KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

How do you feel when people criticize your taste in Listening to Korn? It seems Korn (band) gets bashed frequently for some of these reasons:

- Metal fans dislike them cause they're not Metal enough
- Hip-Hop fans dislike them cause they're not Hip-hop enough
- The term Mallcore freqently used..
- or they use the excuse that they are for teenagers to listen to..!?

its fucking annoying. Korn is here to stay, I don't see myself not stopping anytime soon from listening to them (im 23)

What are your feelings on Korn bashing?? and where do you think all the hate came from..?
It feels like something...no, it's nothing

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:34 AM

les guste o no,KoЯn es metal,y no entiendo por que tanto rollo,solo es una banda normal,cualquier otra banda puede aser lo que KoЯn no igual,pero a su estilo,la verdad,solo molestan por que no quieren aser algo de sus vidas o simplemente son unos trolls de los cojones XD LOOOOOOOL no ya,que simples,todas o la mayoria de las canciones de korn son muy buenas,como ball tounge,blind,need to,clown,twist,y mejor aqui paro por que me aburrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrro.

2. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I'm about to shed some light on this whole situation- STANDBY

I used to be a die hard PUBLIC ENEMY fan (hip hop) and I was attracted to their delivery, powerful lyrics and the HARD bass in their beats. I was all about the underground hip hop artist and lyrics were everything to me. I would listen to underground radio stations and only watch underground music video shows. I hated mainstream hip hop.

One special day, a ray of light shined down on my television as I was pouring a drink. I started to drink my juice when my heart started to beat to the sound of this bass I heard coming from the television. I followed the sound and fell to my knees at the sight of this sexy white guy with dreadlocks and a oversize Adidas track suit on. lol Just kidding, it was something like that...

I went to get a drink and when I came back to my television, the video for BLIND was on and I was immediately blown away. Since then EVERY album has taken me on a journey that I don't want to end.

Korn has never been hated with in the hip hop community because the attitude is there, the delivery is there and the style is there! Korn is respected by the hip hop community that's why they had Rappers in their early music and videos. The current hip hop scene is heavily influenced by rock music and style. Korn is forever baby! and people hate to love them!

Keep Bangin!

3. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

As for the other haters,

They were too young to know who Korn was back in the 90s and now that they are old enough to go to shows they want to see what they've been missing all of these years. The other haters "used to be a fan" have what I like to call "Peter Pan Syndrome" they don't want to GROW THE FUCK UP!!

Keep Bangin!

4. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I contest that the reason I'm no long a fan is because I have grown the fuck up. I no longer have to vicariously address my emotions through others, especially not at the level of immaturity contained in your average Korn lyric.

5. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    Is this the wrong thread to state I think Korn suck balls?

Wow! I have been mystified, KoRn has rocked my world hard, the love I have for Jonathan alone has perplexed me, I am drawn to this man, you gave the answer! I SUCK FUCKING BALLS TOO! koRn and I are not unevenly yoked-gosh I need to go celebrate I am not perplexed any longer.

I LOVE YOU JONATHAN/KORN!
    "Men are not the only ones who love Hummers"

I love you Kashmir!

6. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:22 PM

kfan78 wrote:
    As for the other haters,

They were too young to know who Korn was back in the 90s and now that they are old enough to go to shows they want to see what they've been missing all of these years. The other haters "used to be a fan" have what I like to call "Peter Pan Syndrome" they don't want to GROW THE FUCK UP!!

Keep Bangin!

I have never been a hater. When I seen KoRn back in the 90's, opening band for Ozzy, I was so flipping high out of my mind. Meth only allows you to be focused on what you desire (or least this was my experience when I was using). I was so geared towards Ozzy, but one thing I do remember, the energy, the energy KoRn put off-fans were reflecting it. . I cannot wait to see them again! (You are right I did miss a lot, not because of hate, I have not been in my right mind-I am now, I found home). *sniff, sniff*

Is that what NO. has Peter Pan Syndrome? If so GROW UP AND GO FIND ANOTHER PLAY GROUND!

I love you Kashmir!

7. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Wind Dancer wrote:
    Is that what NO. has Peter Pan Syndrome? If so GROW UP AND GO FIND ANOTHER PLAY GROUND!

Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it?

8. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    Wind Dancer wrote:

Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it?

Nope, especially, when I had far too many drink. YIKES!

I love you Kashmir!

9. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Wow! I didn't know that people think that only kids listen to Korn. I'm surprised. To be honest, no one ever gave a shit about the fact that I listen to Korn. Except from my parents, but that's a different story.

If someone would try to talk bullshit about Korn I would get really angry. I understand people are entitled to their own opinions, but then again, I don't give a fuck. I mind my own business, so why can't they do the same?
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

10. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM

So basically you're saying that people are entitled to their opinions so long as they don't express them, especially if they disagree with your own? But if you don't give a fuck then surely you don't care what people's opinions on Korn are, let alone "get angry" about it.

11. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Those reasons you listed Anomaly, come from a really shallow place. For example, to dislike Korn simply bc they're not metal enough is retarded. Its like "uh...so what, whats ur point?...they have their own unique sound goin on that's creative and innovative - thank god they dont sound like Saliva or someshit (or like all the really metal bands). I think its hard for the rigid or shallow metal fan to appreciate what Korn is doing with their sound. For the excuse that they are for teenagers to listen to sounds a bit ignorant. Anyone, at any age, can and do listen to Korn bc they want to, for whatever reason. And, I agree, Korn is here to stay. They have many fans of all ages and always will. To all the Korn Bashers who say Korn aren't metal/hiphop enough-mallcore-teenager bs excuse I say just STFU (before I slap u) and get up!! lol : p BC your reasons are RETARDED!
    How many people out there like to FUCK!!!

12. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM

misanthrope wrote:
    So basically you're saying that people are entitled to their opinions so long as they don't express them, especially if they disagree with your own? But if you don't give a fuck then surely you don't care what people's opinions on Korn are, let alone "get angry" about it.

FEEL FREE to express your feelings and opinions but why are you a member of this site?
    I don't think it's necessary to comment on a site that belongs to a band that you don't like.
    Come on, tell the truth! you are secretly racking up points by posting all of this BS lol

Keep Bangin!

Keep Bangin!

13. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM

misanthrope wrote:
    I contest that the reason I'm no long a fan is because I have grown the fuck up. I no longer have to vicariously address my emotions through others, especially not at the level of immaturity contained in your average Korn lyric.

I was talking about the people who say that they used to be fans until the P. O.T album was released. Change is a part of life and I understand that people feel like they can't relate to Korn anymore, but when you take the time to bash people for being fans then it makes you look foolish. Move on.

14. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I just found this by accident, in that I was solely seeking a picture of Jonathan playing JDevil so I could send it to the man I love behind the big wall-he is in prison. He loves KoRn! I am updating him on the band. Damn I wish I could send him a IPod, uploading all of KoRn's songs he has missed since being down. I am sending him many lyrics though, someday he will hear KoRn again. I cannot wait, each passing day is a day closer!

These are Jonathan's own words-

“I learned a long time ago you can’t make everybody happy so if you have your opinion and think we’re selling out and you don’t like it, don’t listen to it. It’s that simple.”

http://929dave.radio.com/2012/03/15/music-catches-up-to-korn-jonathan-davis-lifelong-love-of-edm-skrillex-dj-alterego-j-devil/

I love you Kashmir!

15. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:58 AM

While I admit that I'm not fully clear on what Misanthrope's motivations for being part of this site are, it is important that any fansite has people who are critical of the band in question. Full consensus on the validity of culture is a stale condition and, frankly, a more analytical perspective from this community wouldn't go amiss.

16. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Misanthrope is probly here just for the shits and giggles he gets after calling ppl out. Heh but idk..:)

17. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
    While I admit that I'm not fully clear on what Misanthrope's motivations for being part of this site are, it is important that any fansite has people who are critical of the band in question. Full consensus on the validity of culture is a stale condition and, frankly, a more analytical perspective from this community wouldn't go amiss.

Nail. Head.

If you sit and talk to 10 people who agree with you then you learn nothing. If you talk to one person who disagrees you learn something. But hey, nothing stopping everyone from enjoying their Korn fanboy circle jerk despite my presence.

18. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM

ballocks to all the bashers,ive listen to korn from day one and yes they have moved with the times,thats ok,and for people to say they not metal,there metal enough for me and i love they new stuff,i seen them in belfast a few weeks ago,and ray was bashing the crap out of the drum kit,the others were ripping it up on the stay and jd as always was rockin the fuckin place out,the place was packed to the rafters and everyone had as far as i could tell a great time ,and if the dress code that night was anything to go by it was all metal/rock fans at the gig,theres diffrent levels of metal,at the end of the day its all fuckin metal.keep on rockin korn,and fuck the rest.
    if its dark and heavy , bring it on,metal forever

19. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:59 PM

20. RE: KoRn Discrimination

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

LOL! I get a kick out of u Misanthrope

Get the latest from Korn!