Replies to This Posting

1. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Questionable Choices wrote:
    JDM wrote:
    Adam Lawton: Is there any chance drummer David Silveria will be back as well?
    Brian Welch: No.

Shut down! Ray is here to stay. Deal with it.

You are a fucking idiot, and took that out of context

"AL: Is there any chance drummer David Silveria will be back as well?
    BW: No. David has really said some crazy things online about personal things and he’s not in a place where people would really want him around. That happened before I talked with them but I guess the things he said were really crazy. Those guys were in a band together for so long so I don’t know, but for now it’s just not going to happen."

David is in the same place Head was a few years back when bitter words were being exchanged.

Give it time I am sure the guys have all grown up enough to forgive David if and when he makes an apology.

They should bring him back under the condition that he plays his songs as badass as he use to back in the day.

People will come in droves if KoRn has the original five.

David is part of the soul in the writing process as much as Head was, and the guys music has lacked since they left.

Head didn't make false statements about another man's wife on the Internet, bashing the band members and insulting a few fans, calling them " whiny cunts", so the situation is not the same. Head was never replaced. Ray joined the band less than a year after David left. Korn is still making great music, but it's your choice to dwell on the past. Keep it up with the name calling, tough guy. No wonder you're defending David. Why are you even here? Get lost.

2. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM

JDM wrote:

LOL, check you out. Just wow.

Questionable Choices hit it right on the head. It couldn't have been said better.

3. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I bet anything David's gonna do this little side band thing and get back into shape, while cleaning himself up. Then, it's on...

4. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

JDM wrote:
    JDM wrote:

BW: No. David has really said some crazy things online about personal things and he’s not in a place where people would really want him around. That happened before I talked with them but I guess the things he said were really crazy. Those guys were in a band together for so long so I don’t know, but for now it’s just not going to happen."

David is in the same place Head was a few years back when bitter words were being exchanged.

Give it time I am sure the guys have all grown up enough to forgive David if and when he makes an apology.

They should bring him back under the condition that he plays his songs as badass as he use to back in the day.

David is part of the soul in the writing process as much as Head was, and the guys music has lacked since they left.

Head didn't make false statements about another man's wife on the Internet, bashing the band members and insulting a few fans, calling them " whiny cunts", so the situation is not the same. Head was never replaced. Ray joined the band less than a year after David left. Korn is still making great music, but it's your choice to dwell on the past. Keep it up with the name calling, tough guy. No wonder you're defending David. Why are you even here? Get lost.

Look everyone beefs, Head and the band were beefing back when bozzio was in the studio with them, they all got over that, you are a moron if you think that these guys can't get over the past when david makes a sincere apology.
    They would make so much money if the original five were back
    That would be a marketers dream, a huge summer tour with the original five, that may even lead to KoRn being relevant for a year or two
    Why would any of them say no to more money?

People use to say Head will never come back, and now look what happened.

The guys are all adults and should understand that sometimes people are in bad places in their lives that act them to feed off of their emotions and say things in anger

I am pretty sure that David feels horrible for the things he said in stupidity in the past

Fuck Fieldy is a christian now, why the fuck would he not forgive david

I am sure Head would have no problem

It's Jon and Munky who he needs to really convience.

5. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM

WaKe_Up wrote:
    I bet anything David's gonna do this little side band thing and get back into shape, while cleaning himself up. Then, it's on...

Yea that makes sense

I say in a year or two original KoRn will be back and make a fuck ton of money

and I will be at the show when it happens

6. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM

All the points that Questionable Choices made about money and relevancy are valid. I agree, they could make a stack of cash and probably record a "reunion record." I just don't now how you ask Ray, a full-on member of the band, to take a Summer off while the rest of his band takes their "old girlfriend" out for a good old group grope with the nearly 40-year old fans that grew up on KoRn. It may happen; I would love to hear the conversation.
    mlukec

7. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Help ray with what??? David silveria is the original drummer of korn. Ray is just a show off

8. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM

mlukec wrote:
    All the points that Questionable Choices made about money and relevancy are valid. I agree, they could make a stack of cash and probably record a "reunion record." I just don't now how you ask Ray, a full-on member of the band, to take a Summer off while the rest of his band takes their "old girlfriend" out for a good old group grope with the nearly 40-year old fans that grew up on KoRn. It may happen; I would love to hear the conversation.
    mlukec

That is easy, Ray says his heart is in the music, Ray also says he was a big fan before he showed up, and says he isn't in it just for the paycheck, well let's see how big of a fan.

We can look at Judas Priest for an example here, when they had the replacement singer, he said in interview he would gladly step aside to watch JP again with Halford, and you know what, he did.

So if Ray's heart is in it and he is a fan then he will step aside even if it is for a summer or two.
    Plus he can always know if David's wrist goes out during the tour he will get a phone call.

9. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM

JDM wrote:
    JDM wrote:

Look everyone beefs, Head and the band were beefing back when bozzio was in the studio with them, they all got over that, you are a moron if you think that these guys can't get over the past when david makes a sincere apology.
    They would make so much money if the original five were back
    That would be a marketers dream, a huge summer tour with the original five, that may even lead to KoRn being relevant for a year or two
    Why would any of them say no to more money?

People use to say Head will never come back, and now look what happened.

The guys are all adults and should understand that sometimes people are in bad places in their lives that act them to feed off of their emotions and say things in anger

I am pretty sure that David feels horrible for the things he said in stupidity in the past

Fuck Fieldy is a christian now, why the fuck would he not forgive david

I am sure Head would have no problem

It's Jon and Munky who he needs to really convience.

David has dug himself a deep hole thats gonna take time to fill. Like Head said david will not be back anytime soon because he has been acting crazy! First he bashes Jonathans wife which was very messed up and it hurt Jonathans feelings, then he talks about wanting to beat the shit out fieldy thats real mature, then he even disses us fans which is unforgivable IMO; if it weren't for us he wouldn't have the success he has had. And he didn't stop there; he is still talking shit on facebook. Head has mostly just had miscomunications with the band; he never publicly bashed them like david has.

10. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM

It is easy to forgive someone, have you never said anything in anger that you regret?

11. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I'd love to see David back in Korn, but i've come to realize that you can't like David anymore. I see a lot of hate for him on this site. I like original Korn better than the current line up, I must be an asshole.

12. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:43 AM

How can KoRn fans "hate" David? People who hate David have to be like 18 years old. No true KoRn fan would say something so stupid like that. And when I say "true", I mean the ones who bled with the band during the first 2 albums.

Sticks and stones... A few harmless little words aren't gonna mean anything in a couple years when the greatest band in the universe is KILLING the paychecks with the OG5

13. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Ray if you're a fan of korn like you said then leave korn, we want the original 5 members like old days

14. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:53 AM

FuckZiltoid2013 wrote:
    I'd love to see David back in Korn, but i've come to realize that you can't like David anymore. I see a lot of hate for him on this site. I like original Korn better than the current line up, I must be an asshole.

I am an asshole too then.

15. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

WaKe_Up wrote:
    How can KoRn fans "hate" David? People who hate David have to be like 18 years old. No true KoRn fan would say something so stupid like that. And when I say "true", I mean the ones who bled with the band during the first 2 albums.

Sticks and stones... A few harmless little words aren't gonna mean anything in a couple years when the greatest band in the universe is KILLING the paychecks with the OG5

If someone says KoRn with Ray is better than KoRn with David then they probably have never went to an early KoRn show when you could feel the energy, hear the groove, and you knew that the chemistry in the band was tight, don't get it wrong, Ray plays the say rudeaments as David but he lacks the chemistry you use to feel, like a certain electricity that you would feel in the old days.

Fuck I started listening to KoRn when I was 9 in 1995 or 1996
    I saw my first show in Houston when I was like 12 in 1998
    it blew my mind and there was just a awesome electricity to it
    the band vibe was awesome
    the grooves were fucking amazing
    I may not have seen them for the first two albums, but I owned them, and I still consider myself a true old school kornkid

I have been to a show with ray and it isn't the same, and I think it is for two reasons, no head or david

16. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

If someone says KoRn with Ray is better than KoRn with David then they probably have never went to an early KoRn show when you could feel the energy, hear the groove, and you knew that the chemistry in the band was tight, don't get it wrong, Ray plays the say rudeaments as David but he lacks the chemistry you use to feel, like a certain electricity that you would feel in the old days.

I may not have seen them for the first two albums, but I owned them, and I still consider myself a true old school kornkid

I have been to a show with ray and it isn't the same, and I think it is for two reasons, no head or david

Dude, your posts are SPOT ON. Once again, I couldn't have said it better myself.

17. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Questionable Choices is taking all of the words out of my mouth.

-----

I dislike most people's reason for wanting to keep Ray. Most people say "He's a better drummer," or "David is an asshole."

...Seriously?

There are definitely good reasons for wanting to keep Ray. Because he's a really great, sincere guy. Because he's a great drummer. But I barely ever hear those reasons. I usually just hear people bashing David as the reason for them wanting Ray to stay.

Grow up. This isn't about some battle of comparison, seriously. They both have things they have going for them, and things they don't. There are valid reasons for wanting David back, and there are valid reasons for wanting Ray to stay in the band.

The only acceptable reasons for wanting Ray to stay in Korn:
    "Because I like his drumming."
    "Because he's really nice, which makes band chemistry easier."

And those are great reasons. "Because David is an asshole" is not a good reason. Grow up.

18. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM

For most oldschool kornfans we probably prefer the idea of David over Ray for the nostalgic reasons of allowing us to relive those childhood moments we fondly cherish of the how we felt being at a KoRn show way back in the day when the OG5 were rocking out heavier than anything else out there!!!

19. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM

WaKe_Up wrote:

If you think the epitome of KoRn is its music, then you opine erroneously, because as Jonathan would say, it's all about family! Which indeed they are. Ray may bring a new dynamic into the band's sound, but it's undeniable that he has contributed to the maturity, calmness and affability between the members that David had retrograded and invariably worsened. Ray has been an integral part of the unification and rectification of the KoRn family and they are not going to ask him to leave because Ray isn't merely a great musician, he's also a wonderful personality and a great friend.

20. Re: HELP RAY! PLEASE

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

To each his own, I respect your opinion, mine is different.

I have said it before if KoRn is truly about family then bringing David back is a no brainer (plus no one is saying it has to be permanent, fuck when Black Sabbath does a reunion tour they do it for a summer, then ozzy does his solo stuff and the rest of the guys use to do heaven and hell before dio died.), and if Ray is part of that family he should understand and have no problem letting David take the drums for a spin even if it is just for a little bit.

Mature people tend to forgive and not hold grudges

They would be able to bring back Family Values with OG5 make a FUCK TON OF MONEY and all those old kornkids who use to idolize KoRn way back when, will be there, and now we have jobs, and will pay top dollar to see the reunion tour. I mean it is a pretty simple formula that Black Sabbath already uses and succesfully makes money on reunion tours with. KoRn is at the point in their carer where they are almost at 20 years. TWENTY years, now think about this (though this is pure speculation on my part, I obsess about this shit too much) their managers could spend a good amount of money on marketing that would bring the fans back in droves for a OG5 reunion tour that what do you know, just so happens to fall on their 20th reunion. This would make them relevant on the mtvs again, maybe even get this generation of kids into their music. Maybe they want to play out the Head reunion first and see how the fans react, to see how much of a money maker the reunion can be, so as far as I see it, if the guys make a good amount of money (because we all know in the end everything comes down to money) then they are smart enough to realize the final piece (David) will make them more money. I honestly feel that sometimes the drama is there on purpose to make us (the fans) get more emotionally invested into the stake of the band, though I could be wrong.

I am just some stupid fan from San Antonio who has loved this band since 1996.

Get the latest from Korn!