Korns 20th anniversary

Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 11:11 PM

ok so i have remained an optimist this hole time, but does anyone think there is even a small possibility that Head and David might come back to record a 20 year anniversary album. even if its a one time thing. i mean i know Heads issues with korn, but everyone is sober pretty much (i dont know about Munky or David that much) but Fieldy and Head have worked on music since Head departed. anyways, should i just take my head out of the fucking clouds? or does anyone else think there might be a small possibility?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM

In Fieldy's book Got the Life he mentions the band being completely sober...so Munky and Ray are Sober as well, im not sure about David though either.
    I dont see Head returning as a permanent part of the band again. Ive heard him in interviews say he would consider opening for KoRn, but he would have to meet up with all the guys again first.
    I dont think its too absurd to think a reunion, in some form, could happen.

"you see beauty, I see pain, you see sky, and I see acid rain"

2. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I'd like to see Korn inducted into the music hall of fame for their 20th anniversary! :-)
    "DEAL WITH IT"

3. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM

that would be sweet, and i dont expect head to become a permanent member again, but i think itd be cool if they did a couple songs or an album.
    Trapped inside me for all time

4. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I don't think it's gonna happen. I would love to see Korn perform with Head again. I don't think Korn needs David to return though. And since Ray is officially Korn's drummer now it (while Head has not officially been replaced) it seems they feel the same way about that matter. Besides, Ray is a way better drummer than David ever was anyway.
    So I would love to see Korn play a 20th anniversary show with Head on guitar and Ray on drums. That would be my ultimate lineup. Of course if they wanna record albums in that lineup that would be killer as well, but I think we would even be lucky if they play one show like that anyway.

5. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Head doesn't want to come back, unfortunately. David is unknown. Probably abducted by aliens.

6. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:57 PM

That would be pretty awesome. But, I have to agree with Jeroen.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

7. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Who is David?

8. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:50 PM

It would be nice to see all of them re-unite for just one more album with the original members. I bet it would turn out really good but the chance of it happening might be more slim than we know. If they put their differences aside and just play music like they used to, it would turn out great. I'm optimistic that it COULD happen someday, ya just never know. I'm not saying that Ray has to step down permanently, only for one album but, David was good back in the day. Who knows really? I just want the band happy with what they're doing and I'm pretty sure they are. I seem to roll with the choices they make all the time because they're professionals and I trust them. Why fix something that isn't broke, ya know?
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"

9. Re: Korns 20th anniversary

Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I was hoping that Korn would release a music video dvd on their 20th anniversary. Really, they never published for home viewing their videos after 2002. I totally wish David and Head would join Korn for like some huge show in Bako or something, broadcast over the world, but my hopes aren't very high. I'm just looking at things realistically. Head hasn't talked to the band I think since he left really, that's what it said in Fieldy's book. David- well, he'd need to get back in shape, he hasn't drummed since he left either. I think it's all a little childish, how 5 adults can't get together and talk about their situation. Unfortunately I think the 20th anniversary won't hold anything real special, just a missed opportunity for resolvement or mutual agreement. I'd just like to see the guys chat and work things out but they can't seem to... what... like, muster up the courage to face their problems or something? Although I think this anniversary might be the only available window of opporunity for a meeting to take place. Maybe Head and David will remember the good times and want to share the special occasion with the guys they've been through so much together. It's shooting for the stars but I think anything is possible.
    my korn banner
    Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One

Get the latest from Korn!