Many Korn fans panicking if Korn will do another dubstep album....

Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Many people keep stressing that JD would do another dubstep album... I knew he wouldn't in the first place because KoRn ALWAYS experiment and never stick to the one thing (Whereas many people think they know KoRn for sticking to one sound...) Now, people chill the fuck out and read this!

Well, just a quick interview with JD: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/jonathan-davis-korn-has-never-been-a-metal-band/

Jonathan Davis: “Korn Has Never Been A Metal Band”

Big words from Korn frontman Jonathan Davis in a new interview. We definitely think they are a metal band, though. Even with the dubstep thing.

Korn frontman Jonathan Davis has address Korn’s future album plans and where he feels the nu metal icons fit in in a new interview with Radio Metal.

“I think that since we did this record, it wouldn’t be necessary to do another dubstep album, so it’s on to the next thing,” says the singer. “Our records are always kind of different, so I think we’ll take what we’ve learned from this, and there might be subtle influences here and there, but I think overall the next Korn album will be different from the last one.

“There’s a lot of closed-minded metal purists that would hate something because it’s not true to metal or whatever, but Korn has never been a metal band, dude,” he adds. “We’re not a metal band. We’ve always been looked as as what they called the nu-metal thing. But we’ve always been the black sheep and we never fitted into that kind of thing, so… We’re always ever-evolving, and we always piss fans off and we’re gaining other fans, and it is how it is. And I love them all, I even love the ones that hate on us, because if they take the time out to go and say that they hate us; it means that they care. [laughs] You can’t make everybody happy, but I’ve been around for 18 years, so I’m like, “I don’t give a fuck, I really don’t!” I wanna do what makes me happy and makes the band happy. But that doesn’t bother us at all. There will always be people who are going to hate, no matter what the hell we do.”

Fair points, but we definitely think that, overall, Korn are still a metal band. In our amazing new issue, we grill Jonathan Davis ahead of the nu metal legends’ UK tour on why they decided to take the biggest risk of their career and go all dubstep on us. It’s an ace feature and just one of the many reasons you should go buy it!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/140924182703800/ Appreciation Group for JDevil

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Many Korn fans panicking if Korn will do another dubstep album....

Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I would not call that a dubstep album. Personally I like dubstep a lot and it mixes well with metal. There are a lot of examples on YouTube. I hope they do continue to include a little dubstep on future albums. BTW, my favorite dubstep song is Evilution.

2. RE: Many Korn fans panicking if Korn will do another dubstep album....

Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I read the article long time ago, when I brought my copy of Metalhammer. Korn is its own music genre, so I wouldn't worry about their next album. Because whever they do it will be fucking great :)
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

Get the latest from Korn!