Why Do Bands Treat Their Fans Like Shit?

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I run a used media store. Today a guy came in with a poster signed by Corey, Chris & Clown of Slipknot. He wanted to sell it. I explained that rock autographs aren't worth anything because they are so easy to forge. I told him that he should keep it as personal memorabilia. Then he told me his story. He paid $20 for the little 11x17" "poster". He waited outside in freezing weather for 45 minutes to meet 3 random band members. When he got to the autograph table he was not allowed to talk to the guys or take any pictures. The three members scribbled their autographs for him and he was rushed back outside. He was so fed up that he said he doesn't want anything to do with Slipknot anymore and he gave me the poster. He said he was going to throw it away otherwise. WTF? The fans are what make these bands successful. Does KoЯn treat their fans like this? I've heard mixed stories. They were great to me but I was with radio station people. Any thoughts on this?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Why Do Bands Treat Their Fans Like Shit?

Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I like going to the big festivals where they have the free meet & greets where they end up giving you a free glossy 8x10 and the band will sign it (it's always the special guests and never the headliners) the first one I ever knew of that was going on was a KoRn one, though.

Get the latest from Korn!