Jonathan. He played 3 songs for us and we got to chat with him and take pics with him after. Sebastian took pics with our cameras/phones of us on the bus.. "candid shots"
    I'd do it again in a heart beat. Hope you enjoy your guitar and side of stage songs (awesome! but wish they'd let us take pics!!)
    www.seanydiesel.com

Wheeewwww u just cured my anxiety about the guitar LOL. That is awesome. Did they come with gig bag or case?

How was the listening session?

www.seanydiesel.com

Fan Uv KoRn

10. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I loved the show and they totally rocked (as when I saw them in Rome last summer), but I have to say I was disappointed in the length of the show and the lack of encore. In Rome they played longer and did an encore of at least one song if not more..that might've been when they did the medley. Anyway, I also found people just left after they said goodbye, when at most concerts the fans stick around and yell for more,...this did not happen. Was anyone else slightly disappointed?

11. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:33 AM

I did wonder why they did not do an encore but, this show reminded me of the Ballroom Blitz accept for the fact that the first 3 bands went on back to back .

jessNYC_Roma wrote:
    I loved the show and they totally rocked (as when I saw them in Rome last summer), but I have to say I was disappointed in the length of the show and the lack of encore. In Rome they played longer and did an encore of at least one song if not more..that might've been when they did the medley. Anyway, I also found people just left after they said goodbye, when at most concerts the fans stick around and yell for more,...this did not happen. Was anyone else slightly disappointed?

Does it make me bad??

12. Re: Korn in NY at Roseland Ballroom

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM

KORN365 wrote:
    I did wonder why they did not do an encore but, this show reminded me of the Ballroom Blitz accept for the fact that the first 3 bands went on back to back .
    jessNYC_Roma wrote:

Does it make me bad??

Shoots & Ladders/One
    Got The Life and Blind were the encore songs.
    As part of the VIP package we got the set list and those were listed as the encore songs. They just didnt make us work hard for the encore haha :) Still an awesome show none the less!
    Fan Uv KoRn

13. Moderator

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 8:06 AM

They always have the songs on the set list for an encore. The show was AMAZING! I wish I had been able to meet you korn365!

Get the latest from Korn!