KoRn + Brian Welch

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Since Head left the band KoRn sounds different, still awesome, but different...
Can you imagine if KoRn records a new album with Brian Welch "Head"?

HEAD

Rnflakexaxn "ChinoHugo"

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I miss the old Head. I'd like to have that guy back. This new guy he's become...I'm not so sure.

2. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Since when do the members of KoRn have huge egoes?

3. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:54 AM

He was talented and part of Korn's history and I know it sounds kind of cold but everyone needs to just accept that they have parted ways. Things seemed to have gone a little sour between them and that would likely affect their ability to work together as well as they used to anyway.

4. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Sure it would be great if Head and Korn were to reunite, but I agree with Twist, Korn is doing just fine without Head.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

5. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:04 PM

WelL I beleive if Head and Korn recorded something it would sound fuckin AMAZING!
    a feelin like a long lost friend came into ur arms and u talked about some awesome shit. Head has left due to Christian reasons and that is good for him and his family. Korn is still moving foward obviously and making us all scream. It is a sad thing that Head is not with Korn but Korn is still progressing and they understand Head's reasons bc they are so open minded and we should be too
    Photobucket

6. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:08 PM

He'll be back. It's just not the right time. Not everyone is in the right state of mind.
    It will happen though

7. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I hope you're right
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

8. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:16 AM

I miss old Head. I know he was on drugs back then, and of course I don't want him to relapse, but I miss when he was chill and cool. This religious stuff he's into makes me worry for him. He's taking it to a dangerous place, I think. I love Head and I think he's endlessly talented, but I don't want him back in Korn until his mind is in a better place.

9. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:43 AM

That MUST happen soon ! They need his sound and idieas ! Head need them TOO ! And then they will make good old sounded, depresing, real Korn album :)

10. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I miss Head. Ever since he left the band, the guitar work feels inspired and flat. Don't get me wrong, Munky is a great guitarist and I like their new material, but I think it is defiantly time for Head to come back. The thing that kept Korn III from greatness was the lack of Head. Sorry, but you can't create a "old-school" Korn album without Head.

In my opinion, Head should consider coming back to the band. If not, Korn should at least find a replacement for him.

11. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Im glad Head left, the guy wanted to die and his 5 year old daughter was going around singing ADIDAS.If he had not wanted to be a good father for his daughter he would probably be dead. If you dont understand how miserable he was, and how much happier he is today, read his books.
    In his most recent book Stronger, he said he will never return to KoRn, like it or not, its what he said.It would be cool, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I also dont think KoRn will ever have that old skool sound without Head. When I listen to Head and then K3, It sounds rather clear to my ears what KoRn needs again..Head. I still like KoRns stuff, and I think this new dubstep experiment has potential, but will they ever truly return to sounding like 94' again...imo, no.

"you see beauty, I see pain, you see sky, and I see acid rain"

12. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Also, JD is a lot older than he was in '94. His voice has changed with age and is more 'polished' from years of experience. The band is still going strong because it progresses, experiments, goes through changes and works with whatever obstacles hits it (and of course the extreme talent of it's members!).

I love the old korn stuff but also love the new stuff. Like head, that exact first album sound is not something they will likely ever achieve again and that's fine because one of the great things about this band is that not all their albums sound the same. No matter what your mood, chances are one of the albums will suit it. :)

13. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I was at a Head show a few days ago and there was basically a Q&A and it sounded like he isn’t interested in rejoining Korn at all, but Head said that he would just really like to be friends with the guys again and have a BBQ. It would be awesome if they got back together, but I don't think it'll happen...

14. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Feronea: I agree. My husband and I were listening to Korn in reverse order the other night. Started with KIII and went backwards. I have my die-hard favorite albums, but I love them all.

15. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:23 AM

tportnoy wrote:
    Feronea: I agree. My husband and I were listening to Korn in reverse order the other night. Started with KIII and went backwards. I have my die-hard favorite albums, but I love them all.

Awesome :)

I'm actually doing something similar at the moment. I can't sleep so watching korn film clips, trying to keep them in order of release

16. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Feronea: Sucks when you can't sleep, but watching live clips is a great way to pass that time! LOL The funny thing is I've always been a huge music fan, but one with a short attention span. It's a rare thing for me to own more than 2, sometimes even 1 cd of any artist that I've ever liked. So I guess Korn is the Adderall for my musical ADD, because I actually have all of theirs. I don't even have very many Prince cds, and I've been a fan since I was 7, when 1999 came out on the radio LOL

17. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:26 AM

head has great talent and maybe one day it will happen we never know
    KornHivGurl

18. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I am down for it. Head's music already sounds like Korn anyway.
    Does it make me bad??

19. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:54 AM

seriously i can't! i love korn for what they are! if he left the band i won't dream about his come back ¬¬ MOVE ON! KORN IS GREAT AS FUCK NOW AND FOREVER!!! lml

20. Re: KoRn + Brian Welch

Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I miss Head .. it would be amazing IF he returned to Korn..
    But he isn't going to.
    Too much water under bridges kinda deal ..

Newsletter Signup