Grooveshark

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I'm a longtime Korn fan (10+ years) and I've noticed that Korn has not yet allowed its albums to be played on the popular streaming music site Grooveshark. I've mostly abandoned iTunes recently (where my Korn library is located) in order to explore other genres that I've traditionally shied away from (which was actually inspired by Korn's collaboration with Skrillex). I use Grooveshark to this end, and as a result, I've noticed through my last.fm account that Korn doesn't get as much attention from me as it once did. I'm worried that Korn is alienating a good chunk of former/potential fans by not reaching a licensing agreement with Grooveshark - I truly believe that sites like this are the wave of the future and are eventually going to be vital and indispensable tools for bands to get their music out there. I think it's in the best interests of the Korn community to push for a Grooveshark agreement, but maybe that's just me. What does everyone else think?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Grooveshark

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:26 AM

I've never heard of grooveshark but I'm pretty sure their songs are on spotify.

2. Moderator

Re: Grooveshark

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Grooveshark is an app on my Nook Tablet...so I assume it's on android and probably iPhone.

3. Re: Grooveshark

Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I was using grooveshark for a while. I believe at one time there were a bunch of korn songs on there, now not much. Not sure why, but I don't use it any more to say the least.
    Korn 4 Life!!

Get the latest from Korn!