Slipknot

Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:52 AM

Who here is into Slipknot? How do you feel about the band after Paul Gray's death? How long have you been a fan? what is your favorite Slipknot song and album?

I have been a Slipknot fan for seven years. My favorite album is Iowa. There are so many awesome tracks on there. it was sad when Paul died. I washed the press conference when most of the band appeared unmasked talking about him. It was very sad.
Does it make me bad??

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Slipknot

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I love Slipknot, but not all their songs. I like more melody and am not into some of the more caustic stuff. I think wait and bleed, duality and psychosocial are my favorite songs of theirs. I also really like snuff. I got into Stone Sour first, back when they came out with the song Bother.
    Let's get this party started, I'm sick of being you

2. Re: Slipknot

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 5:00 AM

i remember being a fan before Iowa was out.

my favorite Slipknot album is Vol 3.

3. Re: Slipknot

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I love Slipknot and I wasn't too sure what it would be like without Paul. I saw them live again about 2 weeks ago at Graspop Metal Meeting Festival and I must say it was really cool. You know, the band was really trying to honour Paul and it was cool to see, plus it was probably one of the coolest setlists I've seen them play. But it was weird seeing only Paul's suit on stage.

I don't consider myself a fan, but they are amongst the bands that i love to listen to. Plus i pretty much try to see them as often as i can :P. My fave album would be Slipknot and Vol.3 has some awesome tracks on it.

4. Re: Slipknot

Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 6:03 AM

my best ever metal concert was slipknot, they really do great shows
    ~nothing is beyond you~

5. Re: Slipknot

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I agree. I saw them in 09. That show was amazing.

avangardeify wrote:
    my best ever metal concert was slipknot, they really do great shows
    ~nothing is beyond you~

Does it make me bad??

6. RE: Slipknot

Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 5:15 AM

i have been a slipknot fan since i was 7 i am now 15 paul greys death was horrible it sucks to lose such a great person my favorite album would be all hope is gone and song is phscosocial and despite greys death they are still slammin

7. Re: Slipknot

Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I'm soo sad about death of Paul!!!!
    my favorite song of them is Befor I Forget!!
    I don't have fav ALBUM :)

I will do something for Him it will be suprise !!!!!!
    (for PAUL)

8. Re: Slipknot

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Not much of a fan. I enjoyed the first album, mildly.
    It feels like something...no, it's nothing

9. Re: Slipknot

Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 4:03 AM

I have been a huge fan of Slipknot for 9 years, and still consider them to be my favourite band. I was so sad to hear of Pauls death, but I am looking forward to seeing what lies ahead for the band now, and i'm sure everything they do from now will be in honour of Paul. I can't wait to see them again in March, but it won't quite be the same without Paul.
    My fav album is All Hope is Gone, but really, it's hard to choose, I love them equally!

10. Re: Slipknot

Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I heard that they will be touring this summer. I am looking forward to this.
    Does it make me bad??

11. Re: Slipknot

Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I use to like this band, gateway to metal man :p

12. Re: Slipknot

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I still listen to this band but not as much as I used to. I love Slip but...I don't know. Lately, just haven't been connecting.

Been a fan for about 8 years. V3 is still my favorite album but surfacing wins favorite song.

Paul, it's really fucked up he's gone. Like I said, just not into them like I used to be.

"Sometimes, I hate, the life, I made
    everything's wrong every time"

13. Re: Slipknot

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I totally love Slipknot and I'm a huge fan. I was watching the conference as well when Paul died and I was crying my guts out. He was by far the coolest and funniest member :/ My favourite album would have to be Iowa because when I started to listen to them, it was the album I could relate to the most. I love all songs on Iowa. Slipknot is right next to Korn on top of my "Favourite Bands" list :)
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

14. Re: Slipknot

Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM

It was revealed that Slipknot is playing Mayhem this year and because of that I really want to go.
    Does it make me bad??

15. Re: Slipknot

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

KORN365 wrote:
    It was revealed that Slipknot is playing Mayhem this year and because of that I really want to go.

Yes I heard :)
    "Become good at cheating and you never need to become good at anything."

16. Re: Slipknot

Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Slipknot were the first metal band I ever listened too and in doing of effectively changed my life.

Been a fan since the Self Titled and I cant really pin down one favourite song, Purity, SIC and No Life are stand out tracks though.

I was nearly sick when I heard about Paul. Dimebag and Paul are the only 'rockstars' that I've gotten upset upon hearing of their deaths.

Dan

17. Re: Slipknot

Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Been a fan for about 3 years, Favorite cd is The Subliminal Verses, and my favorite song is Eyeless

18. RE: Slipknot

Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM

They are so cool! I was on their concert in Moscow last summer and it was so damn hot!!
    I hope there will be more hot on KoRn's concert in Moscow this summer! Yeah!!
    And I have been listening for both of them for a few years now, cannot imagine my life without them! :3
    Making fairytale become true!

19. RE: Slipknot

Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I've also been a Slipknot fan for about 7 years. The first album I got from them was Vol.3 (Subliminal Verses) and I've been hooked since; but it isn't my favorite album. My favorite album is Iowa; the only Slipknot album I listen to back to back without skipping any tracks. My favorite song would be between Metabolic and The Blister Exists and I can't even begin to tell you how upset I was when I heard about Paul. It was the most devastating news I'd heard that day; it felt as if I personally knew him. Very gut wrenching!

20. RE: Slipknot

Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

He would have been 40 yrs old today (X)

Newsletter Signup