The Path to Totality

Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I'm so excited to hear the new album! It's being released on November 15 which is four days before my birthday. What have you guys heard about it so far?
~C'est la vie

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: The Path to Totality

    Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:11 PM

    IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

  2. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:26 AM

    lol im not hatin on them, it's not like i'm not going to listen to the album because of the name. im just joking around. im just wondering who comes up with these weird names. im still super stoked for the new album. i judge by the sound!
    Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
    my korn banner

  3. Moderator

    Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:42 PM

    d1rtytr@sh wrote:
    Interesting name, makes me wonder what it's supposed to mean, which makes me even more curious and more excited about it! Which, I didn't think that could happen but yeah, wow. Great name. Still it has me pondering. What does it mean?! What does it mean?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!! lols.

    Here are some confirmed title tracks:
    - "Burn the Obedient"
    - "Illuminati"
    - "Kill Mercy Within"
    - "Narcissistic Cannibal"
    - "Chaos Lives in Everything"
    - "Get Up!" (single)

    I can't fucking wait. Need now like a rockstar needs monsters. hehe. ;)
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

    pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"


    JD said in the chat that "the path to totality is the road you have to take to see a full eclipse of the sun"
    Josie

  4. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:10 PM

    I'm excited. People need to quit bitching about the song titles. They're different and most likely an indication of a fresh, unique sound for this era. Reminds me of when I saw the tracklisting for Untitled. Korn are indeed playing on "Get Up!", even Ray, so don't say it's all computerized. Look up drum triggers and educate yourself.

  5. Re: The Path to Totality

    Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM

    Josie wrote:
    d1rtytr@sh wrote:
    Interesting name, makes me wonder what it's supposed to mean, which makes me even more curious and more excited about it! Which, I didn't think that could happen but yeah, wow. Great name. Still it has me pondering. What does it mean?! What does it mean?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!! lols.

    Here are some confirmed title tracks:
    - "Burn the Obedient"
    - "Illuminati"
    - "Kill Mercy Within"
    - "Narcissistic Cannibal"
    - "Chaos Lives in Everything"
    - "Get Up!" (single)

    I can't fucking wait. Need now like a rockstar needs monsters. hehe. ;)
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

    pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"


    JD said in the chat that "the path to totality is the road you have to take to see a full eclipse of the sun"
    Josie


    Still it has me pondering. What does it mean?! What does it mean?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!! lols.

    I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so, I have to have it spelled out for me. I don't get it. Maybe it'll be more clearer once the album is in my greedy paws.
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

    pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"

  6. Re: The Path to Totality

    Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM

    JDM wrote:
    I'm excited. People need to quit bitching about the song titles. They're different and most likely an indication of a fresh, unique sound for this era. Reminds me of when I saw the tracklisting for Untitled. Korn are indeed playing on "Get Up!", even Ray, so don't say it's all computerized. Look up drum triggers and educate yourself.


    Nobody is bitching about the song titles, just pointing out that it's an unusual style for Korn (and that's not a bad thing either). Don't see how that translates into "these songs aren't going to be as good because they sound weird". I'm excited for this album and think it'll sound great.

  7. Re: The Path to Totality

    Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM

    I don't think the song titles sound relatively weird, because Korn has always been weird anyway. It's interesting seeing everyone's thoughts on this, though.

    I agree about the album title.. I don't like it very much, but I'm not judging it based on that.
    ~C'est la vie

  8. Re: The Path to Totality

    Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:31 PM

    The Path to Totality


    hmm
    This is a tricky one...

    Maybe, it's about a journey?
    Like, in a symbolic manner, you know?
    Like, it means "We're approaching a state of wholeness"?

    I dunno man
    want a sticker?
    ----------------------------------------------


    Stop reading my signature.




    I mean it

  9. Re: The Path to Totality

    Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:31 PM

    I want simple non thought out names that are easier for my feeble mind to process.
    -----------------------------------------

  10. Re: The Path to Totality

    Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:50 PM

    I feel like that's too much to ask for, personally. I just want a sticker.
    ...

  11. Re: The Path to Totality

    Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:46 PM

    It's gonna be dope. I know it

  12. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:31 AM

    Path of Totality is the proper form; Path to Totality doesn't make any sense and JD probably (hopefully) typed it that way in the chat without thinking. I have no doubt the music will be amazing, but I believe Path of Totality > The Path to Totality. Better acronym: POT. Who can disagree with that? And Path of Totality is factually and grammatically correct anyway. It makes sense like "Pop a Pill" being released as a single... oops, nevermind...

  13. Re: The Path to Totality

    Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM

    I'm sure it will be good, Korn always puts out great stuff.

  14. Re: The Path to Totality

    Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM

    Ashie wrote:
    I'm sure it will be good, Korn always puts out great stuff.



    ...

    -----------------------------------------

  15. Re: The Path to Totality

    Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM

    I've heard multiple things about it but I really don't give a F U C K KoRn is the best fucking band out there anything they make is going to be fucking amazing I'll be shopping Nov. 15 bitches ^-^

  16. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:36 AM

    There's one thing I've been wondering about. It seems that only JD is so outspoken about the album and enthusiastic about it. Sometimes I get the impression that this new direction was somehow imposed by Jon on the whole band. I know it's rather improbable (if only he insisted, then he could just launch a project of his own), but still I can't shake that impression off. What do you guys think?

  17. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:38 AM

    i heard it was getting released Dec. 6th .. Nov 15th is my birthday so that makes it so much more awesome its getting released that day instead. im excited for the new album but im not too sur how i feel about the dubstep.

  18. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM

    Rogoza88 wrote:
    There's one thing I've been wondering about. It seems that only JD is so outspoken about the album and enthusiastic about it. Sometimes I get the impression that this new direction was somehow imposed by Jon on the whole band. I know it's rather improbable (if only he insisted, then he could just launch a project of his own), but still I can't shake that impression off. What do you guys think?


    This.

    I get the vibe this is really a JD techno album. I hope I am wrong. But yeah JD is so excited yet I have not heard a peep from the others. I don't want to hear drum triggers but real straight up playing. But that is just me. ;)

    After hearing Head's first single I am looking more forward to that. You totally hear that low A string and those weird "Faggot and Falling away from me" riffed out chords . Sorry guys I just need 7 string down a whole step guitars and a real band album.

    Yeah it is cool they have the FU money to experiment. But I have a feeling this is going to be like Metallica's "St. Anger". They experimented and deviated from the formula and IMO (being a die hard Met fan) was epic phail. They did somewhat redeem themselves with Death Magnetic

    I will listen to it of course but don't have high hopes for it. I hope we hear 7 string low A buzz riffs. I probably am the only one that thought Korn III was great. Totally had the old vibe and tone of munky using a Marshall and the "Bigger Muff PI" pedal they used on the first two records. JMO :)

    www.seanydiesel.com
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

  19. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:13 PM

    I will listen to it of course but don't have high hopes for it. I hope we hear 7 string low A buzz riffs. I probably am the only one that thought Korn III was great. Totally had the old vibe and tone of munky using a Marshall and the "Bigger Muff PI" pedal they used on the first two records. JMO :)

    i actually loved the Korn III Album i listened to it non stop for almost a week...i really hope they have another one like that again. it def brought back the old school korn sound

  20. Re: The Path to Totality

    Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:34 PM

    Hi All,


    On the second page of the press release, Munky say's he couldn't wait to get to the studio and finish the songs and if you Google Fieldy and The Path of Totality you get a video of Revolver interviewing Fieldy. In this interview, at the end, Fieldy talks about the whole new sound. He sounds excited. Neither one is all, love it, love it, gush, but they don't sound like it was forced on them. JD was the last member in Korn ('cept Ray, but I'm talking Original 5), so I don't think he runs the show like Billy Corgan or something. Come on November 12th and December 6th.



    mlukec

Get the latest from Korn!