what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM

in my case, facebook seems to be sucking the life out of millions of people. it prevents people from actually interacting, and most it is just instant messaging bullshit drama. what do you think?
HIV

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM

i agree with you but i think it's good for peoples can't have news of theyre family or stars !! :) see you

2. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM

HIV wrote:
    it prevents people from actually interacting

I agree. I don't really like Facebook, though I have an account. It helps me to communicate with people from abroad, that's all.
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

3. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I used to like fb, but now i just log in to check what everyone else is posting (mostly music stuffs). it's boring outside of music.

4. RE: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:52 PM

It helps me keep in touch with my friends and family in my home town while I'm studying in different part of country. Also, it's great for organising meetings with a specific group of people (example: you put all your college friends in one list and then contact just them with group message).

5. RE: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM

It is whatever you choose to make it.

6. RE: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I have facebook but i think it has gone way downhill and full of drama, I would delete it if it was not the only way to contact some people
    I prefer Deviantart

7. RE: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Any social networking site tends to do that to people. There are tons and pros and cons, but when it comes right down to it, you just have to make sure that you control the site and the site doesn't control you.

Facebook, to me, is like a never-ending high school reunion - that in itself is horrifying. It used to be rather decent before it exploded into what it is now. They're pushing that site to a level that's completely ridiculous. Before it was a great way to keep in touch and get to know people I met online, like fellow Korn fans, or old friends that moved away, mainly just people who I couldn't interact with any other way - not to mention it was a nice escape from all of the bullshit on MySpace. But then MySpace went to shit and everyone migrated over to Facebook, and here we are now.

One of the major things that I used to like about Facebook was it's overall simplicity - before the Timeline, before the Ticker, before the apps, even. But now it's going the way of MySpace, changing shit around and coming out with useless features that nobody even wants or needs. Not to mention that it's become incredibly hard to adjust your privacy settings, something I'm adamant about.

I don't know. Lately, I've been just using it less and less. I have an attitude that's like "if anyone wants to talk to me, you know my number". If Facebook keeps this shit up, I definitely see people going over to Google+. No matter what, there will always be some form of social networking around and people are going to use it and abuse it.

8. RE: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Twist wrote:
    Any social networking site tends to do that to people. There are tons and pros and cons, but when it comes right down to it, you just have to make sure that you control the site and the site doesn't control you.

Facebook, to me, is like a never-ending high school reunion - that in itself is horrifying. It used to be rather decent before it exploded into what it is now. They're pushing that site to a level that's completely ridiculous. Before it was a great way to keep in touch and get to know people I met online, like fellow Korn fans, or old friends that moved away, mainly just people who I couldn't interact with any other way - not to mention it was a nice escape from all of the bullshit on MySpace. But then MySpace went to shit and everyone migrated over to Facebook, and here we are now.

One of the major things that I used to like about Facebook was it's overall simplicity - before the Timeline, before the Ticker, before the apps, even. But now it's going the way of MySpace, changing shit around and coming out with useless features that nobody even wants or needs. Not to mention that it's become incredibly hard to adjust your privacy settings, something I'm adamant about.

I don't know. Lately, I've been just using it less and less. I have an attitude that's like "if anyone wants to talk to me, you know my number". If Facebook keeps this shit up, I definitely see people going over to Google+. No matter what, there will always be some form of social networking around and people are going to use it and abuse it.

I don't feel the need to type everything that I was thinking after reading this. Nail on the head for me. When it first came out it was great - I was on it all the time and loved being able to keep up with friends from around the world. Now, that aspect is cool and all, but I log in probably once or twice a week and very rarely post or comment on anything. I have friends who do the same, I have friends who post everything from the socks they've decided to wear for the day to how the sandwich they had for lunch was the most scrumdiddlyumptious thing they're ever tasted, and I have frieends who fall into a variety of categories in between.

Love it or hate it, it's better than what we had in 1995 as far as keeping in touch with distant friends or relatives goes.

9. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I think that Facebook has its uses e.g. staying in touch with family and friends, finding out about bands and whatnot but I do think that children that grow up using it all the time will lose that skill that makes you interact socially.

If anything it gave us a great film in the form of The Social Network :-)

Dan

10. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I literally just got one.. about a month ago. Havent even been on it once. But i only got it for NHS since im the president and we have a page for it... Its for drama whores.

11. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:28 PM

To quote Natalie Tran's mother:

"I lika tha facebook."

mlukec

12. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:34 AM

It is the best social networking site which provides wide range of opportunities to interact with people around the world.
    I got an opportunity to follow Prince2 training with Prince2 courses in UK.

13. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

thank you all for your replies!
    HIV

14. Sim avatar Sim

Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

HIV wrote:
    in my case, facebook seems to be sucking the life out of millions of people. it prevents people from actually interacting,HIV

Yea but couldn't you say the same for the internet in general and all of the different websites/social networking websites? Facebook and the internet has its each own individual purposes and that depends on what you make of it, but I think if somebody is spending majority of their time on Facebook or only communicating with people through some sort of social networking site THEN I think you could safely say 'it sucks the life out of people' or 'it prevents people from actually interacting' but then again personally I think that blame should go on the individual themselves.

Either way I cant stand Facebook and have no desire to communicate with people from 8th grade or some shit like that. I stick to tumblr and these korn forums.

15. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Its w/e I use it for games. lol Also stalking people from your past but in an innocent way =]

16. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM

It’s the almost best social networking site. I love it very much. I can chat and share special thing with my friends. Generally I’m in the face book 5 hours per day.

Find parking in Paris and keep your car long hours in Paris parking.

17. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Some say it’s not worth it being in Facebook but yet It’s been dominant place in social network.

Adjustable machine skates are rugged.

18. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:44 AM

I think face book is becoming popular these days but some say it’s a shit yet.
    Cheap wine companies provide better wine deals.

19. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I think Facebook is a very user friendly social network and it�s becoming more popular because of it�s upcoming additional features.
    Link building services

20. Re: what are your thoughts on facebook?

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 5:51 AM

I have a FB I go on it for family and games mostly

Get the latest from Korn!