Daily moderator of the chat

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM

To whom it may concern:
I've been banned from Korn.com's chat, for no apparent reason. I got on for 5 seconds, earlier today and left, without saying a word. I did notice the moderator star next to the user name ISSUES, whom claims to be 12 years of age. I tried to log back on about an hour ago and immediately got a pop up that stated I was banned. Could someone please get a little more control over whom is in charge of things around here? Especially by someone under the age of 18, which is questionable in the fact that some that are 20 years older, can behave the same way. It's fine if people goof off and mess around with banning and joking, to let the person right back on, but if they have no legitimate reason, but to be an ASS, then further action should be taken.
Thank you,
Tammie
"DEAL WITH IT"

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM

I read that was a problem with tinychat. That's why I suggested the website get it's own chat system. For all we know they could be working on one and are just using the tinychat thing for now. I don't know though. If the website had it's own chat system, they could make it so when you ignore a user, you ignore them pretty much completely. I'm a member of a website with it's own bunches of forums and stuff, and when you put a user on your ignore list, they can't IM, send you messages, or reply in your forums. They can still look at your profile or your threads in the forums, they just can't bother or reply to you. A in house chat system could allow us users to ignore inappropriate users like that: denying them to chat with us directly, denying them the ability to post in our threads, denying them the ability to send us private messages, and would hide what they type in a chat. ^_^

Josie wrote:
    grim_paladin wrote:
    maybe this site shouldn't do the tiny chat thing. If anything the site should have it's own chat system with its own chat rooms. If someone is doing something you find offensive, you should have the ability to "silence" or "ignore" them - that is the ability to make it so you do not see what they are posting. To me, that would make more sense to have and be more practical so incidents like what happened with you do not occur.

You can ignore a person...the problem is they can exit the room and come back and you have to ignore them again. Some people will just keep doing that over and over again just to be annoying. It makes it much more difficult to actually ignore.

Josie

2. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM

You will never win against "public" chats, even though this is for fan clubs members. It is what it is. I will just walk away from stupidity, when I'm not in the mood for it
    "DEAL WITH IT"

3. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Being Mod Isn't To Be Mess Around With Even If Issues Is A Mod He Should Not Be Playing Around With Banned

4. RE: Daily moderator of the chat

Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM

That's just what they do, apparently. Doesn't matter who has the admin star, they all abuse it for personal reasons when mad ;)

5. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM

ehhh the chat on here sucks. I don't care about it. I only care if one of the boys from the band come on. I've met some cool peeps, but this part of the fan club will always fail. It has for years. Nothing you can do about it.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

6. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I LOVE YODA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

7. Moderator

Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 8:50 AM

rav0k wrote:
    People are being banned for telling offensive jokes, yet there are a handful of people who are continuing to log in to Korn chat every night and start extremely sexual topics. This doesn't even include the literal camgirls who are wearing provocative outfits on webcam and most likely working on obtaining some business in the near future from the fanbase on Korn.com. What is currently being considered offensive in chat is based on a personal perspective, not a regional one.

We need people (not just one, whom is doing a great job I must say) to enforce some guidelines that incorporate everyone, that is, if the Korn chat is ever expected to be cleaned up. This means having a more severe restriction on the blatant harassment, the sexual harassment (i.e. "Grab your boobs on cam for us!"), Spam, etc.

I would be willing to tackle the responsibility myself, even if that means having to take down people I know in the process. There are some great people that I have met in this simple little chat room, but the negativity is making things very unwelcoming. Yes, Korn has adult themed lyrics, but the lyrics are not encouraging people to get on a webcam and do adult things in front of the younger fans.

That's my 2 cents.

Unfortunately I can't be there at all times. And no ones been banned for "offensive jokes". I have banned exactly 3 people. And none were for "jokes". Each of them asked a child to take off their shirt. One of them continued (anuspie) by making racist comments about putting Jewish children in a stove. I don't mind being more strict. I can do that...but only based on the Terms & Conditions of Ground CTRL and the Terms of Service on tinychat. When I see it, I take care of it. But if I'm away or not available I can only talk to the person when they come back on, which I do regularly. If we need to be more strict, that can be done. It's our chatroom environment, so we can set the tone.
    Josie

8. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM

People are being banned for telling offensive jokes, yet there are a handful of people who are continuing to log in to Korn chat every night and start extremely sexual topics. This doesn't even include the literal camgirls who are wearing provocative outfits on webcam and most likely working on obtaining some business in the near future from the fanbase on Korn.com. What is currently being considered offensive in chat is based on a personal perspective, not a regional one.

We need people (not just one, whom is doing a great job I must say) to enforce some guidelines that incorporate everyone, that is, if the Korn chat is ever expected to be cleaned up. This means having a more severe restriction on the blatant harassment, the sexual harassment (i.e. "Grab your boobs on cam for us!"), Spam, etc.

I would be willing to tackle the responsibility myself, even if that means having to take down people I know in the process. There are some great people that I have met in this simple little chat room, but the negativity is making things very unwelcoming. Yes, Korn has adult themed lyrics, but the lyrics are not encouraging people to get on a webcam and do adult things in front of the younger fans.

That's my 2 cents.

Wow. That was a shitty back handed compliment. You do understand if there are going to be strict guidelines, you too, will have to adhere by them, right?
    -----------------------------------------

9. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM

anus_pie wrote:
    That's just what they do, apparently. Doesn't matter who has the admin star, they all abuse it for personal reasons when mad ;)

That is bullshit, Kev. You earned that ban and you know it.

-----------------------------------------

10. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:40 PM

The likelihood of 'fixing' chat is low. I know I for one love the offensive humor on there, and I can't say I'd condone it. That being said, I'm a minor and can completely understand how Josie, or any mod, would feel the need to shut that kind of talk down.

What seems to be the best solution is moderation based not off of content, but off of public mood. The same kind of speech that's offensive and ban-worthy in one situation (ex: when directed maliciously at children) can be completely acceptable in another. There's a fine line there, and the banning runs the risk of becoming dogmatic if we implement concrete guidelines.

My proposed solution: leave things as they are. If chat bothers someone that much, they can leave, make their own tinychat, talk through PM/forums, etc. When someone really deserves a ban, it's pretty obvious, and Josie seems to be dealing with that just fine.

11. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Trying to figure out how one can be laid over chat...

12. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Funniest thing I've read in my whole life! LOL yes....ma who life...laugh damn you all!!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

13. Re: Daily moderator of the chat

Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I love you. Just sayin'.

Newsletter Signup