Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

A few weeks ago I suddenly "rediscovered" the group and have been listen to their albums almost exclusively since (I go through phases with my music). And it happens to be right on time with news of the new album.

Now, I'm aware that this is probably the group's most debated and splitting album, but it just so happens to be my favourite of theirs. Yes, even over Issues In fact, I'm listening to it right now! Even with losing two members and have a variety of session drummers, they really push the creativity with this and it's one of those albums where to get the full experience, you have to listen through it multiple times. I love those since they have layers of sounds and complexity and they stay fresh as opposed to straight-forward stuff.

The "gothic"/industrial sound on this is masterful. I will admit that a few songs aren't as good as others, especially when you listen to them passively, but overall it's a work of art.

I'm well aware that this is my opinion, so I ask all a youz; what do you think of it? Don't just say "it sucks balls cuz it's not real korn"; be more descriptive.

How does it make you feel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Korn II - the

Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Viper1790 wrote:

That's crazy because in my opinion Munky had a KILLER guitar tone on that album. It blended perfectly with Terry Bozzio's drumming. Overall the album was produced perfectly and sounded great to me. Very mature sound and the next logical step after see you on the other side.

Perhaps it blended... too much ;)))

Mos def. I loved how mature and forward it was. It made Korn III sound juvenile in comparison with the music and the lyrics. I was pretty stunned. One thing, though, that I would love is one of those surround sound mixes for Korn II like other musicians' albums have. Where it's in a DVD. I would LOVE to blast that every day. The production is killer and open.

2. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 6:13 AM

To my mind Untitled reached its highly experimental level by Jon`s vocal training AND (even if I think David was the best drummer for Korn) the lack of David, while having these different session drummers. It give almost every song an absolutly various taste, that`s why it sounds that interesting to me, even though Korn ll isn`t my fave...
    Scream at me again if you like, throw your hate at me with all your might, hit me cause I`m strange, hit me, tell me Imma pussy and you`re harder than me...

3. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

It is in my top three favorite Korn albums. The album was badly structured and had two or three awful songs on it, but overall it is was so well made and almost sounded like a live jam throughout. There was so much texture to the sound on that album and to me it sounded like a band trying to re-invent itself in the purest way possible. When I first heard the album I thought I had bought an unmastered/un-mixed version because the production was so incredibly strange, but as time went by my ears adjusted to it and I really came to love the album.

4. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yeah, that`s right, it sounded like the band broke all their developed sound buildings, which were created throughout these 14 years of being a band, down, to start off with something pretty different.
    Scream at me again if you like, throw your hate at me with all your might, hit me cause I`m strange, hit me, tell me Imma pussy and you`re harder than me...

5. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM

l love this album, is one my favorites. The mystic from every song, Zac done a good job in this album too!
    I hope listen again in live perfomance some song from this record.

6. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM

This is my second favorite Korn album behind Untouchables. Becoming a fan when SYOTOS was released, this was my first Korn album that I got to experience the pre-album anticipation with. I loved Evolution and I Will Protect You and just couldn't wait to hear the rest of this wonderful album.

My favorite songs from it are: Starting Over, Love and Luxury, Kiss, and I Will Protect You

It also produced one of my favorite Korn videos: Hold On lol

7. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM

lol so why do you call it Korn II?

Isn't that Life Is Peachy?

8. RE: Re: Korn II - the

Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Niall O'Sullivan wrote:
    and almost sounded like a live jam throughout.

That's one thing I love about the production. Instead of being behind a variety of effects and control, it sounds like they recorded the thing in a garage. Great live sound.

MetalReviewist wrote:

No because the name of Life is Peachy is Life is Peachy.

"Untitled" is the second album to not have a title; the first one being the first album.

9. Re: Korn II - the

Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM

HipnikDragomir wrote:
    Niall O'Sullivan wrote:

That's one thing I love about the production. Instead of being behind a variety of effects and control, it sounds like they recorded the thing in a garage. Great live sound.

MetalReviewist wrote:

"Untitled" is the second album to not have a title; the first one being the first album.

The first album does have a title. It's just simply called "Korn". They aren't the first nor last band to have an album that's titled after the band name.

While we are on the topic, I actually enjoyed the Untitled album. I especially loved the tracks with Terry on drums.

10. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Crube wrote:
    HipnikDragomir wrote:
    Niall O'Sullivan wrote:

MetalReviewist wrote:

The first album does have a title. It's just simply called "Korn". They aren't the first nor last band to have an album that's titled after the band name.

While we are on the topic, I actually enjoyed the Untitled album. I especially loved the tracks with Terry on drums.

Even with that, "untitled" would be the second self-titled album, which would warrant the Korn II name.

11. Re: Korn II - the "Untitled" album

Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I like to call it Turn the Crank

other names like

The White Album

Raven

Get the latest from Korn!