Why does Korn never put Any songs past '03 on GH albums?

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I've noticed that on every greatest hits album korn has ever put out, including Collected, Playlist: the very best of korn, and most recently the Essential Korn, no songs from SYOTOS, untitled, or now, K3, are included. I don't know why they would do that; to me it's like admitting self-defeat for the past three albums. They've had plenty of great hits on these past albums, like Twisted Transistor, Open Up, Throw Me Away, Evolution, Oildale, Pop A Pill... I mean, they at least owe it to themselves to put something from these albums on a greatest hits cd! It's almost like they agree that they weren't good after '03, which certainly isn't true. If you have to extend the album to a two or three disc set so be it, but at least give a little something from every era of korn greatness! I was really hoping the Essential Korn would have a song or two from SYOTOS, seeing as it was put out this year. The sticker on the cover actually said includes Twisted Transistor and it doesn't, so they made a mistake there. But all I see on every GH album is the same songs; their singles. Personally I think some of Korn's beter songs aren't ones they used as singles. I was glad to see Proud on the E.K., but I think they could have replaced All in the Family, Cameltosis, and Jingle Balls with more recent songs. On Playlist: the Very Best of Korn, they put Earache My Eye as the last track, for what reason? There are so many other songs to choose from. I wonder how much input the Krew have on selecting the tracklist for the GH albums.
So, what do you think? I want to hear your opinion. I just feel bad the GH albums seem to end Korn history at 2003.

Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
my korn banner

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Why does Korn never put Any songs past '03 on GH albums?

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:19 PM

you got it all wrong girlxD
    it's becouse it's sony whos putting out the GH albums, not korn, and sony don't own the rights to the songs from SYOTOS and upwards. thats why, sony just want to milk out as much money from korn they can.

2. Re: Why does Korn never put Any songs past '03 on GH albums?

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:10 PM

To be honest, the only official compilation albums they've put out are Live & Rare, Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and Chopped, Screwed, Live & Unglued (which does have songs from SYOTOS on it)

Everything else is a BS cash grab, I think the only good unofficial compilation they've got is "Proud! A Collection of Rarities" because when it came out, that was the only CD that had those b-sides on it AND the demo tape. Don't waste your money on ANYTHING else, and good luck actually finding P!ACoR
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

3. Re: Why does Korn never put Any songs past '03 on GH albums?

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    To be honest, the only official compilation albums they've put out are Live & Rare, Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and Chopped, Screwed, Live & Unglued (which does have songs from SYOTOS on it)

Everything else is a BS cash grab, I think the only good unofficial compilation they've got is "Proud! A Collection of Rarities" because when it came out, that was the only CD that had those b-sides on it AND the demo tape. Don't waste your money on ANYTHING else, and good luck actually finding P!ACoR

Yeah, you're right about the compilations released by Korn themselves.
    The other one you're mentioning, "Proud...", is a bootleg cd. The greatest hits, Korn collected, music of Korn etc. are not. They are all released by record companies (mostly Sony) who wanted to cash on artists who already left them.
    The B-Sides were never officially released on any Korn compilation album (except for Proud, which was on Live & Rare) The other B-sides are only available on either Limited Editions of Korn albums, movie soundtracks, singles or as rare limited promo releases.
    But you can also get most of them on older bootleg cd's (like the one you mentioned or another one that has all of the bootleg's up to FTL and the first demo tracks is Kornography). I haven't seen a bootleg cd that has b-sides from after FTL was released though. But maybe that's cuz bootleg cd's probably became way less popular when people started downloading music.

4. Re: Why does Korn never put Any songs past '03 on GH albums?

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:48 PM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:

"If you think this is about you, it probably is . . . "
    -the paranoid feeling everyone gets.

5. Re: Why does Korn never put Any songs past '03 on GH albums?

Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:21 PM

RemoveTheVirus wrote:

What he said :D
    I know I don`t pray much, but I could really need your help now Superman

Get the latest from Korn!