Lost All Respect For Jon

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 6:40 PM

It was drawn to my attention that Jon Davis made a statement saying "'Get Up' is about the recession. I wish everyone would shut the fuck up and have some fun. Every day I've got to hear about unemployment and people starving." This infuriated me. Jon has his head stuck so far up his ass he is his own human centipede. He is nothing more than a corporate sellout and if he's sick of hearing about poverty and hunger he should get off his ass and do something about it. Wonder why your album sales haven't been doing to great? Maybe people can't afford to buy you shitty album. Secondly, not everyone can drop what they are doing to have fun like you can. Some people have to work several jobs to support themselves and their family, others have to fight to find work to do just that. Wake up and smell the fucking coffee Jon, this isn't the late-90's, early 00's were people have disposable income.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:55 AM

you fucking halfwit, that is all

2. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:31 AM

WOW! Someone is very sensitive!
    Well, Jon wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth so I know he is no stranger to poverty. Have you ever seen Oildale, Bakersfield? etc.. Korn doesn't work for the government, they are musicians who worked their way up out of nothing... Many people respect them for their hustle and sometimes we forget to enjoy what we do have because we are so worried about what we don't have. When they sing "Get up" that could mean something different to everyone that hears it... for example GET up and get a job, Get up and live life, stop BITCHIN GET up and do something about it, Get up and vote...I'm sorry you lost repect for Jon who had to work, and fight his way out of a poor situation. Have you ever heard of tough love? when my family members bitch about the way their lives are, I tell them to " shut the fuck up, get up and do something about it"... There's always a way out of a bad situation but in a world that is in recession all we have is a good song to get us by. My family was poor back in the 80s but we always had a stereo to play music and sometimes that can get you through another day. If you lost respect for a man based on his opinion then you have bigger issues than Korn. Times are so "hard" but we somehow still find the time to comment on a site made for Korn fans! You need a good ole Korn concert to release some of that tension! IF the world didn't Get up and have fun sometimes, and all we focused on was how hard times are then that guy who decided to go to the Korn concert might actually be out robbing someone or in most cases killing himself. Music saves lives! Korn helps when they can, they gave a ton of free shows through the years, they invited all of those kids to their video shoot, and they even flew soldiers out of Iraq to see their show! Take that and shove it in your chimney and stop being a Grinch! Happy Holidays to you and yours! and thanks for being a member of Korn's Fan Club! \m/

3. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:30 AM

To quote you "if he's sick of hearing about poverty and hunger he should get off his ass and do something about it" Even if thats exactly what Jon meant by that song.. what are you whining about?

Why don't you shut up and get the fuck up.. and do something about it!

I came from a poor family... we worked our butts off and didn't have anything handed to us, we got no welfare or gov aid, no one helped us, cause we didn't cry about it!!, my dad was the only one who worked, with 3 kids to feed. We lived in a little shit camper trailer for years... Dad didn't get paid for months at a time, yet we survived, grew, still found the way, all 3 of us went to college and got degrees. I can support myself on my own salary now and live quite comfortably. Though to this day I have to say I hate hot dogs and liver cause thats what we ate, alot!

It's all in what you choose to do with your life..do nothing accept your fate.. so something, reap the benefits.

If you're sick of it the way it is? You know what to do!

4. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Kornered and KFan78:

Thank YOU!!!!

No one is guaranteed a good life, you have to work toward one. Not going to get something, anything that you want by complaining.

5. RE: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 2:31 PM

This is so fucking rude and unintelligent, words cannot describe. What the hell are you doing on a Korn forum if you don't even like the band anymore? If you think it's such a "shitty" album then don't listen to it! And Jonathan is amazing. I don't see the problem with relating Get Up to the recession. There's NOTHING he can do to "help" the situation other than protest, and look how far THAT'S gotten everyone so far.

Just gtfo.
    ~C'est la vie

6. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:42 PM

JUST THINGS I WANT TO KNOW!

A.) Where is this? I want to read it!
    B.) Is it on "paper" (or typed online what ever...)or do you see him on camera saying these things?
    3.) What would you have him do about it?
    Spend millions feeding people?
    Build factories to create jobs?
    What would the factories make?
    What about people like Opera and Bill Gates and too many others to try and name, who have far more money than John or KO®N as a whole most likely, Should they not spend every penny they have to get to a level that every person lives at the same life style?
    Is it not possible it truly is what others have said here. He wants people to try and relax, have some fun?
    What ever, your mad, I can almost, ALMOST understand why.
    Do you do anything about it?
    Ever here about a food drive? Ever donate to one?
    Do you got a big lawn? Do you mow it or do you pay a kid from a struggling family to do it so maybe 10 bucks can help them out? I'm guessing no on all counts!
    Really sorry you dont like the album, for real. Few songs I didnt like at first but their cool, they rock...all of them. Maybe they are older and see life differently and that is reflected in their music and you hate that so this is how you bitch about the new music? Maybe?
    Its a huge world. WE, ALL OF US! EVERY ONE OF THE 7 BILLION PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET IS AT FAULT! YOU WANT ONE PERSON TO FIX IT ALL ! FOR EVERYONE? REALLY? Ok not the baby's and kids. And yes like a month ago as best as they can calculate we are at 7 billion people! Its hard, I'm sure you can see that! With births and deaths every day, they cant be exact! But it is believed we have broke that 7 billion mark.
    Shits been going to shit for years and years and years, John cant fix shit! Maybe people like you bug the shit out of him every day " hey John your rich ...feed the fucking world" Maybe thats why he is tired of hearing it? Maybe? You dont know, nor do I! But MAYBE!
    AHH well I'm done. Sorry your pissed about something I MUST think was taken out of context.....What was said before that...what was said after it? Could it explain anything at all to know the entire conversation? MAYBE?
    My biggest question for you;
    What the hell would you have him do about it?

7. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Great Post@ Burnt Korn!! I think we all spent enough time on this post! Let's go------------------------------>

8. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I hate that so much attention is going to the lamest song on the album with the weakest chorus, by far, of any Korn song I've ever heard.

9. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Let me guess. You saw the video on Youtube that was recently posted by "TheAmazingAthiest". He talks exactly about this quote Jonathan said and how stupid he is for saying it. I know this of course because I am subscribed to TheAmazingAthiest and I like watching his videos. But this video that he posted talking shit about JD I cannot agree on at all. TJ (that's the guys name) takes this quote way too seriously and misinterprets it. What JD is saying is that people need to stop just looking at all the depressing things that are going on in this world and relax. That's all. JD is not trying to insult anybody.

10. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM

uhm WTF that is all
    KornHivGurl

11. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Ahh who cares. Frankly I find JD's interviews boring. I prefer Munky's interviews better.

Yeah so there have been interviews of JD shooting his mouth off. Who gives a fuck. Just listen to the music if you like it.

Besides I am biased I would rather watch or read a James Hetfield interview over anyone. (Hetfield Fanboy at its worst...um best? :) )
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    http://soundcloud.com/sean106ocd
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

"All reflections look the same
    In the shine of the midnight revolver"

12. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 4:08 AM

That's the problem with these things. All it takes is for one person to misinterpret the content ort idea, and then the net is flooded with unintelligent responses based on nothing but Chinese whisper philosophy and crude assumptions.

If Korn want to write about the recession then why the hell not. It's the muisc they had, and always do have fun with...not the lyrical content. Sometimes I wonder if these people have ever left the house before....

Nothing wrong with being a Hetfield fanboy Sean!! =)

...be yourself, let you come through...

13. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Thanks man. I am just going coo coo this past few weeks since they played their 30 year anniversary shows; and released a song I have been waiting 3 years for. Plus they just released the live download of the 1st show and the sound quality is sick.

LOL sad but I have not picked up my 7 string until last night. Played a little HTS and other favs. :) Just jammin on Tallica tunes so much as I need to build up speed and again, in Tallica fanboy mode. I had surgery on my thumb so trying to rehab it as my bands tracking drums over the holidays for our next CD. :)

14. gia avatar gia

Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM

its funny how easily people judge others, making their judgement based on few words taken out of context, have you even read the entire Kerrang interview, or you know only the few quotes circling around the internet, that all the services use? people love to take things out of the whole thing changing its entire meaning, so before you judge, go buy the magazine, read the whole thing and than u will have at least a right to make claims like, untill then you dont have a right to do it at all

fuck im poor too and i fucking done and hate hearing every fucking day about the crisis, like im not depressed enough about that, people make it way worse by making such a noise in media about it cause it helps anything and does not good at all, only make things worse, and fuels this downward spiral, scaring people the fuck out causing them make wrong decision which only leads to deeper recession, like vicious circle not to be break

15. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 5:16 PM

sean106ESP wrote:

Thanks man. I am just going coo coo this past few weeks since they played their 30 year anniversary shows; and released a song I have been waiting 3 years for. Plus they just released the live download of the 1st show and the sound quality is sick.

LOL sad but I have not picked up my 7 string until last night. Played a little HTS and other favs. :) Just jammin on Tallica tunes so much as I need to build up speed and again, in Tallica fanboy mode. I had surgery on my thumb so trying to rehab it as my bands tracking drums over the holidays for our next CD. :)

Hetfield is my favorite living guitar player as well. Jammin out to some Justice right now.

16. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM

riklite wrote:
    sean106ESP wrote:

Hetfield is my favorite living guitar player as well. Jammin out to some Justice right now.

Killer man! I was just playing some Puppets and old stuff. Yeah he is my guitar idol LOL

Hence:
    Custom ordered to my spec's.....well Jaymz' spec's except the neck profile.

Except I just put the EMG "Het Set" pup's in the black one. Killer pup's. I hate it because I want them in all my guitars now which all have EMG 60/81's.

I used to have Iron Cross Number 9. But out of work so she had to go.

Which axes ya runnin?

Sorry for the thread derail. :)

17. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:56 PM

sean106ESP wrote:
    riklite wrote:
    sean106ESP wrote:

Killer man! I was just playing some Puppets and old stuff. Yeah he is my guitar idol LOL

Hence:
    Custom ordered to my spec's.....well Jaymz' spec's except the neck profile.

Except I just put the EMG "Het Set" pup's in the black one. Killer pup's. I hate it because I want them in all my guitars now which all have EMG 60/81's.

I used to have Iron Cross Number 9. But out of work so she had to go.

Which axes ya runnin?

Sorry for the thread derail. :)

Nice axes man! I can only talk about what I used to have lol. I had a black Gibson Les Paul Custom that I blacked out like the ones Hetfield and Kirk Hammett use. That was my fav but needed money so I sold it. I also had a Stephen Carpenter Black LTD 7 string barintone and two Dimebag Darrell Washburn guitars. I gave up my dream of becoming a rockstar so I sold everything and just play my Taylor acoustic when I get the urge. Not very fun for metal though. :(

18. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Always gotta have time for Metallica =D

Admittedly they were my favourite band by a country mile until Korn came along...

But they're still way up there....so sick of the current scene kid trends =( the 90s were a wasteland in many ways but they were fucking cool, too. Ahhh I feel a rant building....perhaps time to sign off for the night =)

19. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM

oktoberwolf wrote:
    Always gotta have time for Metallica =D

Admittedly they were my favourite band by a country mile until Korn came along...

But they're still way up there....so sick of the current scene kid trends =( the 90s were a wasteland in many ways but they were fucking cool, too. Ahhh I feel a rant building....perhaps time to sign off for the night =)

Yeah they are both like most bands for me........Not one album (except AJFA) that I love every song.....but every album has 2,3, sometimes 5 songs I love. So like on my iPod,iPhone and car CD's....they are like compilation CD's. (Mostly live versions as I always prefer live to studio especially for Metallica because they tune down a half step and I drool over Hetfields clean tone)

The KoRn one is the most interesting as the songs are generally short so I can fit so many on one CD LOL. My favs on the KoRn comp is the "Did My Time Live at CBGB's", "Throw Me Away Live" I bought off Amazon (I forget the title of the album), Liar, Uber Time up to Fear is a Place to Live (love those riffs in the 1st three tracks off K III), Live versions of Evolution, Coming Undone and Ya'll Want a Single........and the kicker.......ready.....LOL.........I really like the JD HS demo "What have I done".

If you have not heard it. Listen to the "Beyond Magnetic EP song (someone made a youtube vid of the studio version music) "Just a Bullet Away" I have been waiting for that song for like 3 years as in all the making vids they played parts and I was in heaven. Got DM and kept skipping waiting for it and it never was on it. I was like Fuuuuuuuu. The verse riff is just chug city and the Lyrics (which I normally don't pay attention to) are pretty powerful. I think James wrote it about Layne from Alice in Chains (or at least that is what I heard) basically a suicide with a gun song, but not like Fade to Black.....more like that suicide is selfish is what I take from it. Definitely angry Hetfield in that song.

20. Re: Lost All Respect For Jon

Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Dude, the economy sucks, the job market blows but, there is no reason to bash the band on here. Honestly, Jonathan is tired of hearing about the bad stuff in the world and so am I. All that we can do is live, party and hope for the best.
    Does it make me bad??

Get the latest from Korn!