What EXACTLY is an after party?

Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 8:35 PM

So Korn has VIP after party tickets for sale.

What does this entail, and when does it occur?

I assume they'll just come out and sign stuff meet and greet style, and leave.

But why are they selling after party passes, and meet and greet passes?

What's so special about the after party? Just a bunch of fans drinking in a special spot?

Also, will it be happening right after their set? Meaning we'd have to miss Avenged Sevenfold?

This is typically how it happens with other band/concerts, so just wondering....

Details are always so vague with these M&G's. I assume nobody here will have the answer either :/

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: What EXACTLY is an after party?

Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Not sure but it should be after a7x is off stage since we paid money to see them 2

2. Re: What EXACTLY is an after party?

Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Yeah, would've been nice to hangout with the boys. Lots of people had left after KoRn, maybe they had come a long ways???
    Please! You're no 4A! It's a type of brilliance like none other.

Much Love 4A!

Daddy, when I grow up, I wonna be a topless dancer, so I can make lots of cash......Huh What!

3. Re: What EXACTLY is an after party?

Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:18 PM

This is all the info I have in an article written in loudwire.com

I noticed you guys are doing the ‘Korn After Party’ on Mayhem this year.

Yeah, we can’t do it tonight, but we’re going to start doing these after parties and I think I’m going to be DJing and we’re all going to hang out and I think I might do an old-school funk fest. This is going to be me DJing playing Brothers Johnson. All those old, cool songs and making it a party. So everyone just wilds out and just has a good time, funk out.

Either way it should be EPIC....$150.00 why not...Im so down

Read More: Korn's Jonathan Davis Talks 2014 Mayhem Festival + More | http://loudwire.com/korn-jonathan-davis-2014-mayhem-festival-fans-hater-more/?trackback=tsmclip
    "I Am who I am, Theres nothing I can do!"

4. H13 avatar H13

RE: What EXACTLY is an after party?

Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I got a ticket for the "After Party + M & G" (price was over $150 but for After Party only was $40) and ... hmmm ... a little bit disappointed. But this is what had happened: my expectation from a M&G is to get a picture with the band plus signatures from them, but this time I got just the picture + a bag with few things, one of them being a picture with them ... NO signatures but when I bought the ticket it mentioned that includes"Autographed 8x10 by select members of KoRn". For this I paid over $150. JD was not present, somebody told us why and I accepted the reason and was ok. At the "After Party" we met and took pictures with each member and got our things signed but Munky left without saying neither "good bye" or "FY" and also I didn't get his signature. Conclusion: I didn't get everything I paid for and also respect from Munky .... which may sound "c'mon ... " but I expect some respect at least when I offer it. No matter how big or small star you are please show respect to your fans. Same kind of message I want to send also to who ever organizes the M&G: if we, the fans, don't get what they pay for then it won't be a next time so the "crack" between fans and the band will get bigger ... and bigger; let the bands stay as long as needed to make all fans happy (customer satisfaction).

Newsletter Signup