HEAD & MUNKY

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 6:20 PM

When you see that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38AU079ZSqA&feature=related
what do you think ?

Head was great and Munky was too. Becaus' it was always like that : a good competition between us. They grew up together, that's why they were like brothers....

Listen now to Head sound and Munky sound (Fear and the Nervous system) : Have you noticed that it was like the sound of Head missed somethin' and the sound of Munky missed somethin' (and KoRn actual sound too, for sure)...? Those two guys have to be together, that's a fact.

I'm pretty sure that one day this two guys will made a group together.

I hope Head back to KoRn too, really, and David. Caus' of this too : Munk and Head are an alchemy, and Fieldy, Jon, David, Head, Munk too. That's how it works. Whe David was here and Head left, they were 4, but it wasn't the same... No ? They try to replace Head with keyboards...

In this video, Munky said "and Head will do the keyboards sound with the melody..." or somethin' like that... ;)

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: HEAD & MUNKY

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I think Head should just rejoin Korn. I understand that Head is out doing his own thing right now, but I would like for them to settle their differences and play together again. I want to hear some more killer riffs.

At the very least, have Munky select a replacement guitarist.

2. Re: HEAD & MUNKY

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I remember the day I found out Head left, I thought I got punched in the chest.

Head was a hero of mine when I was younger.

I do hope they do some kind of (monster) reunion tour or something.

Dan
    I Will Never Run Away
    Places Inside
    My Heart Screams Inside With Pride

3. Re: HEAD & MUNKY

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM

dan_davis wrote:
    I remember the day I found out Head left, I thought I got punched in the chest.

Head was a hero of mine when I was younger.

I do hope they do some kind of (monster) reunion tour or something.

Dan
    I Will Never Run Away
    Places Inside
    My Heart Screams Inside With Pride

Ahah me too ! And I was so sad. Because a member of my second family was gone, that was hard.
    And during months, I was like : did they're goin' to broke up ? Where's Head now ? What my life will be il all the guys aren't here ? I was very sad. So imagine when David left... Those guys are like my brothers...

My mother said to me : what happen ? You're looking so sad ? I've said to her what happened. And during those days, she said to me : I see that what happen with KoRn affects you... But don't worry, he's not dead, and KoRn will be here for a long time, and perhaps he will come back !

That was really cool that my mother said that. Thanx Mom ! And after I was like : oooh what if a member die ? ahaha ! But it helps me really.

I have calendars of the group, and I picked the one where Head was alone, and today, it's the same picture ! Since that, I've never pick another one ! ahah

For the guitarist, as I said in the topic "should KoRn replace Head", I think the only one could be Wes Borland, or... Ryan Shuck...

But the only thing that I want is to Head & David came back !

4. Re: HEAD & MUNKY

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Fieldy, in Who Then Now, say's, "Head is still, like, the highest talent in the band." He was killing that Van Halen. Anyway, I think the two of them were amazing together, and only great as solo guitarists. Anytime you have a band with two guitarists the sound is more vibrant and rich, like chocolate pudding with oreos in it. Now, if you eat this chocalatey goodness for a while and all of sudden it is just oreos or pudding, you're like, damn. It still might be good, wonderful even, but it isn't the same.
    mlukec

5. Re: HEAD & MUNKY

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM

mlukec wrote:
    Fieldy, in Who Then Now, say's, "Head is still, like, the highest talent in the band." He was killing that Van Halen. Anyway, I think the two of them were amazing together, and only great as solo guitarists. Anytime you have a band with two guitarists the sound is more vibrant and rich, like chocolate pudding with oreos in it. Now, if you eat this chocalatey goodness for a while and all of sudden it is just oreos or pudding, you're like, damn. It still might be good, wonderful even, but it isn't the same.
    mlukec

Yep I think too. Head is the most talented, but everyone in this band, all were (and are) good. Fieldy with the bass kick ass, david on drums too, munky too, and Jon... Caus' all together they are optimal. The alchemy is total. And they learn and take an evolution all together. Today, it's good, but it's not the same, the sound is different. As if components of a machine were lost and then, this machine doesn't really work anymore. Still works, but different.

And as you say, I think that 2 guitarists are optimal for a group, and the perfect number for a group is 5 : 1 drum, 1 bass, two guitars, one singer.

6. Re: HEAD & MUNKY

Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM

No joke. Hey listen both are 7 string legends, They created a new sound and between them; they are ying and yang. It needs to be done. Come home, make music and make us all happy. Munky btw, you used to have a red guitar. It was the sexiest Ibanez I've ever seen but yet never seen you live or video playing it? You still have it because I'll trade you. I've got a couple nice old universes.. smiley face.. anything with white hardware make for an exceptional guitar.

Get the latest from Korn!