Replies to This Posting

1. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM

It was a live @ Rock Am Ring on MTV in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oi03O4YHgg

2. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

It was way back in 1997! Back of the science class, one headphone each... Life is peachy, so technically my first song was Twist :)

3. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM

A couple years ago, I had met this girl and she told me to check out Korn and I just brushed it off, I'm kind of lazy lmao, anyway, months later I was in a very uncomfortable mood regarding one of my friends and I was looking online for songs to listen to when you're fustrated and I saw "Twist-Korn" So I listened, my intial thought was "The fuck is this?" after a second listen...well, here I am now haha :D
    I'm the one looking down at you
    I'm the one who's there

4. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

The first KoRn song I heard was Freak on a Leash but I didn't really pay much attention to it at the time. It was was only many months later that I started noticing that I wanted to hear more of their music, so I delved into the dark receses of my mothers music collection and reentered the real world having downloaded See You On THe Other Side and Follow The Leader on my phone. I really liked them then but there were a bunch of other bands I liked better. Then my Dad took me to a KoRn concert for my b-day. When I saw how amazing they are live, I was hooked!!

5. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:45 AM

A guy I went to school with lent me issues back in 99. It was unlike anything I had ever heard. I then went out and got my own copy along with KoRn and life is peachy. Somebody Someone was the song I could relate to the most. Have loved everything they have done ever since!

6. RE: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 30, 2013 at 6:14 AM

When first getting into high school, i heard Freak On a Leash from a friend. At first, i was left with a feeling of indifference as nothing else quite sounded like this. Later that year i heard Thoughtless and found myself loving the sound of it. Gave freak on a leash another, more serious listen, and this time around was amazed by it. I proceeded to go out and bought Take A Look In The Mirror and Untouchables (the latter being my favorite album to date) and those got constant listening time. I then went out to see Korn on the Jagermeister tour and this is what shattered the glass and turned me into a dedicated fan. The pure raw energy of these guys, the massive sound and outstanding performance better than any band i had seen before or since. After this, i purchased every album available and will continue to until these guys are done. I love every album, even the unpopular ones in heads absence, and all the side projects done by the members. At first was kind of iffy on Path Of Totality. it was good, but didnt quite measure up to the other albums put out. After seeing them again and hearing those songs live though, i cant help but love it! Korn is my number one band and i don't see that changing anytime soon. Jonathan's raw yet melodic vocals, munky and heads pure raw assault, fieldy's thumping bass, david and now ray's ability and talent are the perfect breed of music. I had a mini freak out when i heard head was back as the music back with him was on a whole diferent level and i have loved his solo endeavours. Waiting for this new album has me anxious as hell. Keep on rocking guys, i will always suport these guys, no matter what direction they go in.

7. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM

The first KoRn song I ever listened to and remember distinctly was Daddy. Hearing all the emotion and instruments in that song really got me listening to them. Been an avid KoRn fan since 1999. They will forever be a part of my soul that no one can break down. :D

8. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:26 AM

well the first time I heard KoRn , my friend Tommy had the first dvd... so I guess technically I think that Blind may be the first video they show on that dvd... so I've been here from day one just about. The dvd Who Then Now? had me hooked!

9. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

My first song what I heard was Freak on a Leash. This was so good song so I began to listen to KoЯn :) I like the purport of KoЯn songs :)

10. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM

First song I listened to was "A.D.I.D.A.S.". My late cousin had it recorded onto a cassette tape and played it for me about 20-30 times, just continuously. That's when I became a Korn fan; right from that first sweeping, epic chorus.

However, once I saw the video for "Somebody, Someone" on MTV2, I knew I'd be a lifelong fan.

I date my fandom back to 1998/1999. Somewhere around my junior high years.

11. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I believe the first Korn song I had ever heard was "Twist". Listened to it and laughed and thought it was crazy. Oh boy, when I got through that album... xD Played the next song Chi.. and so on. Couldn't stop listening to them. They sounded so unique. Listened to a few other albums and fell in love. c':
    "Holding on I'm lost in a haze
    Fighting life to the end of my days"

12. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I probably heard "Freak On A Leash" somewhere, but one day I was browsing iTunes and happened upon their Gratest Hits Vol.1 (back when I actually liked these) and I thought, "Hmm I keep hearing about these guys" so I tried it out. Later I found it in a Barnes & Noble and sampled it again for a while to make sure it was good, then bought it. Later on I bought Follow The Leader and so it began...

13. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM

the first korn song i listened to was MR Rogers what motivated me was my friend trey witch was always a fan of korn

14. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:43 AM

The first Korn song I heard was Here To Stay and I remember seeing this video and thinking OMG this is amazing!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4wWDlHf_Ps

But the main thing that actually got me into Korn was the Queen of the Damned stuff that JD did. I remember hearing those songs Lestat was singing and thinking that I really like that guys voice. I later found out it was JD from Korn and started listening to all of their albums after that.

Been a fan ever since!

15. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Back in 1997 I saw the 'A.D.I.D.A.S.' and thought it was pretty cool. I was ten years old at the time, and thought the old schoolyard acronym was clever. I started to like Korn, but Follow the Leader really upped the ante for me the following year. Then came Untouchables in 2002. The entire album became the soundtrack to my life and that just sealed the deal; Korn have been my favourite band since.

16. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM

My first one was "Falling Away From Me" and I`ll never forget the feelings I had, while the intro blew me away.

17. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Korn's First album I got on an old recorded cassette from a friend at school and he was all like "ahh you gotta hear this" so i took it home cranked it up and on came the sound of "ARE YOU READY?"...That was in 97' and shortly after i went and got hold of "Peachy". Been a fan ever since and i can honestly say this band have changed and helped shape my life for the better, without them as a release i would be so more fucked up than I'am. I just cannot waait for the new album!!!

18. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 1:55 AM

My dad just installed Kazaa or Lime Wire and asked if there was any music I wanted. So assuming MTV played music I turned it on they had their top hits of the week thing and KoRn with Here to Stay was on the charts along with The Vines I believe. I had my dad download both songs. I really liked Here to Stay so my parents and I went to FYE later that week and I had them get me Untouchables. For the first year or so I didn't listen to it that much because Make Believe was too heavy for me at the time and I never got past it. Year later I listened past it and OMG I became hooked. I asked my buddy if he listened to KoRn and he told me to get Follow The Leader, Self Titled and Life is Peachy. Life is Peachy was out and at this time Take A Look in the Mirror was just released so I skipped that as well. I also picked up KoRn Live because I was going to visit my friend and would bring it along to show him. About a week or so after listening to all of that I went back and bough TALITM and Life is Peachy. I have been Day 1 on them since.

19. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  20. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I'm not totally sure about this but I remember watching the Freak On A Leash video a long time ago when MTV actually played good music but before that I think I heard Twist before seeing that video, either way, that video got me fucking HOOKED for life.

Newsletter Signup