KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

How do you feel when people criticize your taste in Listening to Korn? It seems Korn (band) gets bashed frequently for some of these reasons:

- Metal fans dislike them cause they're not Metal enough
- Hip-Hop fans dislike them cause they're not Hip-hop enough
- The term Mallcore freqently used..
- or they use the excuse that they are for teenagers to listen to..!?

its fucking annoying. Korn is here to stay, I don't see myself not stopping anytime soon from listening to them (im 23)

What are your feelings on Korn bashing?? and where do you think all the hate came from..?
It feels like something...no, it's nothing

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

People love to trash what they don't get or understand, unfortunately it is a part of human nature, when really we should embrace our differences cause if everyone liked all the same stuff and did the same things the world would be a pretty boring place. I'm almost 36 and love Korn (always will even when I'm 80), their level of creativity and talent is truely both amazing and genius!

2. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Its louder and more difficult to understand. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't understand what it does for those who do.
    Katie Pohl

3. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I hate to break it but a lot of what got associated with nu-metal gave korn a bad rep when they didn't even deserve it or really associate come from the same place or act like the majority of bands that fit that genre.

You are always gonna have people who can't stand anything after peachy labeling them sellouts who are no longer genuine,

Back in the mid 90's korn was never labeled mallcore etc... What can you do a lot of 12 year emo kids (which is dying breed now) will download away, shop at hot topicand relate to korn . You can't really change it and it's been going on for a while.

And it's true to extent korn were never a metal band. Infact most of the members previous bands were metal bands and when they were on MTV a decade ago like every other day it would piss off a lot people who play or are a fan of metal genres of music only because it was wrongly labeled metal music and korn will agree to this.

So comments should be taken with a grain of salt and not personal.

4. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM

huehuehuehuehuehue "here to stay"

5. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Let the haters hate,i won´t give a f***k nomore bout this,during my teenagetime it was different,i´d been fighting against the haters each damned day!
    But now lately,i let them talk,cause so more u fight against it so heavier it gets!
    KoRn is Lifestyle!

6. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

It really pisses me off when people talk badly about KoRn. They are so much more than just a band to me.. Their music speaks to me.. It has helped me get through so much shit. I couldn't even thank them enough for all that they have done for me!
    Haley J Schmidt

7. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:09 AM

turn the volume up and go nuts yeah.

8. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I don't think the haters antagonise Korn because of any sense of directed animosity. I imagine they do it because they enjoy it. Personally, I enjoy engaging them on the subject. They can be funny, and they add variety. Besides, If there weren't any haters out there, who would we antagonise?

But enough about the haters, let's talk about us. A lot of Korn fans seem very quick to take any anti-Korn sentiment as personal attacks. I've seen a few Korn fans vs. haters threads over the years, and they've all looked more like crankfests than anything productive. Also, while the community here is relaxed enough, elsewhere I've had a few discussions with other Korn fans over the years where things have gotten hostile, even though there were no actual haters present. It feels like it's very easy to set some people off, and sometimes it's seemed impossible to avoid stepping on their landmines, in a manner of speaking.

I hardly think the haters really know Korn or us well enough to hit the target. Giving the issue any more attention than it deserves tends to get in the way of the things we enjoy in life or wish we were doing. Enjoy the music.

9. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Korn is Korn and too much people are just too obsessed with categorizing bands and their music.
    People hate Korn because they can't necessarily categorize Korn and they fill helpless about it.

10. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM

For You, for me and for other "KoRn kids" KoRn is lifestyle. It's almost 20 years of following for most and 17 for me. Only family and own habits are closer. For others KoRn means just a band. I think it's normal.
    But what is really fckn' bllsht is to impose their views n' write n' tell everywhere some bad things. Even worse if you're a music critic and actually you just think you are. Don't like - So What! Don't tell anybody bout it!

11. Re: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, May 16, 2014 at 8:36 PM

55 Vernis leather-basedLouis vuitton singapore printed
    Michael Kors outlet string debut may be
    Michael Kors Outletpopular: the actual LV Vernis collection
    Authentic Jordan shoes are usually Louis Vuitton layout home
    louis vuitton outlet online Draw Jakob (Marc Jacobs) introduced
    Louis vuitton outlet the first coupled 55
    Cheap Michael Kors patent synthetic leather sequence,
    Air jordans for salewith blazing colour,
    Michael Kors Outletthree-dimensional embossed
    Louis Vuitton Canda Outlet Monogram 55 mark structure
    Cheap louis vuittonand glistening globule
    Michael kors handbagsglossy shiny obvious
    Louis Vuitton Canadanatural leather, custom modeling rendering
    Louis Vuitton Canda stylish fashion, your
    Louis vuitton singapore handbags bag the form, run
    Louis Vuitton Sale many years, has become recognized
    Air Jordans saleby the gals preferred,
    Michael kors outlet online get to be the interminable classical.
    Louis Vuitton OutletThis particular number of baggage
    Louis Vuitton Australiatend to be called to the
    Louis Vuitton Outletroadways of New York, like the Vernis Alma serial,
    Michael kors handbags outlet New York national cistron based on
    Nike Air Jordans onlineThe big apple small Fernando Bell ringer Jakob. Fifty-five Vernis group of
    Louis vuitton Australia Outletleather product press with popular
    Air jordans for saleplastic-type material vibrant
    Michael kors storesexterior, colour
    Louis Vuitton Handbagsbesides implemented
    Louis Vuitton Outleta and full of life
    Louis Vuitton Canada red, purple,
    MK handbags outleteco-friendly, violet mineral water
    Discount jordan shoes as well as d at the begining of milk sugar (like the
    australia louis vuitton handbagscandy bar ~). In addition to
    Stuart weitzmanpitch-black, Vernis collection
    michael kors onlinesteadily add together shimmer
    Louis Vuitton Canada Outletwith high penetration of reddish colored
    Michael Kors UKdarkish, red-colored and also
    Michael Kors Canada green. Lavishness buckskin, geometrical strains style alone(p), very ingenious, retract, Stewed dumplings bundle cup of tea within the years regarding favorite, gives a distinctive fresh new sense of style. The particular sales expense of with regards to $year 2000 (regarding 13 1 , 000 kwai). Neverful Sequence Launch: Despite the fact that Monogrammed neverful acquired become a road package, presbyopia can be everyday, merely whitened panel neverful G or even good-searching, and graffiti besides allow this to uncomplicated model is full of new verve. Buy your cash well worth. Travel suit.

Newsletter Signup