Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Hey there, long time KoRn fan, I was lucky enough to have the money to afford the 1 on 1 gaming session with JD. I'm super excited. I just wanted to know how everything went down, leading up to that, and during the final event with JD. Have any of you guys done it before, and what was your experience like? Do you really get a chance to talk at all, or is in kind of a rushed get in, get out situation?

As far as Pre-show meet and greet goes, I understand that you generally show up early (1hr I'm guessing?) you get a poster / cd / lanyard and the works, and you go up to the railing by the stage and just go through. Who will contact me to let me know the proper time to show up for the meet and greet? Is there a limit to the stuff we can bring with us as far as getting stuff signed? Obviously you don't want to go overboard. What about the other bands (In this case Rob Zombie), do they show up as well or is it normally just KoRn?

It mentions that for 3 songs you can stand on the side of the stage which sounds awesome, but I'm assuming that means losing the front of the pit spots from pre-entry? Do we chose which 3 songs we want to go for, or is it specific songs and everyone apart of it has to go at the same time?

How does the backstage access work? I'm sure its extremely limited. Is it going to be restricted entirely to me going from entry straight to my personal event, or are we free to roam a bit and talk with people?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, I just am not used to getting into things like this at big concerts. I live in a state that doesn't get bands like this very often so I'm used to smaller bands, that usually just meet and greet after concert for free haha, though I don't mind paying extra!

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I will tell you how it worked when I went, I had the listening session but also got to see the how the gaming session went down, You will be asked to wait around half an hour before the show at the main entrance of your gig, then when you are called you give I.D to Seb who will then present you with your setlist, poster, lanyard etc, then you will have the chance to grab merch early then line up along the barrier in front of the stage, then every Korn member will come out and move along the line, each takling time to take a photo and chat except J.D who seems pretty talkative but will probably not take a photo, Then you are advised to meet Seb again at the front of the building again at a certain time before Korns set is about to start then you are led to the backstage area where you will wait til Korn are about to come on and postioned at the side of the stage, then you will watch Korn and their first 3 songs, then led of stage back into the main arena to enjoy the rest of the set as normal. Obviously you will lose your place at the front but in my opinion you get a better spot for those 3 songs then you will ever get at the front. After the gig yiou are asked to wait at the front of the building for Seb once again and once the place has quietened down you are led to near the tour bus and presented with some pizza, well needed btw, and then brought onto the tour bus where Jon will meet you, at my session the gamer was also allowed to sit through aswell so I have no idea if you will be also but during this time J.D answers questions has a good chat, poses with photos, genuinely makes you feel comfortable and not so starstruck or nervous. Then once the listening session is over you are left with J.D all to yourself.

Hope this helps

Enjoy!

2. RE: Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

awesome. Thanks for the info. So far I'm the only person in my location to buy ANY of the special events, if it stays that way, I wonder if maybe I'll get hooked up with something special haha. Yeah I'll be starstruck regardless thats for sure. I'm running through things to talk about in my head now and I have clue what so ever. lol.

3. Re: Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Happy for you, man, that's a dream for me.
    Enjoy it and don't forget to do a review for us :)
    happy meet and greet for u man

4. RE: Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Thanks man. One day you will get a chance too I'm sure of it.

5. RE: Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I also bought the Gaming Package. Does anyone know what game we will play? I saw him destroy someone on an Xbox game once and I want to practice first. lol

6. Re: Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM

There will probably be a small selection, I remember seeing a row of Xbox games on the our bus but not many

7. Re: Questions about Double Platinum VIP

Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Guy in line told me about it and said it was great. I might opt for this if they offer it again, its fun to just talk casually- but I'm also a huge gamer so it would be fun to face off in something too.

Get the latest from Korn!