'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Jonathan, I've been listening to these brilliant songs on youtube for over a year now in dreadful quality, yet they still blow me away more than anything I've heard in the past decade. I can't stress how much I enjoy these songs! I love the Sitar part in Basic Needs, the moody vibe of these tracks is absolutely haunting! I remain hopeful.
-Sorry this was a little off topic guys.

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:21 PM

    JD played an updated, high quality version of "Basic Needs" in the chat several months ago. Probably the best thing he's ever done as a solo artist. Incredible song. Lead single material. I hope he releases it on Soundcloud soon, along with "Gender."

    Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

  2. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:51 PM

    That's great news! This hopefully means JD hasn't shelved them. I Hope these songs get a proper physical release, they deserve it!

  3. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 6:14 AM

    Jonathan also did a song/demo called 'Anal Butterfly'.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

  4. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 9:07 AM

    That was an early version of My Gift to You.

    Kornii wrote:
    Jonathan also did a song/demo called 'Anal Butterfly'.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.


    Does it make me bad??

  5. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:48 AM

    gender is my favorite out of them though it changes from time to time.

  6. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 8:59 AM

    KORN365 wrote:
    That was an early version of My Gift to You.
    Kornii wrote:
    Jonathan also did a song/demo called 'Anal Butterfly'.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.


    Does it make me bad??


    Are you sure? It came out just a few years ago.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

  7. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:23 PM

    KORN365 happens to be looking at your signature which contains the lyrics to My Gift To You.

    But Anal Butterfly is in NO WAY a demo or anything relating to Korn. It was a JD side-project that was NOT JDSFA. It was with Kalen Chase. Sexual Gyrations of the Universe.

    Pretty sure JD and Kalen just recorded songs like Anal Butterfly and Gay Sex just for fun with no plans to actually release them.

    But aside from that. BASIC NEEDS. BEST. SONG. EVER. Fuckin' loved it since it was recorded through the live streams. Shit needs to be released.

  8. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 9:30 PM

    nate3one wrote:
    KORN365 happens to be looking at your signature which contains the lyrics to My Gift To You.

    But Anal Butterfly is in NO WAY a demo or anything relating to Korn. It was a JD side-project that was NOT JDSFA. It was with Kalen Chase. Sexual Gyrations of the Universe.

    Pretty sure JD and Kalen just recorded songs like Anal Butterfly and Gay Sex just for fun with no plans to actually release them.

    But aside from that. BASIC NEEDS. BEST. SONG. EVER. Fuckin' loved it since it was recorded through the live streams. Shit needs to be released.


    Ah! Thank you for clearing that up!

    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

  9. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:29 AM

    Basic Needs is awesome. It's definitely among my favorite JD tracks.

  10. Re: 'Basic Needs' and 'Gender'

    Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:02 PM

    I do love Basic Needs too, I would love all of them released someday.


    "everything is wrong every time"

Get the latest from Korn!