a suggestion to help people posting on the forums here

Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I'm a member of website that has various online forums and whenever someone "quotes" you or leaves a reply in a forum you started, you get a little icon on the top of the page that tells you that you have " (however many) Notifications ". You click on it and it brings you to your home page where you can see the notification such as someone replying to your topic. I think it'd be a whole lot more helpful to people if the little account bar on the left of this website displayed notifications such as "you have a reply to _______ thread that you started" or "you've been quoted on _______" . Something like that would make it easier to keep up with all the topics you post on if you post a lot in the forums.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: a suggestion to help people posting on the forums here

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:59 PM

good idea
    ~Demon to some. Angel to others~ (Hellraiser)

2. Moderator

Re: a suggestion to help people posting on the forums here

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 4:32 PM

That would be cool. I'm adding it to the wish list for forum features that our developers have. Our forum layout is always changing and evolving, and this would be a cool feature to have in the future. Thanks for the suggestion!

3. Re: a suggestion to help people posting on the forums here

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I think that's a feature of vBulletin forums and if so, that would be a hard thing to implement. Not hard, but time consuming.
    Site Administrator for Kornspace.com

Get the latest from Korn!