Contest suggestions

Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Ok so I'm going out on a limb here. What would be the ultimate contest for the band to post for the fans?
I was thinking, a fan could go on stage and sing their favorite song. Even if it was just a verse. Or play a bit on whatever instrument they chose. Don't throw tomatoes at me....it was just a suggestion :)

"DEAL WITH IT"

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Contest suggestions

Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Hey Tammie,

no tomatoes shall be thrown from here! ;)

I've always thought it would be a great idea to fit something fan-driven into the whole Korn Kovers idea by having a fan contest where like you say a fan sings a korn track cover, and the winning trasck gets featured on a korn release as a B-side or secret track. That would be awesome, and I for one, would most definitely enter.

Oz =)

Oz ...be yourself, let you come through...

2. Re: Contest suggestions

Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I think it'd be badass for KoRn to actually have the winner of a contest pick a song they want KoRn to cover, and KoRn does it.
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

3. Re: Contest suggestions

Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Personally, I think the coolest contest would be for fans to write a song for Korn that would go on the next album. Fans could submit cool guitar riffs, drum beats, lyrics that, etc.. could all be used to compile one song. The people who wrote the winning parts could get an instrument of their choice. I know that as a poor songwriter, I'm very limited because all I have is an acoustic guitar and an iPad. I'm sure there are a lot of fans who could help write an awesome Korn song and could use help in getting started as an artist themselves. People who are artists could also submit art for the cover of the single.
    I can't think of a cooler contest than that. I think the whole site would catch on fire. How would you feel if a line you wrote ended up on a Korn song?
    One last thing, the contest needs to apply to fans outside the US too. I have been reading some posts and I guess these guys get shafted most the time.
    Let's get this party started, I'm sick of being you

Get the latest from Korn!