Am I the only one.....

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I have been a KoЯn fan almost all my life and I love the band to death, but am I the only one hoping that the tenth album isn't going to be all Dub step? After hearing "Get Up" I am sad to say that this is going to be the ONLY album I will have to delete at least one song from my computer and depending on how the rest of the album is maybe not even purchase altogether. KoЯn III was like a dream come true for me going back to their roots with that raw KoЯn sound I fell in love with and having Ross come in again and produce it great. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that feels disappointed in the band with this song. In my opinion this dub step seems like an infection contaminated good music, because the lyrics sound great, but the so called music in that song is painful to my ears. Anyone else with me on this one?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Being born in 91 I was raised listening to Korn. I cannot stand dubstep and it feels like they are moving in a direction that i dont particularly want to follow this time. If the whole album is dubstep I am divorcing myself from the band.

2. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:11 AM

I've said that on a post : "...But I don't know if you noticed that, but if Skrillex wasn't on this song, the sound of KoRn is really good, like an untouchable stuff, somethin' like that... I think with the help of Head KoRn should have made a song really close to that stuff with Skrillex, the inspiration here is back because the band is excited by the sound skrillex (or dubstep style) made, but I think that they could do that without him..."

3. Re: Am I the only one.....

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM

yea not a huge fan of dubstep here either. lol but we'll see.

4. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:58 PM

dubKorn 4 life!!
    Site Administrator for Kornspace.com

5. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I did enjoy 'Get Up' but I was a little surprised and taken aback (are they two the same thing??) to hear that the new Korn album will be all dubstep, not sure how I feel about that.

Dan

6. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM

We shall see........
    Fairynuff's favourite saying is "She's Bang Tidy. I'm gonna smash her back doors in!!!!"

7. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:06 AM

Dubstep artists producing Korn =/= Korn doing a dubstep album. "Get Up!" is simply Korn with dubstep elements. "DubKorn". Same structure and time signature as most Korn songs, and just hearing the vocals, it's not pure dubstep. JD also mentioned some of the tracks will have drum n' bass elements, some will have dubstep elements, and "drumstep". Personally I'm glad they're building on the SYOTOS/Untitled sound. "Get Up!" segues very well with "Eaten Up Inside" and that's probably one of the greatest Korn songs. I'll take this fresh direction over another "back to our roots" album, which they didn't play more than a couple live anyway. I do think they should release those three songs they recorded back in October, such as the one with acoustic guitar.

Is this my overture,
    or obituary?

8. Re: Am I the only one.....

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I don't like dubstep. I did like "get up". Guess I can tell you my real opinion of the whole album soon.
    Why try to make a point when I can't fit it in your box?

9. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I'm not too looking forward to this whole new dubstep style album. I've been a huge fan of KoRn since high school and love the majority of their music but the dubstep element is in some ways taking the creativity too far and going a bit in the other direction.
    Get Up is good but was very hard for me to get into and now its been around for quite a while since it came out I'm kinda bored and not liking it again.

I want a KoRn album like KoRn III again because that to me really was raw KoRn and was absolutely brilliant to hear live at Download. I did enjoy get up at download but I didnt get as much a feel for it and its kinda hard to enjoy a song with loads of people when most of them haven't heard it and are there for the older classic KoRn songs.
    KoRn

Chaz

10. Re: Am I the only one.....

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:44 AM

If any band can make something out of such a terrible genre, KoRn ought to be the one.
    Have faith.

Stå upp, se hit, var hård, ta stryk.

11. Re: Am I the only one.....

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 7:33 PM

deal with it!

"DEAL WITH IT"

12. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I really didn't care for the dub step I'm just glad the lyrics of Get Up were amazing so yea no matter what KoRn does I'll love it just saying ^-^

13. Re: Am I the only one.....

Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Actually, I LOVED Get Up. It's not like most of the crappy dubstep you hear. It had very strong metal influences, and a great melody + better lyrics (which satisfied the void that KIII left). I don't want the entire to album to be all dubsteppy, but I wouldn't mind if a lot of the songs were similar in style to Get Up.
    ~C'est la vie

14. Re: Am I the only one.....

Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I have a lot of friends who are into Dubstep but not into Korn (although a lot of them listened to them when they were super popular and on MTV all the time around the Follow the Leader/Issues era; weren't real fans, just liked what was super popular at the time) Often when I tell people about Korn doing a dubstep thing, they immediately compare Korn to Britney Spears, because apparently she made a dubsep album. So it is a little weird that Korn is making an ablum that is the same genre that a Britney Spears album is.

Anyway Korn is a band that release albums all the time. So if one album is not an interest, its not like its gonna be forever. I mean they realeased an album last year. Their not like bands like Jane's Addiction, who just released their 4th studio album, and their 1st came out in fucking 1988! For Korn, three years is the longest time period between any album (issues-untouchables and Untitled-Korn III). So its not like it will be more than a year or two until they release more albums. SO if you don't like the dub-step stuff, then it's not like a Metallica reacord, having to wait 5 or 6 more years.

Get the latest from Korn!