NEW KORN ALBUM DETAILS!

Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM

So it's always exciting when KoRn start work on a new album! So I thought I would layout everything we know so far and as more details are revealed I will keep the post updated.

Album Title: TBA
Release Date: July 2013
Producer: Don Gilmore
Label: Prospect Park
Track List: TBA

Information Regarding the Album:

Jonathan:

Davis says “we’re getting ready to start writing a new record” and predicts that it probably won’t embrace the same electronic path that “…Totality” did. “Our motto is to keep ever-evolving,” Davis says. “I’m sure there’ll still be some electronic influence in there, but I don’t think it’ll be like the last one and go to all those different guys again. We’ll switch it up and try to do something new, ’cause that’s how we work

Munky:
The new music is inspired by our Issues album, or even Untouchables, that era. It’s a little more melodic and a little more aggressive at the same time

I think once Jonathan puts vocals on it, it has…it’s more melodic and the guitars are more aggressive and much more in your face. I think what we did before was bold and took a lot of balls, in regards to the album devoted entirely to dubstep. To me it’s very much a Korn album, but I want to feature more guitar on this album, on the one were writing right now, we still have one foot in the electronic [style], not necessarily the dubstep [sound], and we still have a fresh approach on the guitar riffs with some melodic vocals. Jonathan is great at sort of delivering the aggressive lyrics and vocals.

I wouldn’t say it’s a 180 from the last album, but we’re definitely taking a different approach. We’re not going with the dubstep style, but we are using a lot of interesting recording techniques.

Fieldy:
Right now, I will tell you this … we’ve done something we’ve never done before. Normally if we do a new Korn record, we’ll normally put 12 or 13 songs and that’s how many we make. This time we’ve made 20-plus songs, and we’ll put the best of what we have on there, whatever the numbers end up being. We have so many to choose from, I think it’s going to be a little extra special this time

Other Information:
-Revolver Magazine and Artist Direct have bothed named KoRn's new album as Most Anticipated of 2013.
Revolver Magazine:
It may have seemed like the band members’ side projects were ringing in the end of Korn, with vocalist Jonathan Davis spending a lot of time on his electronic work and guitarist James “Munky” Shaffer focusing on Fear and the Nervous System. However, when Revolver spoke with Munky last year, he said Korn had 15 new songs already and was looking for a producer, adding, “We have a big 2013 planned for our fans, for ourselves, and our families.”

Artist Direct:
Korn’s tenth studio album, The Path of Totality, was in no uncertain terms a “game-changer.” It featured cutting edge production from the likes of Skrillex, 12th Planet, Noisia, and more of EDM’s hottest artists, and was widely hailed by critics and fans alike as Korn’s best album in years. In 2013, expect the follow-up from metal’s most innovative artists to deliver.

There are game changers and then there’s Korn.

These are the men who gave us Korn, Life is Peachy, Follow the Leader, and last year’s The Path of Totality. Every one of those records altered the course of heavy music, and that’s why they cultivated one of the most diehard audiences in history. That brings us to their highly (understatement) anticipated eleventh studio effort.

Coming off The Path of Totality, the guys are emphasizing a return to the guttural guitar driven apocalyptic funk of their classic efforts, while still paving a new path. Whatever they do, it’s bound to break ground and shake up music as a whole.

Are you ready to follow the leaders once more?

-It appears Sluggo will be helping with the editing process of the album. He has posted many pictures of him in the KoRn studio on his instagram and has many post's on his Facebook aswell.

-On January 26 Betatraxx posted on Facebook, "Messed around on a new track with Korn yesterday. Sickest studio ever…. Felt like i was in a giant Guitar Center designed by Tim Burton." He later stated, "It sounds like the past and the future at the same time."

-Head confirmed on Febuary 26 on KJXJ Rock 103.9 that he WILL NOT be on the new KoRn album unfortunately.

Official Social Media Pages:
-Be sure and follow these pages because lots of pictures and information are posted daily regarding the new KoRn album.

JDEVIL33 (Jonathan Davis) Official Twitter
James 'Munky' Shaffer Official Twitter
Fieldy Official Twitter
Fieldy Official Instagram
Ray Luzier Official Twitter
Korn Official Instagram
Sluggo Official Twitter
Sluggo Official Instagram

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: NEW KORN ALBUM DETAILS!

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM

How sick would it be if in May at the first show they play some new shit that they wrote with Head.

2. JJ avatar JJ

Re: NEW KORN ALBUM DETAILS!

Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Does anyone know why they changed to Prospect Park?

3. Re: NEW KORN ALBUM DETAILS!

Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

JJ wrote:
    Does anyone know why they changed to Prospect Park?

Because their contract was up for Roadrunner. Also I believe JD stated awhile ago the band were dissapointed by Roadrunner due to their lack of promoting the band.

4. Re: NEW KORN ALBUM DETAILS!

Fri, May 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM

55 Vernis leather-basedLouis vuitton singapore imprinted
    Michael Kors outlet string launch continues to be
    Michael Kors Outletvery well liked: the Fifty-five Vernis series
    Authentic Jordan shoes ar Louis Vuitton designing director
    louis vuitton outlet online Draw Jakob (Marc Jacobs) unveiled
    Louis vuitton handbags the primary registered 55
    Cheap Michael Kors apparent leather sequence,
    Air jordans for salewith dazzling coloring,
    MK Handbagsiii-perspective printed
    Louis Vuitton Canda Outlet Monogrammed LV indicate routine
    Cheap louis vuittonin addition to shimmering gem
    Michael kors handbagssparkly bright obvious
    Louis Vuitton Canadabuckskin, acting
    Louis Vuitton Canda graceful vogue, this
    Louis vuitton singapore handbags tote the design, run
    Louis Vuitton Sale ages, may be acknowledged
    Air Jordans salewith the ladies favored,
    Michael kors outlet online get to be the interminable timeless.
    Louis Vuitton OutletThis particular series of baggage
    Louis Vuitton Australiausually are named to the
    Louis Vuitton Outletpavement of recent You are able to, for example the Vernis Alma serial,
    Michael kors handbags outlet The big apple ethnical cistron created from
    Nike Air Jordans onlineThe big apple tiny Fernando Tag Jakob. LV Vernis group of
    Louis vuitton Australia Outletleather materials pressure along popular
    Air jordans for salecheap hopeful
    Michael kors storesairfoil, coloration
    LV Handbagsbesides used
    Louis Vuitton Outleta new and dynamic
    Louis Vuitton Canada red-colored, pink,
    MK handbags outletnatural, blue normal water
    Discount jordan shoes and also m during the early lactose (such as
    australia louis vuitton handbagscandy bar ~). Along with
    Stuart weitzmanblack, Vernis series
    michael kors onlineslowly create luster
    Louis Vuitton Canada Outletwith high penetration of violent
    Michael Kors UKdarkish, red along with
    Michael Kors Canada crimson. Luxury synthetic leather, mathematical collections pattern distinctive, extremely brilliant, collapse, Boiled dumplings parcel handbag in the era connected with pop, provides unique new perception associated with fashion. This gross sales price of with regards to $year 2000 (with regards to tough luck thousand kwai). Neverful Serial Intro: Even though Monogram neverful experienced become a road package deal, farsightedness will be average, merely white colored aboard neverful GM or perhaps very good-sounding, and graffito besides allow this to elementary model is stuffed with completely new verve. Buy your dollars worthy of. Journey accommodate.

Newsletter Signup