Am I the only one.....

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I have been a KoЯn fan almost all my life and I love the band to death, but am I the only one hoping that the tenth album isn't going to be all Dub step? After hearing "Get Up" I am sad to say that this is going to be the ONLY album I will have to delete at least one song from my computer and depending on how the rest of the album is maybe not even purchase altogether. KoЯn III was like a dream come true for me going back to their roots with that raw KoЯn sound I fell in love with and having Ross come in again and produce it great. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that feels disappointed in the band with this song. In my opinion this dub step seems like an infection contaminated good music, because the lyrics sound great, but the so called music in that song is painful to my ears. Anyone else with me on this one?

Replies to This Posting

1. gia avatar gia

Re: Am I the only one.....

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 4:35 AM

ohh im sure there is at least one more person...and it isnt me :P

2. Re: Am I the only one.....

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Not me either......

3. Re: Am I the only one.....

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:42 PM

ur not alone, i dont care for dubstep stuff. i like get up but i dont know if i could do a whole album, i am a tad bit disappointed they are going in that direction. i hope they can pull it off and i hope it sounds good. if not oh well.

4. gia avatar gia

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:47 PM

if u guys heard what jd was playing on the chat once u would know that dubstep can be 'korny' too....i think KoRn should release some other official track other than get up so people can see and stop worrying that its all electro and shit, I was afraid at the beginning too, because it wasnt deff smth I would find out to listen on my own, but I did find out thx to get up mostly that dubstep can nicely contribute to KoRn smth fresh and still keep it korny with their characteristic sound, electronic, industrial music still can be dark, heavy, and ambient hence - NIN

5. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I enjoyed 'Get Up', but I am not a fan of dubstep.
    And I have no problem with Korn having dubstep on the upcoming album, I am hoping it isn't entirely dubstep.
    I think that the fans who don't enjoy dubstep should give it a chance.
    Your throat I take grasp.
    Then your eyes roll back.
    Love racing through my veins.

6. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I think Korn III was them veering off course, actually, and didn't really appreciate a return-to-our-roots effort at this point in the game--but that's neither here nor there.

Considering their latest CDs have been more electronically heavy (SYOTOS and Untitled, which I love), I have no problem with them evolving and developing that sound more. I think "Get Up" is way more "Korny" sounding than some of the stuff on KIII, truth be known. Maybe I'm alone on that, but that's okay by me.

I didn't get to hear what JD played in chat. But I know when I listen to the little clip of what he played at his DJ set in Tampa, I end up a puddle on the floor. =P I can't freaking wait.

7. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I thought Get Up sounded pretty good, even though I'm not really a fan of dubstep. I've never even heard of the genre before the song was released. And reading up all the guest dubstep artists that are going to be featured on the upcoming album, it seems that a majority of the songs are going to have dubstep in them, which I am slightly disappointed by. But whatever, I know whatever Korn comes up with is going to be awesome anyways.

8. Re: Am I the only one.....

Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Im not a fan of dubstep, but as a true supporter of Korn wont endlessly bitch about them doing an album influenced by it.
    I would have preferred them to experiment some other way, but as long as there still making music, Ill be happy.

"I tried peace, I tried love, I tried kind, I give up You don't hear, you don't feel, Now I'm here, and I'm real I gave you my blessings, You've failed from testings, I'll show you what death brings, Now feel how my wrath stings"

9. JJ avatar JJ

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I saw an old documentary about Korn recently. Munky said that they always tried to evolve their music.
    And I support their decision even though I dont like dubstep at all.

10. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I'm not a fan of dubstep because of the crazy structures and repetitive nature of most songs. That said, I love how dubstep elements are used on Get Up and hope that the rest of the album uses them as effectively.

11. Re: Am I the only one.....

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I'm kinda with you... Lol! I got into KoRn in the mid 90's... Not too excited about this album but its KoRn so I'm getting it anyway and have to give the whole album a chance... Then if I don't like it listen to it a bit more and end up liking at least a few songs. I don't know what exactly going back to their roots means... Because the 1st time they said they did that they really didn't. TALITM was not like their older stuff, it had a lot more from Untouchables, which was a huge change. Though it was a great Album, Untouchables I mean. After Head it seems the creative new noise shit that I love went out and they replaced it with keyboards and the like. So even though its different its much more into what they've been doing since SYOTOS, it has been leading to this!

12. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Being born in 91 I was raised listening to Korn. I cannot stand dubstep and it feels like they are moving in a direction that i dont particularly want to follow this time. If the whole album is dubstep I am divorcing myself from the band.

13. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:11 AM

I've said that on a post : "...But I don't know if you noticed that, but if Skrillex wasn't on this song, the sound of KoRn is really good, like an untouchable stuff, somethin' like that... I think with the help of Head KoRn should have made a song really close to that stuff with Skrillex, the inspiration here is back because the band is excited by the sound skrillex (or dubstep style) made, but I think that they could do that without him..."

14. Re: Am I the only one.....

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM

yea not a huge fan of dubstep here either. lol but we'll see.

15. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM

dubKorn 4 life!!
    Site Administrator for Kornspace.com

16. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I did enjoy 'Get Up' but I was a little surprised and taken aback (are they two the same thing??) to hear that the new Korn album will be all dubstep, not sure how I feel about that.

Dan

17. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM

We shall see........
    Fairynuff's favourite saying is "She's Bang Tidy. I'm gonna smash her back doors in!!!!"

18. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:06 AM

Dubstep artists producing Korn =/= Korn doing a dubstep album. "Get Up!" is simply Korn with dubstep elements. "DubKorn". Same structure and time signature as most Korn songs, and just hearing the vocals, it's not pure dubstep. JD also mentioned some of the tracks will have drum n' bass elements, some will have dubstep elements, and "drumstep". Personally I'm glad they're building on the SYOTOS/Untitled sound. "Get Up!" segues very well with "Eaten Up Inside" and that's probably one of the greatest Korn songs. I'll take this fresh direction over another "back to our roots" album, which they didn't play more than a couple live anyway. I do think they should release those three songs they recorded back in October, such as the one with acoustic guitar.

Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

19. Re: Am I the only one.....

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I don't like dubstep. I did like "get up". Guess I can tell you my real opinion of the whole album soon.
    Why try to make a point when I can't fit it in your box?

20. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I'm not too looking forward to this whole new dubstep style album. I've been a huge fan of KoRn since high school and love the majority of their music but the dubstep element is in some ways taking the creativity too far and going a bit in the other direction.
    Get Up is good but was very hard for me to get into and now its been around for quite a while since it came out I'm kinda bored and not liking it again.

I want a KoRn album like KoRn III again because that to me really was raw KoRn and was absolutely brilliant to hear live at Download. I did enjoy get up at download but I didnt get as much a feel for it and its kinda hard to enjoy a song with loads of people when most of them haven't heard it and are there for the older classic KoRn songs.
    KoRn

Chaz

Newsletter Signup