Should Korn replace Head?

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I've been thinking about this for a while...Head's been gone for about 6 years now, and I doubt he'll ever come back. Do you think Korn should replace him? I think they should. Ever since Head left the riffs haven't been as memorable or powerful. Munky is a great guitarist, but I think it's time that Korn get's a second guitarist again. And if it can't be Head, or should it be?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:18 AM

Yeah, they def need to replace Head. It's never quite been the same since he's left (don't get me wrong, korn are still badass) but I think they do need that second guitarist. I don't really see why Head couldn't have continued with Korn after finding Jesus...... Fieldy is still there....different calling I guess, but they need another band member now, it's been too long!

2. RE: Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM

KoRnKidd90 wrote:
    I think it's because Jonathan has a special place in his heart for HEAD.
    He wants HEAD back in the band and is willing to wait forever if he has to.
    I am very optimistic in thinking that HEAD will be back in the band, but I were to pick someone to take his place it would be Wes Borland. That'd be soo badass.

OMG DUDE WOW THATS THE BEST IDEA WES BORLAND IS SO GOOD AT RIFFS CHEAY CHYEA

3. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 7:26 AM

KoRnKidd90 wrote:
    I think it's because Jonathan has a special place in his heart for HEAD.
    He wants HEAD back in the band and is willing to wait forever if he has to.
    I am very optimistic in thinking that HEAD will be back in the band, but I were to pick someone to take his place it would be Wes Borland. That'd be soo badass.

I think the same as you.
    And the only one could be Wes Borland. Caus' he really knows the band, he has left his band too (so he know what it is, and he could say to Head to come back.... ^^), I think he knows a lot of the songs that KoRn has made, and I think he could be really good with Munky.

I was thinking of another, that the band knows... Ryan Shuck...

What do you think ? Could be good too.

4. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Give it time, they did get Ray on board.

I do admit that seeing Korn without Head (or David for that matter) is still strange and there does seem to be something missing but if they continue to keep it the way it is then I'm not that bothered.

Dan

5. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 5:23 PM

KornOnTheKob wrote:
    YES, they should absolutely replace Head! I've been thinking about for this awhile and I don't see why not. David was not gone for nearly as long as Head was before they replaced him, so why can't they replace Head? He's quite obviously never going to come back. I think it would be interesting to have a permanent new member of Korn.
    ~C'est la vie

agree... Fuck you Head "forgive but not forget"
    Costa Rica!!!!!!! presente

6. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Brian shouldn't be replaced, I think he has attachments in his band and doesn't wanna leave them hanging cos he wants to come back to Korn, but he should just get them signed in their own band and get back with Korn. I didn't expect the Save Me From Myself album to be good, and it was amazing. Imagine Korn 12 One Happy Reunion. lol. Seriously, nobody makes Korn songs like Head & Munky fuckin a track up with ruthless riffs!
    In my opinion you can't replace the irreplaceable. I'd love to see Head back.
    Man, I don't give a "good" god damn. Fuck my life.

7. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Jay7_GThyzul wrote:
    Brian shouldn't be replaced, I think he has attachments in his band and doesn't wanna leave them hanging cos he wants to come back to Korn, but he should just get them signed in their own band and get back with Korn. I didn't expect the Save Me From Myself album to be good, and it was amazing. Imagine Korn 12 One Happy Reunion. lol. Seriously, nobody makes Korn songs like Head & Munky fuckin a track up with ruthless riffs!
    In my opinion you can't replace the irreplaceable. I'd love to see Head back.
    Man, I don't give a "good" god damn. Fuck my life.

That's what I want too ans think too, and a lot of "fukkers" too.
    But we're not in the head of Head, so... Wait and see...
    Btu clearly, if Head came back, I'm pretty sure that David too.

8. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I see Head coming back before David coming back, I mean what about Ray? He's like a full fledged member of the band now.

Dan

9. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I think too.

But if David came back, I think Ray.... will be fired ! ^^

10. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

David is never coming back, Head is a maybe.
    Who Then Now?

11. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM

At this point probably does not matter. JD is going to leave next so he can make dupstep and dance albums.
    www.seanydiesel.com
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

12. RE: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM

KORN should never replace Head theirs no one who could ever replace him, his sound and style is one of a kind. I think that KORN will leave that spot in the open till Head comes Back, because they know just as much we know Head is the only fit, just keep praying he will return and david to, i love everything by korn and if they never come back head and david korn will be just fine.

13. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Again and I could be wrong. But since I am more into Guitar riffs then anything; Munky is almost always in the right speaker. Which IMO usually means that person wrote the riff for that song or opening. (But I read somewhere in an interview they were reversed on the 1st record but I dunno) If so Munky is a great riff writer which again IMO, makes up the meat of a song. Haters gonna hate but on K III Oildale, Fear is a place to live and Pop a Pill had that low A string riffage that I love. So I think Munk is a great riff writer and Head would be the ambient chorusey FX melody guy. Which I have said over and over.

The again as I also have said in other threads.....Paralyzed sounds awesome and you can tell he is using the signature old KoRN type chords.......------12--13--14---(on the low string and next two strings) if tabbed out and in different frets. Heads new alum or Paralyzed is in G Sharps so one half step lower then the usual KoRn tuning.

POT is OK in my book. I am not a hater. I think it is good "music". But as a guitar player who really does not listen to lyrics but more riffs......I prefer "KoRn Riifforama"

Sad to say but the POT has mad me go back (as I think I have OCD LOL) to my metallica fanboyism hardcore as they are playing their 30th anniversary shows this week and debuting a song left off DM that never made the cut. I am praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaying. They release the song "Shine" or "Holy Relvolver"...or whatever they called it (hetfield called it Shine on Mission Metallica) and I will be in heaven. I just need riffs! Once I learned all the KoRn songs on my Apex's it did open doors to my song writing and using the low A tuning to accent the already written songs...which is great........but from a technical aspect....the Met stuff is way more technical and keeps me on my game for chops as even though they play their major songs a half step down... still....no one has a faster down picking palm muting hand like Hetfield.

/KoRn-Metallica babble.
    www.myspace.com/centrifuse
    http://soundcloud.com/sean106ocd
    http://www.seanydiesel.com/munky.htm
    www.twitter.com/sean106OCD

14. Re: Should Korn replace Head?

Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:36 PM

ray is a far superior drummer than david ever was or will be, he will not be replaced

Get the latest from Korn!