Best Korn Show ever

Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:40 AM

What would you say is your favorite Korn show ever. This may be a tired topic but I am totally psyched for their upcoming tour which starts conveniently in Reno.

In 2000, they played at the Idaho Center in Nampa, Idaho with guests Powerman 5000 and Papa Roach. It was the Issues Tour.

I have been to at least a 120 shows and this one will probably always reign supreme. This is quite the honor considering that I have seen Tool, NIN, Mastodon, U2, Rush, and Metallica amongst many others.

First, Korn was on stage for nearly 3 hours. The intermission was very short and there was not a lot of talking to the crowd. Some would not value this but I was impressed with their endurance.
Second, it sounded absolutely amazing. I was worried that the growls and rapping would sound bad in the live setting. I could understand it with almost perfect clarity.

Finally, the gold star comes from the fact that I heard songs at that show that I may never hear again. They played every song from the Life is Peachy album except for Low Rider. They played the self-titled album except for Daddy and Need to. I am not the biggest fan of the first album but the fact that they did not play a greatest hits set was impressive. In short, the length of the show and the courage to play non-radio tracks made this show special.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Best Korn Show ever

Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I'll never forget the first time I got the chance to see them. It was April 18th, 1995. My friends and I went to the Newport Music Hall in Columbus Ohio to see Danzig. No opening acts were even listed. Next thing we know, this guy in a kilt comes out on stage with bagpipes and blew the place up. I don't think anyone in the place had ever heard of them, but they sure as hell knew who they were after that set. Funny thing is, the act after them was pretty much unheard of as well, Marilyn Manson.

Get the latest from Korn!