Replies to This Posting

1. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Freak on a leash was my first song i heard from them my mommy got me into them they are just so different from everyone and its amazing to be such a long time korn fan after all these years korn has never disappointed me there music is pure passionate and truthful
    KornHivGurl

2. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 5:24 AM

The moment I became a KoRn fan was back when Freak On A Leash was on MTV and I watched it for the first time and I was like wtf? is he(Jon) beat boxing? Thats bad fuckin ass so after that I got hooked instantly so I did my research on them and bought Issues when it came out and eventually there first 2 albums and got every one of them since, The thing I loved is the emotion Jonathan puts in his music u can tell it comes from the heart, The other band members they do there thing they play with heart and there songs I can realate to and once I bought there Deuce DvD I watched it all the time and really got to know them better I know Ill be a KoRn fan for life no doubt ARE U READY!!!!!

3. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM

i first checked out korns first disk way back when they opened for ozzy on his retirement sucks tour. i was at that show in rochester LIFE OF AGONY was also with emive been hooked sence. i believe that was 94 or 95

4. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Freak on A Leash was the first song I heard, like many, and I was immediately hooked. I was beautiful to me in a way nobody could understand.

5. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM

97 I saw them on a channel that is no longer around called much music. they were hosting a show called loud at the time. it came on around 11 pm c here. and they played all their videos that night. first one I saw was shoots and ladders followed by adidas then no place to hide. my mind was blown out one side to the other. I had just moved to the states 4 years prior spent most my life on military bases over seas. afn (armed forces network) was not very up to date still not that advanced. so all this was new to me as a 13 year old boy who at the time only actually lived in his home country for 4 years that he could remember. trying to catch up on western culture. and I have stuck by favorite band ever since.
    I like my coffee black just like my metal

6. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM

When I saw them at Strand in Providence RI opening for House of Pain/Biohazard/Gravediggaz - blown away, believe the debut wasnt even out yet came out shortly thereafter

Really took off to a new level after meeting them in 2005 outside the Worcester Centrum while opening for Ozzy, everyone was so cool..except for David! Invited us to come with them to the next tour stop in Washington

7. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:37 AM

STRUCK wrote:
    i first checked out korns first disk way back when they opened for ozzy on his retirement sucks tour. i was at that show in rochester LIFE OF AGONY was also with emive been hooked sence. i believe that was 94 or 95

Great tour that was 95, LOA was going behind "Ugly" and Korn was riding the end of the touring for the debut while heading in for Peachy

8. RE: What was the first Ko������¯n u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:22 AM

I was at school back in '99 and there was a girl who I thought was cool, she had KoRn-logo drawn on her pencilcase and she played 'Blind' from tape with her headphones and I liked the atmosphere in it. I didn't even really listen to any music before that, except for Nirvana. There was no recordstore in my town, but the next time I went to nearby city I bought 'Follow the Leader'. I was a huge fan of Spawn comic and I saw right away that the cover is done by the same artist who drew Spawn :) I went home and at first I thought there was something wrong with the CD and I was like Fuck this! just my luck! and was going to return the CD, but then I noticed on the back cover the first track is 13. and the KoRn was on! The next time I went to recordstore, I bought S/T album and iSsuEs that had just come out and searched for the lyrics to the songs from the internet. It was their unique sound and the lyrics that made me become a fan. I was pretty depressed back in those days and their music helped. I grew my hair long and started using eyeliner, and some people started to yell stuff like: "Faget!" :)

9. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, May 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM

the First Song that got me Hooked on Korn was "Good God" from the Life is Peachy Cd.. when i First heard Jonathan Davis' Voice Scream, "Why don't you get the Fuck outta my Face"... my Jaw freakin' Dropped and i was Addicted right there!.. KORNFREAKSUNITED

10. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Was the first two albums. A friend got me into them, so I decided to pick up a couple CDs and those were the two I got. This was around the time the Freak on a Leash and Got the Life videos came out, so I got Follow the Leader as well, and eventually Issues after that, which was after seeing the Halloween episode of South Park that year.

11. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM

first song i listened to was Right Now from TALITM, which is the last album with Head in it to date (apart from the one thats coming out now :P)
    Ryan Farrow

12. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM

It was a live @ Rock Am Ring on MTV in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oi03O4YHgg

13. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

It was way back in 1997! Back of the science class, one headphone each... Life is peachy, so technically my first song was Twist :)

14. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM

A couple years ago, I had met this girl and she told me to check out Korn and I just brushed it off, I'm kind of lazy lmao, anyway, months later I was in a very uncomfortable mood regarding one of my friends and I was looking online for songs to listen to when you're fustrated and I saw "Twist-Korn" So I listened, my intial thought was "The fuck is this?" after a second listen...well, here I am now haha :D
    I'm the one looking down at you
    I'm the one who's there

15. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

The first KoRn song I heard was Freak on a Leash but I didn't really pay much attention to it at the time. It was was only many months later that I started noticing that I wanted to hear more of their music, so I delved into the dark receses of my mothers music collection and reentered the real world having downloaded See You On THe Other Side and Follow The Leader on my phone. I really liked them then but there were a bunch of other bands I liked better. Then my Dad took me to a KoRn concert for my b-day. When I saw how amazing they are live, I was hooked!!

16. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:45 AM

A guy I went to school with lent me issues back in 99. It was unlike anything I had ever heard. I then went out and got my own copy along with KoRn and life is peachy. Somebody Someone was the song I could relate to the most. Have loved everything they have done ever since!

17. RE: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 30, 2013 at 6:14 AM

When first getting into high school, i heard Freak On a Leash from a friend. At first, i was left with a feeling of indifference as nothing else quite sounded like this. Later that year i heard Thoughtless and found myself loving the sound of it. Gave freak on a leash another, more serious listen, and this time around was amazed by it. I proceeded to go out and bought Take A Look In The Mirror and Untouchables (the latter being my favorite album to date) and those got constant listening time. I then went out to see Korn on the Jagermeister tour and this is what shattered the glass and turned me into a dedicated fan. The pure raw energy of these guys, the massive sound and outstanding performance better than any band i had seen before or since. After this, i purchased every album available and will continue to until these guys are done. I love every album, even the unpopular ones in heads absence, and all the side projects done by the members. At first was kind of iffy on Path Of Totality. it was good, but didnt quite measure up to the other albums put out. After seeing them again and hearing those songs live though, i cant help but love it! Korn is my number one band and i don't see that changing anytime soon. Jonathan's raw yet melodic vocals, munky and heads pure raw assault, fieldy's thumping bass, david and now ray's ability and talent are the perfect breed of music. I had a mini freak out when i heard head was back as the music back with him was on a whole diferent level and i have loved his solo endeavours. Waiting for this new album has me anxious as hell. Keep on rocking guys, i will always suport these guys, no matter what direction they go in.

18. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM

The first KoRn song I ever listened to and remember distinctly was Daddy. Hearing all the emotion and instruments in that song really got me listening to them. Been an avid KoRn fan since 1999. They will forever be a part of my soul that no one can break down. :D

19. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:26 AM

well the first time I heard KoRn , my friend Tommy had the first dvd... so I guess technically I think that Blind may be the first video they show on that dvd... so I've been here from day one just about. The dvd Who Then Now? had me hooked!

20. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

My first song what I heard was Freak on a Leash. This was so good song so I began to listen to KoЯn :) I like the purport of KoЯn songs :)

Get the latest from Korn!