Lost All Respect For Jon

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:40 PM

It was drawn to my attention that Jon Davis made a statement saying "'Get Up' is about the recession. I wish everyone would shut the fuck up and have some fun. Every day I've got to hear about unemployment and people starving." This infuriated me. Jon has his head stuck so far up his ass he is his own human centipede. He is nothing more than a corporate sellout and if he's sick of hearing about poverty and hunger he should get off his ass and do something about it. Wonder why your album sales haven't been doing to great? Maybe people can't afford to buy you shitty album. Secondly, not everyone can drop what they are doing to have fun like you can. Some people have to work several jobs to support themselves and their family, others have to fight to find work to do just that. Wake up and smell the fucking coffee Jon, this isn't the late-90's, early 00's were people have disposable income.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:26 AM

sean106ESP wrote:
    oktoberwolf wrote:
    Always gotta have time for Metallica =D

Admittedly they were my favourite band by a country mile until Korn came along...

But they're still way up there....so sick of the current scene kid trends =( the 90s were a wasteland in many ways but they were fucking cool, too. Ahhh I feel a rant building....perhaps time to sign off for the night =)

...be yourself, let you come through...

Yeah they are both like most bands for me........Not one album (except AJFA) that I love every song.....but every album has 2,3, sometimes 5 songs I love. So like on my iPod,iPhone and car CD's....they are like compilation CD's. (Mostly live versions as I always prefer live to studio especially for Metallica because they tune down a half step and I drool over Hetfields clean tone)

The KoRn one is the most interesting as the songs are generally short so I can fit so many on one CD LOL. My favs on the KoRn comp is the "Did My Time Live at CBGB's", "Throw Me Away Live" I bought off Amazon (I forget the title of the album), Liar, Uber Time up to Fear is a Place to Live (love those riffs in the 1st three tracks off K III), Live versions of Evolution, Coming Undone and Ya'll Want a Single........and the kicker.......ready.....LOL.........I really like the JD HS demo "What have I done".

If you have not heard it. Listen to the "Beyond Magnetic EP song (someone made a youtube vid of the studio version music) "Just a Bullet Away" I have been waiting for that song for like 3 years as in all the making vids they played parts and I was in heaven. Got DM and kept skipping waiting for it and it never was on it. I was like Fuuuuuuuu. The verse riff is just chug city and the Lyrics (which I normally don't pay attention to) are pretty powerful. I think James wrote it about Layne from Alice in Chains (or at least that is what I heard) basically a suicide with a gun song, but not like Fade to Black.....more like that suicide is selfish is what I take from it. Definitely angry Hetfield in that song.

www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    http://soundcloud.com/sean106ocd
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

"All reflections look the same
    In the shine of the midnight revolver"

Sounds good, yeah I'll take a look and check it out...went back and rewatched the making of videos for the Load album...plenty of fun stuff in there too....I wish Korn were to make more home videos/DVDs...I love the ones they have out already but it's alwasy fun to watch those things....miss Head's funny stuff though O.o

2. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 8:53 AM

oktoberwolf wrote:
    sean106ESP wrote:
    oktoberwolf wrote:

Admittedly they were my favourite band by a country mile until Korn came along...

But they're still way up there....so sick of the current scene kid trends =( the 90s were a wasteland in many ways but they were fucking cool, too. Ahhh I feel a rant building....perhaps time to sign off for the night =)

Yeah they are both like most bands for me........Not one album (except AJFA) that I love every song.....but every album has 2,3, sometimes 5 songs I love. So like on my iPod,iPhone and car CD's....they are like compilation CD's. (Mostly live versions as I always prefer live to studio especially for Metallica because they tune down a half step and I drool over Hetfields clean tone)

The KoRn one is the most interesting as the songs are generally short so I can fit so many on one CD LOL. My favs on the KoRn comp is the "Did My Time Live at CBGB's", "Throw Me Away Live" I bought off Amazon (I forget the title of the album), Liar, Uber Time up to Fear is a Place to Live (love those riffs in the 1st three tracks off K III), Live versions of Evolution, Coming Undone and Ya'll Want a Single........and the kicker.......ready.....LOL.........I really like the JD HS demo "What have I done".

If you have not heard it. Listen to the "Beyond Magnetic EP song (someone made a youtube vid of the studio version music) "Just a Bullet Away" I have been waiting for that song for like 3 years as in all the making vids they played parts and I was in heaven. Got DM and kept skipping waiting for it and it never was on it. I was like Fuuuuuuuu. The verse riff is just chug city and the Lyrics (which I normally don't pay attention to) are pretty powerful. I think James wrote it about Layne from Alice in Chains (or at least that is what I heard) basically a suicide with a gun song, but not like Fade to Black.....more like that suicide is selfish is what I take from it. Definitely angry Hetfield in that song.

Sounds good, yeah I'll take a look and check it out...went back and rewatched the making of videos for the Load album...plenty of fun stuff in there too....I wish Korn were to make more home videos/DVDs...I love the ones they have out already but it's alwasy fun to watch those things....miss Head's funny stuff though O.o

Yeah I love behind the scenes stuff. The Asylum DVD is killer. Head was/is a funny fucker. Did u see that interview on KS? David he said was baptized as a Christian. Good vid. Head looks so happy and talkative.

Yeah the Making of Death Magnetic is OK. But nothing like their older "making of" DVD's. I know they are all on you tube. But I wish they had a DVD of all the vids posted daily from "Mission Metallica" when they were full on making DM.

Supposedly they are making a big announcement in January. I just wish they would get back in the studio. Rob has been hinting they have been recording. So maybe for fanboys like me they really have and a new album will come out in 2012. But they keep announcing more and more tour dates.....so annoying. Lars said Hetfield has like 700 new riffs. They just tour waaaaaay too much. Shit I recall showing the vid to my ex-fiance of The Day that Never Comes. LOL

3. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Thanks for saying this. You get it.

4. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 6:55 PM

kfan78 wrote:
    WOW! Someone is very sensitive!
    Well, Jon wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth so I know he is no stranger to poverty. Have you ever seen Oildale, Bakersfield? etc.. Korn doesn't work for the government, they are musicians who worked their way up out of nothing... Many people respect them for their hustle and sometimes we forget to enjoy what we do have because we are so worried about what we don't have. When they sing "Get up" that could mean something different to everyone that hears it... for example GET up and get a job, Get up and live life, stop BITCHIN GET up and do something about it, Get up and vote...I'm sorry you lost repect for Jon who had to work, and fight his way out of a poor situation. Have you ever heard of tough love? when my family members bitch about the way their lives are, I tell them to " shut the fuck up, get up and do something about it"... There's always a way out of a bad situation but in a world that is in recession all we have is a good song to get us by. My family was poor back in the 80s but we always had a stereo to play music and sometimes that can get you through another day. If you lost respect for a man based on his opinion then you have bigger issues than Korn. Times are so "hard" but we somehow still find the time to comment on a site made for Korn fans! You need a good ole Korn concert to release some of that tension! IF the world didn't Get up and have fun sometimes, and all we focused on was how hard times are then that guy who decided to go to the Korn concert might actually be out robbing someone or in most cases killing himself. Music saves lives! Korn helps when they can, they gave a ton of free shows through the years, they invited all of those kids to their video shoot, and they even flew soldiers out of Iraq to see their show! Take that and shove it in your chimney and stop being a Grinch! Happy Holidays to you and yours! and thanks for being a member of Korn's Fan Club! \m/

A G R E E D ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Korn 4 Life!!

5. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Music is obviously not TJ's strong point if he thinks all Korn albums sound the same. I'm still waiting for someone to post a video where Jonathan said exactly what was (mis)quoted by Pulse of Radio. Whether or not the original poster was redirected to this site by AmazingAtheist, no need to get upset like a punk and bash the entire band. You lost respect for Jonathan? Oh wow! Who are you? I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit. Did you just sign up for that sole reason to talk out of the side of your neck?

6. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:08 PM

sean106ESP wrote:
    oktoberwolf wrote:
    sean106ESP wrote:
    oktoberwolf wrote:

Yeah I love behind the scenes stuff. The Asylum DVD is killer. Head was/is a funny fucker. Did u see that interview on KS? David he said was baptized as a Christian. Good vid. Head looks so happy and talkative.

Yeah the Making of Death Magnetic is OK. But nothing like their older "making of" DVD's. I know they are all on you tube. But I wish they had a DVD of all the vids posted daily from "Mission Metallica" when they were full on making DM.

Supposedly they are making a big announcement in January. I just wish they would get back in the studio. Rob has been hinting they have been recording. So maybe for fanboys like me they really have and a new album will come out in 2012. But they keep announcing more and more tour dates.....so annoying. Lars said Hetfield has like 700 new riffs. They just tour waaaaaay too much. Shit I recall showing the vid to my ex-fiance of The Day that Never Comes. LOL

Yeah I've seen a whole bunch of Head's interviews so far and he's still pretty much the same dude. I do miss seeing the old Malibu Ranch videos but sadly the 90s had to end =( hahaha

There's some cool vids of Care Bear and some other guys taking home vids up at Malibu ranch too and some of the early tours of Europe which are fun =) Oh and one of them on their first tour round the states in that old camper that burned down =)

Yeah it'd be ace to get another ...And Justice...purely dark, bleak heavy Metallica...although my favourite is still Ride the Lighting =)

7. RE: Lost All Respect For Jon

Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 7:57 PM

so what if he said it. I'm tired of hearing about that shit too. hell ya nonie! YA make me PROUD. hehe. It is time to get the fuck up and do something about our world, instead of bitch.

oh, and if anyone wants to judge my previous statement and think I'm licking his ass. I AM.
    LICK LICK.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS KORN!!! and of course, fans. :)

"everything is wrong every time"

8. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM

this thread made me love the song more.....

but neways...you gotta understand that most of us korn fans(if not all) are in one way or another perfectly awesome misfits..and when misfits are down and back against the wall, crying and pity will only hurt you..so what do you do when you are broke, lost everything and dont know what to do?....you SHUT THE FUK UP AND GET UP!!!

btw i lost my business thanks to this recession..and you dont hear me bitchin and crying..i just got up and kept on going....

9. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Hellraiser wrote:
    this thread made me love the song more.....

but neways...you gotta understand that most of us korn fans(if not all) are in one way or another perfectly awesome misfits..and when misfits are down and back against the wall, crying and pity will only hurt you..so what do you do when you are broke, lost everything and dont know what to do?....you SHUT THE FUK UP AND GET UP!!!

btw i lost my business thanks to this recession..and you dont hear me bitchin and crying..i just got up and kept on going....

Awesome. Keep going.

Get the latest from Korn!