To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Please do share.
I the first time I picked up a KoRn cd was when I was sixteen. I got See You On the Other Side and listened to it day in and day out. I was amazed at how the songs seemed like how i felt. The first song I got attached too was Tearjerker. I was living with my dad at the time and well... i'm sure you can guess how that made me feel lol
Then a few years later I moved back with my mom, picked up their Greatest Hits vol 1 to see what else they had. It was then I felt like Alone I Break was my song. (i'm sure you can guess how living with my mom made me feel too). After that i decided I was fan (age 18). I got every other CD I could and listen to them all the time. Really the only other band I listen too is Interpol, but i only listen to their music when i'm super super super depressed. So, KoRn is my all time favorite band because they keep me going. When i give up in life i blast their music and scream with JD (just between us i also sometimes pick up the broom and pretend to do Fieldy's bass ). Yeah sure my problems are still there, but putting my Ipod on the stereo and singing or putting in my earphones and sitting in my room is my way to vent and deal with this shit life.

Needless to say I've read a post here on this site where some fans had a sour experience with the meet and greets. Needless to say, if mine sucked i'd be really heartbroken lol.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:25 PM

The reason KoRn is my favorite band is because they just keep it real you know? Also I love the emotion behind Jonathan's music, it's so powerful. Not to mention their sound, they are so different from everyone else, They are just simply awesome.

2. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Korn is my favorite band because they helped through a dark time in my life. I was picked on alot in high school because I was different. No matter how much I tried I did not fit in. I bought Follow The Leader in July of 2000 and listened to it no stop until I learned all of the lyrics. I guess I found a kindred spirit in Jonathan Davis's lyrics. There were no other bands at the time that were skilled enough to blend rock, metal and a little rap into their music. By December of 2000 I had all of KORN's albums. I started to stand up for myself and people left me alone. I gained the reputation of the Korn chick which followed me into college. Korn truly saved me and for that I am and always will be a fan until the end.Does it make me bad??

3. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I convinced my dad to let me have my own copy of Life Is Peachy when I was 9 lol

I thought the album sounded really awesome back then and every track was great, but then I got to Kill You. This song I think to this day is the song that holds the most meaning for me, my step mother was a horrific spiteful bitch who did everything she could to try to ruin my life and abused me badly. The lyrics to this song were just basic enough for me to understand them perfectly, and I knew they would give me the strength to stand up to her one day (which they did, and now 16 years later things aren't normal, but thanks to KoRn's help they're better), and I was sold on KoRn for the rest of my life.
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

4. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:39 AM

I could write an entire story on this but I'll settle for:

Because no other band I heard back in 95/95 when I was really discovering bands through Kerrang and checking out the Metal music sections in music stores came across to me like they did. The music, the band, the personalities, the lyrics, the album covers. Everything. Something just seemed to fit perfectly, as though I'd found my musical soulmate. Cheesy sounding or not, that's how it is and will be forever. =)

Oz ...be yourself, let you come through...

5. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

There is no band that I have heard that has its emotional literally tangible. Their sound is always evolving, yet still retains their unique sound. Many haters claim that they have no musical talent, yet it is the opposite for they have more talent than the vast majority of popular bands today. Korn does what they want, not selling out and doing what the company or what the fans want, for it is their music to create and are thankful that they have such adoring fans.
    -=[ Nothing in Life is to be Feared, Only Understood ]=-

6. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:02 PM

korn is my favorite band because every album is diferent ... never be the same thing.... Exists a album for each state of encourage ....
    Costa Rica!!!!!!! presente

7. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:37 PM

KoRn is my favorite band because my dad had one of there albums and he told me about it and we were listening to it and he had the album in the glove box and i took the album out about 12 thousand times to look inside it.So from then on I have looked up other KoRn music it's amazing unique and I've never heard anything like it. I love it. KoRn has changed my life.

8. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Korn is my favorite band cuz they are the best band out of all the bands I know. =P

That and some personal reasons I'll probably post some other time in a blog or something.

9. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 3:55 PM

There is a certain connection, that is unexplainable. Plus their own, unique style, is like no other on the face of this earth!
    "DEAL WITH IT"

10. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 4:52 PM

There's just soooo many reasons to love this band!

11. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Because It was the first band I really payed attention too, and they have monster riffs, awesome drums, sweet bass, lyrics of a god. Everything is perfect.
    (Neidermeyer's Mind)

12. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:04 PM

For obvious reasons (see my screenname) after hearing "Another Brick in the Wall - Parts 1 2 3" I was hooked. Started listened to all Korn songs and knew they were the music I have been missing.
    If you don't listen to the words you're only hearing half the music!

13. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn your favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Oh, the ultimate question... why do I love Korn? There's so many reasons...
    First. I somehow got lucky and skipped the crappy music phase. Before Korn I was listening to Criss Angel (yes he does music), David Cook, Alice in Chains and Godsmack. I had never been into Lady Gaga or Katy Perry or P Diddy ( now Diddy Dirty Money- F*** that sh*t). But music had never really been a big part of my life because I had never really found a band that I truly loved. In 2008, I was finishing up 7th grade- the worst year of my life. I hated middle school so much, and seventh grade was filled with people I absolutely hated, combined with me having zero friends. Life sucked so bad. Over the summer I was watching Mindfreak and heard Criss Angel mention Korn and then I saw him surprise JD at the recording studio on his Halloween Special. Weirdly enough, I don't remember making any comment on JD's appearance (how could you not c'mon, he's so unique) but later I asked my dad about Korn and he looked them up and found Twisted Transistor for me. I had never heard anything like it in my life. I bought the album. I remember listening to it nonstop. Then I got Untouchables. For a while I actually had no idea about any of the korn members. I didn't even know that Jonathan Davis was the singer for like a year!! But eventually I decided to look into it and discovered the story behind the band. I was hooked and the rest was history. I latched onto Korn because their emotion was unlike anything I'd ever felt. After hearing JD sing it seemed like I had never known anger or real pain before and it woke me up in a sense. Alice In Chains was too depressing and Godsmack wasn't really connectable with me. But I found something in Jon that I related to. I felt what he did, being bullied every school year of my life, I realized here was someone who went through this and came out on top. JD became a voice to those teenagers like me who didn't and didn't want to fit in. Although no one around me supported me and my new love for this band I knew I had Jon to turn to when others wouldn't listen. I'm such a people pleaser and hearing JD's struggles about the same type of thing made me feel better. I also in a weird way felt like I was helping JD by listening to him. Until 9th grade I had never heard any korn material from '93-'99 but I went forth and bought Issues and the rest and couldn't believe the musical talent I was hearing. I really began to appreciate Korn's musical gift when the rest of the music industry went down the toilet with Gaga and Bieber. I realized there was no other music like this anywhere, and I was proud to like Korn no matter what others said. People started to make fun of me because Korn was the only thing I listened to, but I told them that's because no one else sounds like them and JD is the only voice I want to hear. Why? Cause he has something to say. I see my friends with 300 artists on their ipods next to my 5, and I think, it's not quantity but quality. All those others sound the same, while mine is unique. I don't need a dozen singers with the same voices and a dozen bands with the same sound. I have my one. Korn made me feel good, like there's someone out there standing up for me and other kids who aren't the cool ones in school. At one point I felt the world had gone down and everyone was shallow and obsessed with their social status. Jonathan Davis reminded me that there are still some deep thinkers out there. That is why Issues is my favorite album and No One's There is my favorite song. JD has taught me so much about the world and the human soul. I have had the opportunity to follow one tortured man through his lifelong journey to freedom and forgiveness, and I am grateful for that chance to learn about myself as well. I can't say I've been through exactly what JD has, because my pain was only a fraction of what he's been through, but the feelings are the same. And he has helped me prevent myself from becoming something I wouldn't want to be. He has used himself as an example to others about how and how not to live your life. These other music artists and bands today; all they talk about is partying at the clubs day and night; that's not sending any good message to future generations. Korn actually has something to say, and so I listen. I love them also because of their dedication to their fans. They have created an "army" of korn kids around the globe! Korn has provided me with the chance to connect with other people that share my love for this band, and now I don't feel so alone in the world. They're all such nice guys and I couldn't have it any other way. I appreciate how each member has added their own flair to the korn sound to create something never heard before.
    I love all their albums and don't think any less of them for trying something new on SYOTOS and Untitled. If you don't like it fine but don't diss the band. It's good that they have freedom as artists. Doing Untitled and Unplugged just proves how they can transcend genres and succeed at anything they put their minds to; they're not just more headbangers, they bend reality!!!! But that explains my siggy: Then, Now, and Forever... ADWDAK!!! It means past present and future we will always love Korn for all they have done to change our lives, and I am forever grateful to them.

Plus the fact that they sound frickin awesome and the name Korn can be used in practically anything!
    Where do you go when no one's there? -I'm The One
    my korn banner

14. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:54 PM

KoRn is my favorite band because there isn't anyone else out there that sounds or even can come close to sounding like them. Like JD said, "There is no genre we fit into, we're the black sheep" I can completely relate to that because I'm a black sheep as well and have been all of my life and never really fit into anything either and he's right, there isn't any genre that they really fit into except for their very own, talk about being unique! Also, I relate to every song, on much deep and very strong levels, they keep me going when I'd rather not. There might even be some out there trying to imitate KoRn's sound but they fail every time. Also, the dedication to their fans floor me, there's not anyone else out there that puts the time, dedication and devotion to their fans that I can think of. Busy as they may be, they set aside time for us, come on live chats for us, puts up this sick site for us, meet and greets, korner, and the list goes on! KoRn finds all kinds of ways for us to be a part of them. Also, the lyrics seem to speak from my soul. It just amazes me how KoRn can come out with these songs and I relate to them so intensely, it's surreal. Every single one of these people that make up KoRn are amazing people that make the most sickest music that I've ever heard in my entire existence, the music is truly what makes me stay, and to be honest, I know that I'll never stop listening to them, until the day I die.

15. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:54 AM

pfloydmaster wrote:
    For obvious reasons (see my screenname) after hearing "Another Brick in the Wall - Parts 1 2 3" I was hooked. Started listened to all Korn songs and knew they were the music I have been missing.
    If you don't listen to the words you're only hearing half the music!

Ya...I AGREE! It's been a long-ass time since ANY BAND had c0me out with their "distinct sound" like we always looked for "back in the day", It's more than sound though..KoRn evokes feelings through their lyrics.

KoRn has given some of us a "reason for our feelings" and a way to express them. Helps to not feel so alone in this Cold World.

Ya..I have to agree..EVERY ALBUM IS DIFFERENT! For this..they get props..because they mix it up..and as so..some ppl "just won't get it". I for one..didn't particularly care for Untitled..but that is my opinion and I won't spew hate just because I don't like that particular album so much.

Now through my years I have learned...Idol worship = idle worship and for every person i place on a pedestal..so they must fall. So I don't "idolize" the band. What I do is appreciate the music they have created..their accessibility to their fans..and have enjoyed the deep friendships that I have developed online and in person that I have met at KoRn shows. As a whole..haters aside..lols we ARE a family and I no longer feel like the "stepchild".♥

Always have been..Always will be jofish420 worldwide baby!

16. RE: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I just think back to the first time I heard Korn. It was late '94 or early '95 and my buddy really wanted me to listen. He played Blind for me. I was blown away by the sound. It was unlike anything I'd heard - so unique and kick ass! The more I listened, the more I liked. Fast forward roughly 17 years later...I'm still listening, still liking! I feel as strong a connection to their music now as I did then and its just as relevant in my life (if not even more now because its been with me for 17 years). I guess I was just enthralled since that first listen, and that feeling has not faded or faltered since.

17. gia avatar gia

Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I love KoRn for many reasons, music is just one of them, it helps me a lot. There was a time when I've been listening to Alone I Break over and over again, all days long for about a year straight, and I've been listenuing only to this one song back then. I was so depressed, it was only thing I could listen to. But most of all Im grateful for my people, for my friends that are like family to me, people I will love forever, people who understand me and accept me, I so love them, I would neve rmeet them if it wasnt for KoRn. I can feel like a part of smth bigger and I have this fan site I run, it gives me feel of purpose in my life too. Im glad I can share what I have with others and spread the word around :)

18. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:05 AM

gia wrote:
    I love KoRn for many reasons, music is just one of them, it helps me a lot. There was a time when I've been listening to Alone I Break over and over again, all days long for about a year straight, and I've been listenuing only to this one song back then. I was so depressed, it was only thing I could listen to. But most of all Im grateful for my people, for my friends that are like family to me, people I will love forever, people who understand me and accept me, I so love them, I would neve rmeet them if it wasnt for KoRn. I can feel like a part of smth bigger and I have this fan site I run, it gives me feel of purpose in my life too. Im glad I can share what I have with others and spread the word around :)

Well said!

19. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I'm a little bit younger than the guys, JD joined up with them the same year that I graduated high school. I've always liked a wide range of music, having only a few artists that I consider long-time favorites. I still hear new music but Korn is the last band that I've added to that category. I went through my "angry 20's" listening to Korn, they had a cathartic effect at the end of a long day of sh**ty jobs and young adult drama. Plus I had never heard a band that incorporated so many different elements that drew me to other artists that I like. Also they've all known each other since they were so young. That's quite a bond, I admire that. Listening to Korn is like laughing in the dark.

20. Re: To all KoRnadicts: Why is KoRn you favorite band?

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM

I started to listening KoRn when I was 13-teen, I was discriminate at school, because I came from small village, my parents didn't have many money, so I never looked good, my dad drunk a lot, punished me and....so many things bad happened in my life.... I was abused too, and I wanted to kill myself.. One day I was looking at MTV and I saw Korn playing "Falling away from me". From that day, nothing was the same.... I become strong, no one can hurt me....I'm new person!
    soada

Get the latest from Korn!