Korn's flaws

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I thought this would make a good idea for a thread. Basically, list the complaints you have with specific songs, albums,music videos, or Korn in general.

I was just listening to the "Alone I Break". I like the song, but I think it would of been better if it was heavier. It would be better if, near the end of the song, there was a heavy breakdown. The song was too mellow, I sensed a lot of pent up rage in the song, and it never got through.

Also, the songwriting on most of "Take a Look in the Mirror" is uninspired. I would of liked it if there was more variety in the lyrics, not just Jon bellowing about how much he hates everybody.

Also, "Thoughtless". I like the song, but is it really worth Jon's time to complain about being bullied in high school? He was 31 when this song came out, don't you think that's too old to be complaining about it? The music video doesn't make sense either. Why is the kid being picked on? Why are the jocks beating him up for no reason?

Speaking of that, "Let the Guilt Go". That's the THIRD time Korn used the whole "unpopular kid vs the jocks" cliche in one of their music videos.

Finally, "Untitled". I love the album, but it would of been perfect if Munky and Fieldy got more time to shine. You couldn't hear Fieldy's bass, Munky never got a good chance to really do something cool. I would of liked it the bass and guitar were tuned up more, and that the synths didn't overpower them.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Korn's flaws

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Playing the same 15 songs every night for an entire tour. It's time for another setlist petition.

Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

2. Re: Korn's flaws

Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM

check out the silent hill track. the biggest turd ever made on earth. korn started putting out filler song that have no guitars and sound like shit. i never got this angry over anything they put out. but that song is just stupid.
    on the other hand i dont understand people hating haze. i think haze is one of their most creative songs. the sound is just unique. 7 string without distortion sounding badass and sick. the silent hill song is with guitars with distortion sounding like pure crap.
    i think jd does not see that it is wrong to release his solo demos and label it KORN.
    My band :)
    www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

3. Re: Korn's flaws

Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Thank you for reviving this. We always need to have one to keep things active.

4. Re: Korn's flaws

Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I love Alone I Break. I hate it when people imply that every single song Korn makes has to be heavy. I can listen to that song and get my emotions out just as well as any mindless metal song. I also love Take a Look in the Mirror, but I know where you're coming from on that point.

My biggest complaint about Korn is where they're heading. KIII was unfortunately overrated. I personally was not impressed with the songwriting on that album at all.. Except for maybe on Trapped Underneath the Stairs, and a little bit on The Past.

Now they're doing a dubstep album.. I know that you're all going to say it's great that they're trying new genres and everything, but on the inside everyone's slowing getting nervous and thinking, "Where are they headed?" I mean, I will always love Korn, and I'll certainly get their new album when it comes out, but as far as dubstep goes.. Well I'd rather just listen to rock.
    ~C'est la vie

5. Re: Korn's flaws

Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Why would anybody want to change anything about Alone I Break? That's one of Korn's best songs. A random heavy breakdown would have ruined it.

Anyways, I thought Korn III and Take A Look in the Mirror were very uninspired albums. They each had some good songs, but overall I was disappointed by them overall.

Newsletter Signup