Replies to This Posting

1. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Blind I was def hooked after that!! they r friken amazing and i love ALL there music even the new stuff that jdevil is doing.

2. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

First song I heard was B,B,K, when a friend lent me the CD, my mind was blown and I was hooked from then on. XD

3. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:14 AM

GOT THE LIFE WAS MY FIRST X-POSURE. THE TIME WAS 92 I JUST GOT REL.ASED BY THE US NAVY JUST AFTER OUR 48 HOUR WAR . ANYWAY I WAS REALLY CONFUSED AND MESSED UP BEING STATIONED OVERSEAS. WHEN I GOT HOME TO PORLAND OREGON WHEN I HEARD THE SONG I THOUGHT JON DAVIS WAS SAYING. GODS A LIE. I CONTINUED IN MY SELF MADE MISERY AND TRIED TO TAKE MY LIFE 4 TIMES. IN TIME KORNS SONGS BECOME SOMEWHAT THERAPY BECAUSE I COULD NOT GO ANYWHERE FOR THE DEPRESSION. FEAR OF MY ABILITIES WOULD NOT BE RECOGNIZED, THEY WOULD ONLY SEE A BROKEN SPIRIT. ISTARTED READING THE WORDS, THE WORDS HAVE DEEP MEANING. I REALLY BELIEVE KORN HAS AT LEAST ONE SONG IN THEIR COLLECTION THAT EVERYONE ONE THE FACE OF THE WORLD CAN RELATE TO. THANKS FOR READING. ONE MORE THING B-4 I GO JON DAVIS CAN KICK THE ****OUT OF MARILYN!!!

4. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Todd The Turtle wrote:
    Once i saw david silverias drumming i was instantly hooked. Hence me being a drummer ;)

Haha that's awesome! David is amazing, and he's really good on that track especially.

Neckromorph wrote:
    Mine was Dead Bodies Everywhere. When I first heard it, it scared me, yet I loved it. It has that feeling of creepiness and dread, which is what I love about Korn. Even to this day it gives me the chills listening to it. I loved it so much I listened to a few more after that, which led me to buying Follow The Leader (my favorite album), which then led to me buying the rest of the albums over time.
    Oh gosh yes, that track gives me chills every damn time. When it hits the bridge ... oh man.

makemebad_ wrote:
    My mom used to listen to Life Is Peachy all the time when I was little. But, when I fully got into Korn, it was Twisted Transistor that did it.
    Lol damn, Life is Peachy of all albums ... your mom sounds pretty awesome.

--------

Alright, for me, I'm not gonna lie I was such a noob at first. So my whole life, music was never a huge thing for me. I liked some video game music, like in Sonic games, those soundtracks have always been great. So here I am, 2010, getting into EARLY Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I'm still musically retarded at this point, I literally didn't even know Chester was screaming, because he can harmonize at the same time so I didn't really catch that it was aggressive, even though it was. I just thought it sounded cool because of the vocal grain. And I'll be honest, I really liked the merging of hip-hop vibe with hard rock ... and I still do, I absolutely adore that combo, there's a reason it got popular folks, it takes hard rock's repetitiveness and fixes it, and throws out all of the crap for hip-hop too.

So okay. Linkin Park's pretty cool. I'm a nerd, I do research on wikipedia. They're this weird genre called "nü metal." Huh, that's kinda neat. Other nü metal bands ... Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit. Okay yeah I've heard of Slipknot. So I start listening to some of the stuff ... needless to say, I had to do a reverse; listen to their 3rd (Vol. 3) and 4th (All Hope Is Gone) albums before progressing to their 1st (Slipknot), then finally 2nd (Iowa), which even to this day is a bit too heavy for me. Well, by this time I'm realizing wow okay I'm getting into heavy stuff, that's interesting. But I was noticing other heavy bands ... the reason I didn't like them was because their vocalists SUCKED HUGE BALLS. The reason these other heavy bands got popular is because their vocalists can actually harmonize and sing, not just scream.

Well, I'm listening to a lot of Linkin Park and Slipknot. I decide one day to check out Korn ... I ask one of my friends about them. He doesn't know much but he says "this track Freak on a Leash is really popular. You should listen to it." Well, I did. I thought it was retarded. Yeah, I said it... I thought it was retarded. I was getting into it, until the bridge where he went into the scatting and I was like "okay what the hell just happened." I closed my mind to Korn for a long time. I looked up The Path of Totality at some point just to see what they had done, because to me, Korn is the last artist still doing nü metal, and as a fan I had to see what they did with dubstep. Not bad but it didn't catch me, yet.

Finally, I was in my "let's explore weird music" mood one night. I go on Spotify and find Korn. Well, I'm the type who doesn't browse singles, I listen to entire albums, preferably from the oldest to newest. I heard Blind and I was like holy shit, that song was incredible. Gritty, barely produced, but 100% followable. So awesome. Then I found out the rest of the album was like that ... sure, none as pure win as Blind, but seriously, I was amazed at Korn at this point. They are so FREAKY yet still completely listenable, groovy, and CATCHY. I don't even know how they balance this. For a long time I reveled at some of Slipknot's creepy songs, like, wow this is so cool how it's creepy music! But it's not catchy. Well Korn wins the "creepy but still catchy" award. Needless to say, I was thrilled by all of their albums; well, except Untitled. I can really dig an artist who switches every album up just a bit ... not enough to feel awkward but not so little you feel they aren't artists.

While I love 9/10 of their albums, I must say I do *prefer* their old sound, just because it was so gritty, dark, and moody. They are very versatile artists though, able to juggle catchy, slightly poppy songs like Coming Undone and able to delve into complete creepiness like Helmet in the Bush ... or do anything in-between ... without any of it feeling forced.

So needless to say, I'm a late adopter. My gosh what I was missing out on. Korn is amazing. Literally the only thing I don't like about the band is that they curse excessively, and I wish Head and David were still around. That's it.

5. eva avatar eva

Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Like most, I had heard Freak on a Leash, watched the music video a lot and dug it. Then I got really into Somebody Someone and Blind, but once I heard Shoots and Ladders I was like MAN, this band, THIS BAND. Then I smashed my piggy bank and went out a bought a collection of their CDs.

6. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM

It was not the first time that I heard korn but what got me really in to them was...
    Divine and Blind

qqq

7. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:32 AM

The 1st song I heard by them was "Coming Undone", it was a live performance back in '05 I think. I liked the song so I looked up their discography and started listening to the 1st self titled album and became a Korn fan instantly.
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs35/f/2008/292/c/3/Korn_sig_by_Redpyramidhead.jpg

8. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Word up, i liked it! It took me a while to listen the whole Greatest Hits but the atmosphere hit me... So i would say the other worldy atmosphere :)
    Everything is wrong everytime

9. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Falling away from me on a amv on youtube

10. eva avatar eva

Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Word Up! can't really be considered a KoRn song, can it? Since it's a cover and all.

11. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Clown was the first Korn song I heard, I remember the day I heard as well as that day my father beat the shit out of me to the point that I almost needed to go to a hospital. So when I heard this song it told me that there were other people out there who are also in pain, it was not just me. That is when I became a Korn fan.

12. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I first heard Freak on a leash when I was a kid (not sure what age :P) and I have loved their unique sound and great music ever since!! :)

13. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I've Seen All The Korn Videos for all the songs they've ever done but it wasn't till mid 1999 that I ended up seeing the video for Freak On A Leash and thats when It signaled me to officially become a Korn fan and so I ended up getting the End Of Days Soundtrack and Korn was on there and they did Camel Song as soon as I heard Camel Song then around Late 1999 I ended up getting Issues and I played It to death at Full Blast!! then I ended up getting the rest of Korn's other albums starting with self-titled from 1994 in January 2000 then follow the leader from 1998 and then life is peachy and then rest of the albums that came out from there The rest Is history.
    W00f.

14. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM

"daniel_1995: The first song I heard was Blind, I never heard anything like it, and thats what got me hooked on KoRn."

Same.

\m/(-_-)\m/ Loathing/Exploding/Controlling \m/(-_-)\m/

15. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

It was Somebody Someone for me.
    All i wanna do is kill you

16. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Shoot & Ladders when I was 10 years old back in 1994. I didn't become a super fan until the Issues era though.

17. Moderator

Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Blind...the song was so different for the time...it was new and fresh and these boys were from MY hometown. What more could you want in a band?!
    Moderator, Korn.com/JDevil.com
    Administrator, KillbotOfficial.com

Administrator/Co-founder of KornRow.com

18. JJ avatar JJ

Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Did my time!

19. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Freak on a leash was my first song i heard from them my mommy got me into them they are just so different from everyone and its amazing to be such a long time korn fan after all these years korn has never disappointed me there music is pure passionate and truthful
    KornHivGurl

20. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 5:24 AM

The moment I became a KoRn fan was back when Freak On A Leash was on MTV and I watched it for the first time and I was like wtf? is he(Jon) beat boxing? Thats bad fuckin ass so after that I got hooked instantly so I did my research on them and bought Issues when it came out and eventually there first 2 albums and got every one of them since, The thing I loved is the emotion Jonathan puts in his music u can tell it comes from the heart, The other band members they do there thing they play with heart and there songs I can realate to and once I bought there Deuce DvD I watched it all the time and really got to know them better I know Ill be a KoRn fan for life no doubt ARE U READY!!!!!

Newsletter Signup