SOAD

Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 7:34 AM

System of Down is fucking awesome. It's time they got their own thread. They've recently made their long-promised and highly-anticipated reunion, and are on a tour to rock the socks off this planet. Seen a show? Love an album? Maybe just wanna discuss Shavo's strange hair color? Please share with the rest of us.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: SOAD

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I've always enjoyed SOAD. Especially the songs that really don't have the typical structure, lyrically or sonically, and just sound like organized chaos, like "Vicinity of Obscenity", "Why?" (I-E-A-I-A-I-O), and "Therapy" (Chik 'n' Stu).

2. Re: SOAD

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:33 PM

i loved elect the dead & ETD symphony, but i agree, imperfect harmonies was not that good :\

i really want a new SOAD album too. i love those guys

3. Re: SOAD

Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:48 AM

i love system!!! lml a friend of mine recorded all their albums and i love them! soon they will come to argentina and i'm sooooooooooooooo damn happy about it!!!

4. Re: SOAD

Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Saw them in Mountain View this past May. 30 song setlist. Fucking amazing show. I'm still in awe over it. Can't get over it.

5. Re: SOAD

Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

nate3one wrote:
    Saw them in Mountain View this past May. 30 song setlist. Fucking amazing show. I'm still in awe over it. Can't get over it.

i was there too!! :D

6. Re: SOAD

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 5:38 PM

System is awesome. Just waiting for a North America tour!
    Who Then Now?

7. Re: SOAD

Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM

^ they just had one...

8. Re: SOAD

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM

facepalm

9. Re: SOAD

Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I'm a closet SOAD fan since 98.

10. Re: SOAD

Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:46 PM

11. Re: SOAD

Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I LOVE System of a Down, particularly their albums Mezmerize, Toxicity, and Hypnotize. I had no idea they were touring again, that's awesome!
    ~C'est la vie

12. Re: SOAD

Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:23 AM

System Of A Down is amazing, second favorite band right after Korn. Have all their albums and hope to see another one eventually. Glad to see that so many Korn fans love System too.

13. Re: SOAD

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:53 AM

their my second favorite band

14. Re: SOAD

Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:33 AM

I like SOAD! even though i didnt really like Hypnotize and Mesmerize (besides a few songs). They were ok. but not as great imo :P. But they're an awesome live band thats for sure. It's been a few years now since i've seen them play live. Missed them this year sadly, hopefully they'll do more shows soon. And a new album would be cool.

15. Re: SOAD

Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I love SOAD. My favorite album is Toxicity (unless you count Mez/Hyp as one album, in which case it's that). My favorite songs are Know, Holy Mountains, and Mr. Jack.

16. Re: SOAD

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 8:24 AM

I love them, they were actually the second band I got into after Korn (Korn being the first). The first song I heard was Chop Suey (shocker, huh? *sarcasm*). I have Toxicity, as well. One of those must-have 90's albums. I also like Serj's solo stuff. Glad they regrouped. :-)

17. Re: SOAD

Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I used to love SOAD but I kinda fell away from them.

What are they doing now, they going to make a new album now they are back together?

Dan

18. Re: SOAD

Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 4:34 PM

^dan, they just went on a tour. and, according to them, that's all they plan on doing. :\

ALSO, if you really like SOAD, you should check out thier demos and unreleased shit. so good

19. RE: SOAD

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Yeah hope system of a down tours in the states again.
    ROCK ON GUYS AND SHAVO U ROCK AS BASSIT

20. RE: SOAD

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I hope day will come to europe ... or ... TO POLAND!!

Newsletter Signup