PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:55 AM

I really hope people here have good taste and are as offended about the low quality of the new artwork as much as I am.

Korn always had stunning artworks and now they have really lowered their standards.
I guess the whole idea is not bad but this version of the logo is very bland and does not compare to the old one that is so characteristic to the band's aesthetics. I personally would be fine with this cover if it had the old logo on it instead of this version of it.

Please, if you guys think the old logo is way much better than this post here and maybe we can change something.
My band :)
www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:09 PM

N

Luv n peace 4 all......

2. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:26 AM

I hate the new cover, would like it changed. Looks cheap.

3. RE: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM

It is not the right logo. If you're a designer, you'd know this, and so would Korn.

The 'n' is the most noticable part. Basically, they've used the "Kornucopia" font in a 3D program, instead of the actual Korn logo.

I for once cannot stand this. I hate the cover purely for the fact that it is not the real Korn logo. It's a fake logo, replicated by someone who crated that font. It's actually what bothers me about that font too. I hate seeing Korn write 'Korn' in that font. If you put them next to each other, the differences are massive.

I for one say they change it.

4. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I agree, it looks cheap, is not the original logo, is the cover for real?
    ¡PIU AVANTI!

Do like God who never cries;
    or like Lucifer, who never prays;
    or like the oak grove, that in its greatness
    needs water but does not plea
    May it bite and clamor vengeful,
    rolling in the dust, your head!

---

5. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I see it as an openness, to patching, building and healing. Growing into today and whatever is to come in the future............I think it suits, quite well.
    "DEAL WITH IT"

6. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I think its pretty cool. Could it be better... probably...does it even matter as long as it still rocks my head off....not at all!
    If it aint Ko®n it aint music.

7. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:05 AM

the cover is fine, i like it. But they could do like the beatles and just leave it blank and i wouldn't give two craps. thier art is represented by what is in that case. and that is the awsome music fueld by blood sweet and tears.
    I like my coffee black just like my metal

8. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I bet if Korn had an album cover like Arctic Monkey's latest, or The Black Keys, people would still bitch and whine.

Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

9. Re: PETITION FOR KORN TO CHANGE THE ARTWORK OF TPOT

Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I like it.

imo, SYOTOS is the worst album cover (ew, photoshopness)

feels like something...
    ...no, its nothing

Newsletter Signup