Replies to This Posting

1. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

My friend played shoots and ladders in his car one day many years ago and i was hooked from then on

2. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM

My mom used to listen to Life Is Peachy all the time when I was little. But, when I fully got into Korn, it was Twisted Transistor that did it.

3. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM

makemebad_ wrote:
    My mom used to listen to Life Is Peachy all the time when I was little. But, when I fully got into Korn, it was Twisted Transistor that did it.

wooow your mom is greaat ! \m/

4. ANG avatar ANG

Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 7:34 AM

I heard OF them in 94, but never really heard their material, but I was intrigued and was a fan without really hearing them...it wasn't till 96 when a friends brother was like you listen to rock stuff right?? You HAVE TO HEAR THIS....and he played "Shoots & Ladders" I was hooked from that moment on!

5. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM

twist in '97 I instantly became a fan and have been since. The lyrics and the singer are what motivates me the most but I love their sound as well, even when they switch it up and make shit different. That right there keeps me listening. I'm not big on bands that keep going with the same sound all the time.

6. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 9:14 PM

In 2005 93x (the local rock station) played See You On the Other Side as part of their Sunday Night CD Download series in which they play entire albums at 10 pm on Sundays. I listened to it and thought it was some pretty cool music. The next day, I downloaded all of their albums and listened to the first 2. I really liked them and was hooked ever since.

7. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Back in like 04 - 05' I heard 'Freak on a Leash', I decided to look up the band and I instantly became hooked. However, I only had a burnt CD with pretty much all of their singles on it. A few months later I would start to discover other amazing songs.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

8. AJ* avatar AJ*

Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I first heard "Dirty" and liked it a lot. I was (and still am) a big Prince fan and that song had a Prince vibe with a hard rock edge to it.
    "The creative person is both more primitive and more cultivated, more destructive, a lot madder and a lot saner, than the average person." - Frank Barron

9. Re: What was the first KoRn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM

The first song I heard was "Did my time". It was 6 years ago. Such music was unusual for me, but very soon i became listen their songs more often.
    And now i adore almost all their songs. It's something amazing it makes me strong.

10. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 5:11 AM

the first time i heard about korn, was this summer (2011) at the tv. there was a live tv broadcast from the
    festival: rock am ring - the biggest rock festival in germany!!! i hear all kinds of music, jazz, funk, rock etc.
    korn was very big suprise for me!! what a fantastic band!!!

11. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:02 PM

First time I heard them was on a free music cd in 95 which had 'Fake' on it. Now here I am...still flying the flag for Korn =D

...be yourself, let you come through...

12. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:20 PM

i remember my brother letting me hear Shoots and Ladders in 1996 (i was 7 or 8), but i didn't get hooked until 1999 when i heard It's On!

13. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I'm pretty sure the first song I ever heard was off of Follow the Leader. My dad use to be a KoRn fan and I remember seeing the cd case laying around when I was a wee child. I was too young to remember any of the songs back then but I could never forget the CD case.The first song I do remember hearing though was Did My Time shortly after Take A Look In The Mirror came out.

14. Moderator

Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:40 AM

When I heard about this new band, Korn, and found out they were from home...I was hooked. It was 'Blind' for me...I was stationed in Utah from late 1992 - mid 1995...I had never heard anything like it. X96, the Salt Lake City radio station would play it frequently. It was like listening to punk combined with something else, like a funk. I remember thinking that it was coolest shit I'd heard and there was nothing else that even sounded close to it.
    Josie

15. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 6:36 AM

The first KoRn song i heard was either A.D.I.D.A.S. or Ya'll Want a Single (i think it was A.D.I.D.A.S. and i just heard someone singing Ya'll want a Single lol) and the first video i saw was Right Now ... i was hooked from day one =D

16. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM

The first song I heard was ADIDAS, a friend of mine in High school used to listen to it all the time. And his annoying girlfriend started singing it...all the time. Because of that I never wanted to listen to Korn because it reminded me of her and I really didn't care for her. Then a few years later I got their greatest hits CD and became addicted. Did My Time is the one song that really got me hooked. And I realized that I should have never let that annoying girl influence my music LOL.

17. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM

the MTV unplugged CD....yeah.

18. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I was a newborn when I first heard Korn, so I have no idea what the first song I heard was ;) However, it was in 1996, so of course it was either from self-titled or LiP.. And when I was like four years old I remember singing along to Blind when my dad was listening to it.
    ~C'est la vie

19. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM

In 99 i was like 9 and in 4th grade. So when I saw a metal band use a cartoon for a music video I loved it! Then I saw the blind video from woodstock and saw what they did to the crowd. It made them my favorite band and its never changed
    Look at you all I see, Is a man to afraid to really be

20. Re: What was the first KoЯn u listened to and/or what motivated u to become a KoRn fan.

Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM

"97" Blind. Car....mirror cracking.......
    "DEAL WITH IT"

Get the latest from Korn!