Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I have only been listening to Korn for almost a year, and I can already be considered one of their biggest fans. I have listened to every song by them, all their lyrics, know everything about their history and everything. How do you I relate to Korn's music? Well, when I first started listening to Korn I was going through very hard times and was in a deep depression. You see, all my life I have been a loser. Looking back I have rarely ever been happy. My earliest memories include being yelled at by my parents and being picked on in school. You see, I am autistic and all my life I have struggled to fit in. All my life I have been socially awkward and no one ever understood me. Throughout elementary school I was a loser who was never interested in other kids and would get picked on. Then middle school rolled around, and it was awful. Everybody picked on me, everyday I would get teased and harassed, I would get called a "faggot", a "retard", and a "fatass". People would always be putting me down, yelling at me, making hateful comments, and people thought I was a freak and I was. In seventh grade I hit an all time low by sexual harassing a girl for about a month. This only made me feel more like a loser. Not long after I was backstabbed by a group of people I thought were my friends. They went up to me and yelled terrible things like "**** you, your a mistake in life". I felt friendless and helpless. Not long after I fell into the grips of anorexia nervosa. I rapidly lost weight, and people still made fun of me, thus I lost even more weight. I ate less than 1,000 calories a day, was obsessed with food and isolated myself, my hair was falling out, I was lethargic and hopeless. In eighth grade I weighed about 88 pounds, and was almost put in the hospital on numerous occasions. I developed terrible OCD and started taking Risperidone. Over the summer before ninth grade I was diagnosed with an hypothrodism as a result of my eating disorder and starting taking Levythroxine. To top it all off, I had to move cross-country, which only made my more depressed. I had lost the few friends I had and had to go to school a new state, where people still treated me like dirt, and my eating disorder and depression was as bad as ever. It was in October of last year when I discovered Korn. Their music was like, total thepary and I could relate to all of their songs. I had found a way to vent my anger, through music. However, none of this helped my mental and psychical state much. In November of last year I suffered a panic attack in the back seat of the car and thought I was dying. A few weeks later I went a psychiatrist and starting taking prozac, and soon Zypexa. This was a turning point in my life, and I soon, through effort, with the help of my psychiatrist, and with the help of Korn's music, gradually recovered from my eating disorder, OCD, and depression. I still struggle with depression sometimes, but I, for once in my life, feel happy. And I am looking forward to going to school again come August, because I actually have friends now.

So thank you Korn. Thank you for your wonderful music. You guys tell your stories. How do you relate to Korn's music?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I'm not happy with life period. KoRn's music is something i relate too and listen to it all nonstop. I first picked up a KoRn cd when i was 16. It was see you on the other side. My favorite songs became Throw Me Away, Love Song, Seen It All, and the song that was very dear to me at the time: Tearjerker. My parents and I never got along. The second cd i bought at 17 was Greatest Hits Vol 1. I bought that so i could hear what else it was that they have to offer and loved it. The new song that was very dear to me was "Alone I Break". Now on to why KoRn is my most favorite band:
    My mom had me at 16 and her and my dad seperated not long after (really didn't bother me as a kid). My mom was angry over controlling bitch who had no problem beating us a children when we ticked her off. i hated being bossed around and wanted to be my own person. finally she got fed up with it and sent me to live with my dad. my dad was an over controlling religious freak. i finally got it across to him that i didn't believe in his beliefs. i fought hard for equal treatment from him and it would often result in him beating me. He even through me against a wall a few times, left holes in it, and had the audacity to tell me "look at what you did!". I wanted my life to end but couldn't do it myself. That's when i bought See You On The Other Side and got attached to Tearjerker. I was sent back to my moms, bought Greatest Hits and felt like "Alone I Break was my song". Now i'm stuck in a relationship with a girl i'm not happy with because i feel like i owe her alot for paying all the bills while i was in college for a year (that whole year she let me not get a job). The songs i listen to almost daily are Blame, Alone I Break, Tearjerker, Kiss, Starting Over and more. Untouchables is my most favorite cd. Their music matches my mood and i get lost in it.

2. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:10 PM

High school was rough for me and it was nice to listen to artists who truly understood that. I was different then and I always will be. There is no box that anyone can put me in and so I was an outcast. I was the only black girl in school who liked hard rock and heavy metal. Everyone else was into hip hop and blink 182. Korn's music helped me understand that there were other people out there just like me. The first Korn album I bought was Follow the leader and I listened to it nonstop for the entire summer of 2000. It has so many deep scratches that it is ridiculous To this day my life is not perfect. Korn is the main component in the formula that gives me the strength to get out of bed everyday and face the world. My ipod is even hip to the fact that I love Korn because when I put it in shuffle mode Korn pops up every other song and sometimes back to back.

Thank You ,Korn for making awesome music and being such nice guys in person ( all 5 of you.)
    Does it make me bad??

3. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:44 PM

First of all I just love the sound with a lot of bass, it makes me feel good inside when I listen to Korn.

Second, when I listen to many of the lyrics it´s as if Jon lived MY life, sees the world through MY eyes and it feels like someone actually understands. Maybe one day I have built up the confidense to battle my own childhood monsters.

So, thank you Korn for being you!

4. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I didn't have the greatest childhood upbringing. Not that my parents didn't try, but it was really bad with my mom's first marriage, with my biological father. He's not even a father, a sperm donor if you will. It's hard to talk about it even to this day, lots of bad memories with that pos. Anyways, KoRn inspires me to keep going when I'd rather just lay down and die. When I first heard Good God, I felt so good inside that someone else out there had that same kind of rage. When I first heard Daddy, I cried so hard. I finally felt like someone really understood all of my feelings inside. Every album to date has helped me with my life in so many ways, it's really hard to pinpoint all of it. Every song has helped me, at some time or another and it keeps on doing it as well. I listen to my albums over and over again and feel such a spiritual release, like...hell, I'm not alone. That's a great feeling because most of my life, even now, I have been so very alone in this world. Even when I'm not alone, there's that feeling. But, KoRn helps me to stay strong, overcome all my crazy fears and phobias, helps me with being bipolar, helps me with my personality disorder, helps me with my drug addictions and has kept me alive since 97. That says a lot. If it wasn't for KoRn, I honestly believe I'd either be dead or in an insane asylum. KoRn even helped me come out of my shell and helped me be real, when before I was just a fake, trying to be someone else. There's so many things they have helped me with it's unreal and keep helping me with. Jonathan's lyrics are the purest form of truth I ever witnessed, KoRn helped me stay real. Their inspiration is eternal.

Thank you Korn for all of your music that helped me through my years of struggle, and still to this day, continue to help me.

5. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:34 PM

I do not have any Korn-related story but I wanted to thank them anyway for being so honest, for putting all these feelings in their lyrics and for their efforts in everything they do. And thank you for having such an impact on so many lives outthere ..

6. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I had a bad time when I was a kid ..
    As one psychiatrist put it I had "an appalling childhood".

In adult life I am emotionally scarred ..
    I've found that Korn soothe a lot of the aggression and frustration in me.
    The drums, the slap bass .. emotive, REALLY emotive vocals.
    Through the lyrics and music of Korn I feel voiced? .. heard.

When I hear Korn I don't feel alone.
    I'm not on the outside, looking in ..
    I feel a part of something.

7. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 2:16 PM

When I was a child, KoRn was a way for me to deal with the awful physical and emotional abuse of my step-mother. They then became a way to stop being the terrible person I was on the path to becoming. Then a way to deal with my drug addictions. Then a way to get over the loss of my fiancee and to see the true person she really was. Then a way to overcome my struggles after my stroke, and finally a way out of the emotional cage I have managed to put myself in.

KoRn has just somehow always managed to be there for me when I really needed them, and when nobody else could do what KoRn could through their music. Thank you KoRn :)
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

8. gia avatar gia

Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 2:25 PM

there is a lot of things I'm thankful to KoRn for and I could continue this story forever, but most of all Im grateful for my friends, for people I love, who understand me and accept me, people with whom I can feel loved and I can be myself and I dont have to hide behind yet another mask. I became a better person thx to KoRn, I've seen that there are people like me, and being for them can be an answer to my own inner pain. There was a time in my life very dark when I've been listening to the song Alone I Break for almost a year straight, over and over again and it was only one thing I've been listening to back then, and this song means a lot for me. This band gives me a lot, helps me living with this darkness inside me and gives me friends that mean more for me in my life than a lot people and things. They are my family. I can be a part of smth bigger than me, and that means a lot for me, even though the magic unity of all the KoRn fans slowly dies, Im sure and hope, it's still there, buried deep inside in every KoRn fan's heart and can be evoke back again in the time of great happiness or darkness, like on the shows when we all feel like one, no matter what parts us everyday. I believed once, it's unique to KoRn fans, this unity, it changed, and i deeply regret it, I hope one day we all will come back to what has been in the past, when we all were one, there has been no wars and no drama and we were all just KoRn fans. Thank u KoRn for all the good things in my life, I will love you guys forever.

9. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 2:34 PM

gia wrote:
    there is a lot of things I'm thankful to KoRn for and I could continue this story forever, but must of all Im grateful for my friends, for people I love, who understand me and accept me, people with whom I can feel loved and I can be myself with, I dont have to hide behind yet another mask. I became a better person thx to KoRn, I saw that there are people like me and being for them can be an answer to my own inner pain. There was a time in my life very dark when I've been listening to the song Alone I break for almost a year straight, over and over again and it was only one thing I've been listening to back then, and this song means a lot for me. This band gives me a lot, helps me living with this darkness inside me and gives me friends that mean more for me in my life than a lot people and things. They are my family. I can be a part of smth bigger than me and that means a lot for me, even though the magic unity of all the KoRn fans slowly dies, it's still there buried deep inside in every KoRn fan's heart and can be evoke back again in the time of great happiness or darkness, like on the shows we all feel like one, no matter what parts us everyday. I believed once its unique to KoRn fans, this unity, it changed, and i deeply regret it, I hope one day we all will come back to what has been in the past, when we all where one, there has been no wars and no drama and we were all just KoRn fans. Thank u KoRn for all the good things in my life, I will love you guys forever.

Beautifully written Gia!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

10. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 5:57 AM

I remember when I first heard "No One's There". It was on my birthday last year. I remember sitting in my room, crying and listening to the song. I truly thought that even though it was my birthday, no one was there for me in life, and I could relate to every line in the song.

I also remember when I first heard, "Alone I Break". I was so amazed by the song I listened to multiple times. That song really meant a lot to me because I could relate to it so much.

So once again, thank you KoRn for your amazing music that everybody can relate to.

11. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I'm so glad u posted this. The way I relate to KoRn is how much I KNOW and FEEL the agression and meaning in the music. Yes I did have a messed up family life during childhood.... but I beleive that even ppl who did NOT have that kinda life growing up, can l0ve Korn due to their musical creativity. SO the reason why I relate is because for some reason, i guess due to genetics, is because I love Jon Davis's voice. I GET his FRANK WAY as I'm inclined to NATURALLY THINK the same way. When I listen to his lyrics...I feel like I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND what he is saying. WHEW!!! Korn is all consuming to me. Thats the best way I can explain it! THANK U for loving KoRn!! I feel good to know u love them too
    Photobucket

12. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:49 PM

tharo wrote:
    When I listen to his lyrics...I feel like I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND what he is saying. WHEW!!! Korn is all consuming to me. Thats the best way I can explain it! THANK U for loving KoRn!! I feel good to know u love them too;

Agreed :)
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

13. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM

First of all I love them for their music, their creativity and their style.
    I just realized the other day that it was Korn who made me want to play bass a long time ago. I didn't even listen to them back then, but I think I saw a video on MVT or VH1 or something and just thought: "I wanna play like that!".

And I've always used music to deal with different issues in my life.
    Diffrent bands for different feelings.
    And lately Korn is the band for my feelings.

I've been through a lot since last summer.
    I've changed a lot, found friends and intrests that I know I'll have for the rest of my life. Which is good.
    But with the good I get the bad.
    I suffer from panic anxiety attacks, and it's hell for me.
    And this year has only made it worse.

Mostly because some of my best friends left me. They just dumped me, since I wasn't good enough anymore I guess. I still cry because of it.
    They knew almost everything about me. I trusted them with my life. And then they were gone.
    At the same time they're not.
    I have to meet one of them because of my work (I work with teenagers and arrange activites and stuff for them). And she's just pretending we're ok. I do to, but I'm crying inside.
    I'm crying as I write this.
    And one, whom I saw as one of my best friends, is back from school during summer now. I saw her the other day in a café. I felt sick because of the wave of anxiety that washed over me.

That's the main thing. When I write it down it feel so small, but it hurts so much.
    Everything that's been happening around is just amplified that pain.

I moved away to study for a while abroad. Leaving my friends and family was awful. I need them in my everyday life... And I had a hard time making friends at my school.
    And then when I came back, everything just felt weird and unreal.
    I had a bit of a crisis with myself.
    And there's always a crisis around me. My mother is suffering from MS, my father has spinal injuries, my younger brother suffered from lyme disease, my older brother is dealing with addiction, my sister is stressed out, my friends have financial problems as well as lots of other shit.
    Just a few weeks ago I held one of "my boys" as he cried. He haven't cried in years. He almost had a panic attack because he got so scared when he couldn't stop crying.
    I've always been told I got a big heart. And every time someone I love is in pain my heart breaks.

But music makes it better. Makes is easier.
    I love it when I find a song that makes me go: "Oh! This is just how I feel!"
    It helps to get words to the emotions that I feel. It makes things clearer.

And that's what Korn does to me.
    Their music makes me see things more clearly and understand them better.
    They make it all feel okay. Better.

And I love them for it.

14. gia avatar gia

Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I can totally understand how it is when a best friend leaves u just because, because they get bored with u and u r not good anymore for them, thats fucked up shit, I still cant kinda get over one my friend who did it to me and it was like good 13 years ago (thats when i started to listen to KoRn heh)

15. RE: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:22 PM

e__e I had a huge thing typed out, but it said there was an error when I tried to submit my post.

There simply aren't enough words to sum up how grateful I am for Korn.

In seventh grade I was bullied (and not bullied by girls, but by boys), I eventually became depressed and started cutting myself. I had to take medication and see a counselor until I was a Sophomore in High School.
    Around this time I discovered Korn's music and started listening to them. Whenever I felt like harming myself, I would listen to their music (at this time I only had a burnt CD with random Korn songs on it) and feel much better. Granted, Korn didn't always prevent me from doing this, but it had a huge impact. In a way Korn has saved my life.
    I still use Korn as a way to escape everything.

Thank You Korn, for everything.

Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

16. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Geez may I just start by saying that one reason I love KoRn: Because of the many wonderful fans who A) like me for me and B) actually UNDERSTAND (without being cliche and being all "I understand" and crap. You REALLY DO!) And you guys care, and that is so unlike my other friends.

Before I even turned two my parents got a divorce and the judge ruled that my brother and I were to live with my Mom and only have supervised visits with my Dad. ell, THAT never happened. Seeing as my Mom was now a single Mother (whom was a 21yr old single mom with two kids) she wanted tim alone sometimes. So she'd pawn us off on our Dad every 2weeks for the weekend. Dad is a good 3yrs older then my Mom and hes psycotic (literally. He was diagnosed as psycotic- or crazy for no apparent reason.) He used "love" everything my brother did and "hate" everything I did.
    He'd pull my hair and scream at me telling me I was worthless and that I was a peice of shit. He even would call me "Daddy's little girl" and "Daddy's princess" all in the same sentence. I was only 6. I once had a headache and he wanted to make me take adult advil (um... BTW DONT give your 6yr old adult advil!) He put it between two peices of cheese and told me to swallow. You can't swallow a chunk of cheese, and you can't chew a pill! He got so pissed off so I tried swallowing it only to choke and throw up on the kitchen floor. Lets just say... I had to clean it up, wasnt my only "punishment."

When I was 8yrs old I met a boy who was 12 and i thought he was my best friend. Alone with a girl named Nicole and my brothers friends. Well Nicole soon started calling me a "slut" and that I wasnt pretty and stuff. And my brothers friends used to pull my hair, bite me, kick me, push me, pinch me (the list goes on.) But that one 12yr old boy, got me alone once and didnt hesitate to, well try his shit on me (which didnt work in the end.)

And then finally I was diagnosed with Sever Aplastic Anemia in 2007 (much like Leukemia only non cancerous) when I was 10. I had a bone marrow trasnplant when I was 11, and have been cured since 2009. (YAY!!! :D) But when I came home from the hospital when I was 11 I became depressed and suicidal for a short time...

Im also the "freak" at school for liking KoRn (among other things.) And most people just plain ignore me.
    I have a few minor disabilities (that I get called out for, for NO REASON.)

So all in all Im not widly liked by people other then fellow KoRn fans (thanks for having my back!!!

17. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 12:37 AM

IDENTIFY, i am so lone ,nobody understands me, i sometimes feel like i was born out of time, it has been like this forever, ever since i remember, my refuge was music, i was made on rock&roll songs, i should say intelectual rock&roll ,stix, aerosmith ozzie, alice cooper, p floyd led zeppelin,emerson lake and palmer,johnny winter even elton john the cure, bunch of grunge too i just cant tell them all here, later nina hagen susan vega rammstein marylin Manson eminem metalica, silverchair,peter gabriel apocaliptica and i don't want to press myself to think so hard now,the list is endless then came KOrN, on MTV, the sound, the voices, the videos, it was as if it was made for me by someone reading my mind. and it gets better all the time.don't get me wrong i relate well to people of all ages and from all walks of life, at all cultural levels, is not a problem.... problem was to see myself,and i am very picky at choosing who to mingle with, rather be a loner, and treat everybody as if i already knew them, i am very happy all the time and very hiper most of the time. always tought that i was one of a kind, then comes KoRn and i buy see you on the other side,luxury edition lucky me,that was my first KOrN cd inside, there is a pass to this site, i placed it in my underwear drawer by accident, and lately found it, came to this site, and voila, i am here, like if thanks to koRN i am finding myself. i guess that's why they call them stars, they give us a light of knowledge in the darkness of our lives in the middle of ,so lost, oceans of people guided by fake "stars" we have to use our divine eternal light, that shines within us, to recognize the true stars, i guess it is easy if you are true to yourselves, let your concience be your guide, and try the best to keep your heart clean

18. Re: Thank you KoRn (how do you relate to KoRn's music?)

Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I can relate to many of korns songs they are my favorite band!!!
    I want to thank them for being so honest and making quality music.

Get the latest from Korn!