What do you hope from Korn's next album?

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Here's what I hope:

1. They find a replacement for Head.
2. Jon finds some new topics to sing about.
3. Something with the heaviness of Korn III yet experimental like Issues or Untitled.

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:22 PM

    sean106ESP wrote:
    More vocal melodies.....less....but some screaming as of course his screams are a staple of JD.....same crunch as the 1st 2 records and KoRn III.....less synth or techno stuff.......oh and Untouchables Duece . ( I know must do not like Untouchables from what I read......
    www.seanydiesel.com
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm


    Untouchables is extremely well liked now, it was hated when it came out though.

    Also, sorry to disappoint, but I guess you haven't been keeping up with info on X. It's going to be a dubstep album.

    For this album, I don't want them to do anything they don't already do on every album, exactly what they want so I can be surprised.

    Just make Wesstyle a permanent member already, Head's not coming back any time soon, if at all.
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

  2. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:40 PM

    X isn't the title according to JD, and it's not really a dubstep album. It's simply Korn being produced by dubstep DJs. There's only a small percentage of people who dislike "Get Up!" so I think it's going to be a huge hit among fans. It's a breath of fresh air after their second attempt at an old school album. If people don't like new Korn, just listen to the first few albums. I agree with making Wes Geer a permanent member; Head even suggested on Twitter that he be replaced with Wes. I don't think Head is ever coming back, especially with his financial problems.

    "We incorporate dubstep elements into rock music, it's not straight dubstep music."

  3. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

    I would definately love to hear some scat from davis. Bagpipes in the music, not in between. Personally, I believe that the korn members are perfect as is. Though I miss Head, Munky has stepped up and Head just isn't needed anymore. And I'm a percussionist. Ray is hands down better than David ever was. And if you don't believe me just watch some of Ray's solo drum shows.
    -Alex-

  4. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM

    JDM wrote:
    X isn't the title according to JD, and it's not really a dubstep album. It's simply Korn being produced by dubstep DJs.


    That kind of saddens me that X is not the title, but oh wellz. Im assuming this was in chat, did he give any indication of what the actual title is? Also, I know it isn't a "DUBSTEP" album, but in regards to their previous discography this will be known as the dubstep album if you catch my drift.


    Oh and bama_korn1 in comment to your statement about Ray being hands down better than David, I totally agree, glad to see others feel the same way.

    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

  5. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM

    RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    JDM wrote:
    X isn't the title according to JD, and it's not really a dubstep album. It's simply Korn being produced by dubstep DJs.


    That kind of saddens me that X is not the title, but oh wellz. Im assuming this was in chat, did he give any indication of what the actual title is? Also, I know it isn't a "DUBSTEP" album, but in regards to their previous discography this will be known as the dubstep album if you catch my drift.


    Oh and bama_korn1 in comment to your statement about Ray being hands down better than David, I totally agree, glad to see others feel the same way.

    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"


    That's true. "DubKorn" era and possibly their second mainstream comeback after SYOTOS. I wasn't in the chatroom that night, but JD didn't mention a title, just that Clear Channel "fucked up". He said there is no title right now. I hope the album is still coming out in October though.

  6. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:53 PM

    JDM wrote:
    RemoveTheVirus wrote:
    JDM wrote:
    X isn't the title according to JD, and it's not really a dubstep album. It's simply Korn being produced by dubstep DJs.


    That kind of saddens me that X is not the title, but oh wellz. Im assuming this was in chat, did he give any indication of what the actual title is? Also, I know it isn't a "DUBSTEP" album, but in regards to their previous discography this will be known as the dubstep album if you catch my drift.


    Oh and bama_korn1 in comment to your statement about Ray being hands down better than David, I totally agree, glad to see others feel the same way.

    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"


    That's true. "DubKorn" era and possibly their second mainstream comeback after SYOTOS. I wasn't in the chatroom that night, but JD didn't mention a title, just that Clear Channel "fucked up". He said there is no title right now. I hope the album is still coming out in October though.



    It is still coming in October. JD confirmed this the other night, he got on chat and he also said there will be a new Korn single soon. He also played some previews of 3 new songs, one of which, had some very heavy yells by jonathan, it was crazy. The vocals started off weird and soft, then before you know it he just goes into this crazy screaming tantrum!

  7. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:58 PM

    MontezCrow wrote:

    It is still coming in October. JD confirmed this the other night, he got on chat and he also said there will be a new Korn single soon. He also played some previews of 3 new songs, one of which, had some very heavy yells by jonathan, it was crazy. The vocals started off weird and soft, then before you know it he just goes into this crazy screaming tantrum!



    Omfg awesome!

    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

  8. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:41 PM

    Twist wrote:
    I'd like to see more of the mature, philosophical lyrics come back, like on some of the tracks found on SYOTOS and Untitled. Also, maybe more of an experimental album reminiscent to Issues or Untouchables and something that doesn't sound as forced as Korn III - something more free-flowing...if that makes any sense.


    "If you think this is about you, it probably is . . . "
    -the paranoid feeling everyone gets.

  9. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:42 PM

    JDM wrote:
    I do hope there are bagpipes on the new album. That would be extremely lame having two studio albums in a row with no bagpipes. Scat vocals, too. Strange how RWYA was missing those two key elements.


    "If you think this is about you, it probably is . . . "
    -the paranoid feeling everyone gets.

  10. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:42 PM

    d1rtytr@sh wrote:
    I wouldn't mind hearing some instrumental parts, i love that shit when Munk goes off and does his instrumental bit, and also Ray could do some, Fieldy as well. Like with Liar, when Munk did that instrumental is just amazing shit, serious goosebumps. I remember listening to that, just me and my son, and just feeling the weight of the world being lifted off me. It was spiritual to me, tbh. The scatting, bagpipes, eerie sounds etc., I have to agree with people when they state they miss it, I do too.
    _____________________________________
    "Times are lookin grim these days, holding onto everything, it's hard to draw the line."


    "If you think this is about you, it probably is . . . "
    -the paranoid feeling everyone gets.

  11. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:35 PM

    For the next album, I hope JD does not lose his anger. Whether it is deep lyrics or vents, that anger drives that middle finger out through his voice and I hope it continues. I am always looking forward to see what Korn does next.
    RayRock

  12. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 8:07 PM

    1 Get a permanent guitar player that could write stuff to blend with Munky's riffs. Sux as a team head and munky were great team.
    2 enough of the fucking synth/keyboard/FX. I just watched a 2011 show and you could barley hear the riffs from munky or the other guitarist. It was all mudded up with synth/keys sounds. I like the good ol Guitars/Bass/drums/vox :)
    www.seanydiesel.com
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm

  13. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM

    rayrockiii wrote:
    For the next album, I hope JD does not lose his anger. Whether it is deep lyrics or vents, that anger drives that middle finger out through his voice and I hope it continues. I am always looking forward to see what Korn does next.
    RayRock


    Yeah, I'd like to hear more angry lyrics from Jon. The problem is, when your a grown man with a family, millions of dollars and fans, what is there left to be mad about? I hope he finds some new topics to sing about.

    It would be nice for there to be another guitarist, but seeing as the album is supposedly coming out in October, that's probably not happening.

    And I hope that, even though this will be a dubstep album, it doesn't overpower the sound of the drums, guitar, and bass. I want Korn to give it their best effort.

  14. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:34 AM

    I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS ALBUM!! WHO'S WITH ME?!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

  15. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:06 AM

    Also, sorry to disappoint, but I guess you haven't been keeping up with info on X. It's going to be a dubstep album.


    yeah I really have not. The Dubstep thing frightens me. Sorry but I am in the minority I guess who hates Get up. Sorry i just do not like the mix of techno synth shit and KoRn's low A 7 string guitar sound. I said it before and say it again.

    I neeedz more riffs and the 2 guitar/bass/drums combo. For me at least.

    However looking at there history (just my onions) that their popularity kinda went down hill after say like the SYOTOS era. Like I wonder will we hear any "radio friendly" songs like Falling away from me? I wonder if they want to be (to use an example) like a cult following band now like Weezer? Weezer is rarely on the radio (not that I even really listen tot the radio LOL) anymore but still makes out small arena's and smaller venues. I would love it if they can come up with (again in my opinion) songs with most memorable riffs and song structure like "Here to Stay". That would be killer. Anyone know when they plan to release? Any does anyone have the link to what JD uploaded on soundcloud or is that just Get up? Thanks all.
    www.seanydiesel.com
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

  16. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:11 AM

    ^ Ive read the planned release date is October 11th.
    "I tried peace, I tried love, I tried kind, I give up You don't hear, you don't feel, Now I'm here, and I'm real I gave you my blessings, You've failed from testings, I'll show you what death brings, Now feel how my wrath stings"

  17. gia avatar gia

    Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:37 PM

    JD did not upload anything that is KoRn, he only played us some samples of a few KoRn songs one night, he only uploaded his own stuff on soundcloud

  18. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM

    I want the album Korn wants to make. If it's different, cool. I like Get Up. I think the lyrics, and especially the melody, are excellent. I, like others, would love some bagpipes and "caged animal babble" (as Rolling Stone called it back in the day). If you could cook it like this: Korn + FTL + Untouchables + TALITM + SYOTOS + Get Up = New Korn album. That would be nice.

    mlukec

  19. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 2:17 PM

    gia wrote:
    JD did not upload anything that is KoRn, he only played us some samples of a few KoRn songs one night, he only uploaded his own stuff on soundcloud


    Do ya have the link? Thx
    www.seanydiesel.com
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

  20. Re: What do you hope from Korn's next album?

    Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

    1. Bagpipes
    2. Scat
    3. Guitar Solo
    4. Bass Solo
    5. It to be Good
    6. More Melodic
    7. A cover of "The End" by The Doors
    Trapped inside me for all time

Newsletter Signup