Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Most us of have them, and most of us dare not to admit to liking them - our guilty pleasure bands. So who's up for it? Be polite and have a laugh; there will be no judging here...however, your friend count could possibly decrease after posting here.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:38 AM

oh i admit what i like despite the cringes from others, and i am a SUCKER for pop music. all about britney hahaha kesha, katty perry, etc i try not to like it but can't help it ;)

2. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Costa Rica!!!!!!! presente

3. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Hmm...I would have to say that my biggest one is....Cherry Poppin' Daddies XD

Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Night Ranger are all in my top 5 as well^^
    'We come to this place, falling through time, living a hollow life
    Always when taking, waiting for signs, hollow life..'

4. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I don't have any guilty pleasures when it comes to music. I wave my flags proud because I'm very eclectic when it comes to music, and I nor any of you should be ashamed of any of the bands/artists you've listed.

I happily listen to Britney Spears and Fall Out Boy :)
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

5. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Yep I have no guilty pleasures either. I love fall out boy.

6. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Oh the list for me would take up too much space lol! I'll just name a few.
    Lady GaGa(hehe)
    Black Eyed Peas
    Elton John
    Duran Duran(that shouldn't surprise anyone that knows me)
    The Dixie Chicks(lol..are still together?)
    Skid Row
    Slaughter
    Justin Timberlake
    Timbaland
    There's way too many to name and they're all on different spectrums on the music line. That's what I don't understand about some people. How they can be so closed minded on music. They automatically HATE everything, but maybe a couple bands or certain members of bands. *scratches head.

"DEAL WITH IT"

7. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Tammie wrote:

Justin Timberlake
    "DEAL WITH IT"

LOVE JT! lol we should go to a show. hahah

8. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:46 AM

[JT is awesome!
    "Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be back"

9. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:57 AM

You know, I DO like Justin Timberlake. I didn't want to LOL but when he came out with his solo stuff I couldn't help it. I think he's hysterical, too. I haven't seen everything he's done on SNL, but I love the Omeletteville skit....

10. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Well i have to admit my musical tastes have varied over the years, from rock to country to classical to...it goes on and on, so there are many "guilty pleasures" but one song i really like when I am about to give up on this life:

The Notting Hillbillies (Mark Knopfler Band) - Feel Like Going Home

http://youtu.be/BOqgZIzigcI

If you don't listen to the words you're only hearing half the music!

11. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Hm...
    Lady Gaga
    I bleed words onto clean sheets of paper and stain pages with scribbles and strokes...

12. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM

D2,(used to get teased for loving D2, would write their names all over my notebooks) Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, WHite Snake, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Ozzy, Pearl Jam, STP, Fleetwood Mac, Michael Jackson,(Human Nature and Man in the Mirror are 2 of my faves) The Beatles, Depeche Mode, White Lion, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Pet Shop Boys, John Cougar Mellancamp, Motley Crue, Elton John, Queen, E.L.O., Bananarama, The Go gGo's,
    Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Qntal, Coal Chamber, v.a.c., Coldplay, Enya, Dido, Sarah Maclaughlin, Madonna, Ratt, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Slaughter, Beck, Butthole Surfers, Weird Al, Bruce Hornsby and the Range, Bruce Springsteen, Janet Jackson, Prince and the Revolution, A Flock of Seagulls, Tears for Fears, (Pharoas my fav and everybody wants to rule the world), Kate Bush(Running Up that Hill), Peter Gabriel (mercy being one of my fav songs) Miami Vice Sndtrks I had two or three albums from that and used to watch that show all the time) Phil Collins, Jan Hammer, and so many more.

I'm really not one of those who dare not to admit to liking music, I was until I hit adulthood and then didnt give a fuck what people thought of me) a lot of these were from vinyls back in the day and 45's and I could go on and on really but I've just had a brain fart and can't think of anyone else right now. I'm sure more will come to me right after I submit this.

If these are guilty pleasure bands or not, I don't care who judges them. They're stiil good bands to me.
    "..and now I find it hard, to live, my own life...

pleasing everyone, while I'm, just dead inside"

13. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I wouldn't call any music that I like a guilty pleasure, it just shows how open-minded I am with music! :) I like all kinds of music. I love indie, rap, metal, rock, classical, oh there's not much I won't listen to.. I hate country though, that's the one genre I just can't stand. Something about it makes me want to cut my ears off.
    ~C'est la vie

14. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Your text to link here...

LOL
    Costa Rica!!!!!!! presente

15. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I'm a big fan of 80's bands like Culture Club, Duran Duran, Ah ha, Blondie, Spandau Ballet. I really like Sting and the Police, The Beatles & Elvis but my biggest guilty pleasure has to be...................Celine Dion. PLEASE DONT HATE ME!!!!!!! :-) lol!!!!!
    Fairynuff's favourite saying is "She's Bang Tidy. I'm gonna smash her back doors in!!!!"

16. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM

id say for me my guilty pleasure music is veruca salt,lil wayne, and that song called "detachable penis"other than that all im really listening to these days is KoRn, Radiohead, and some 90's rap, none of which i consider guilty pleasure

17. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM

My guilty pleasure besides Korn includes Lamb of God, Lil wayne, Kanye west, Mastodon, Deftones, (Crosses), How to destroy angels, The Birthday Massacre...I could go on and on.
    Does it make me bad??

18. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:55 PM

KornOnTheKob wrote:
    I wouldn't call any music that I like a guilty pleasure, it just shows how open-minded I am with music! :) I like all kinds of music. I love indie, rap, metal, rock, classical, oh there's not much I won't listen to.. I hate country though, that's the one genre I just can't stand. Something about it makes me want to cut my ears off.
    ~C'est la vie

Hehe, I couldn't agree more with you. :)

19. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 10:18 PM

no such thing as " guilty pleasure bands " I enjoy all genres so, its whatever to me. But if I had to choose;

Aqua
    Eiffel 65
    Limp Bizkit

It feels like something...no, it's nothing

20. Re: Guilty Pleasure Bands

Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:44 AM

nickelback lol
    sorry about the spelling

Newsletter Signup