K-7 and Apex String Gauge

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Hey guys, I have a Munky Apex1BBk sig and a K7. Not really digging the string tension. Does anyone no for a fact what gauge does Munk Munk use? Does he really use a .60 for the low A? I ask as there is conflicting info on it all over the internet. Thanks!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: K-7 and Apex String Gauge

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:02 AM

what the fuck? that bass string shit is crap. they have always used 10-60. dean markleys. you cant put a bass string on your guitar. it will sound like shit. because bass strings are made different for different pickup specs.
    i have experimented with bass strings on my apex before and it is horrible. so dont believe crappy info sources about that bass string.
    there are lots of old interviews with munky seaking of the 94-98 era and all they used are markleys 10 60
    My band :)
    www.myspace.com/dekadentaesthetix

2. Re: K-7 and Apex String Gauge

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah I got two sets of the Dean Markley .10-.60's and sound and feel great for tuning down a whole step. I but them on my K-7. Next I need to put them on my Apex 1BBK Biker Black.

I wonder why my K-7 (blue) does not have glow in the dark side markers. The advertise it but a guy I know works with Care Bear and he said it was hit or miss with the K-7's.

I am sooooo digging the new tobacco burst Apex but don't have the cabbage for that now. :)

Get the latest from Korn!